The GOPers

A far- right candidate won't get Independent votes. JakeStarkey is right.

Not hardly. YOu really think the 10% in the middle is going to care about that?

They are going to care who they think can get the job done and who'd they'd like to have a beer with.

And that guy isn't Romney.

You guys work on the faulty assumtion (and by you guys, I mean both liberals and conservatives) that people work on partisan considerations, just like you do.

that 10% in the middle who decide elections are going to vote based on whether they like the guy on a personal level, and how they feel about their personal situation, and whether the guy inspires confidence.

The thing is, every argument from a Jake or an Amelia that is pro-Romney is always couched on why (Perry/Bachmann/whoever) is worse, not why Romney is particularly good.

The other key thing is to have your based enthused.. and the base isn't thrilled with the Android from Kolob in the least.

"10% in the middle" :eusa_eh: :lol: Independents (what they've been traditionally refereed to as) are more like 30% +. These people determine elections. Where are you coming up w/ this figure? Link please.

The people claiming that are not true Republican conservatives, just far right wack jobs who put on paper ears and claim they are bunnies. Fuck em, they are still wacks, not Republicans.

Romney is in the lead again?

You know what, guy, we listened to the "Let's vote for someone more moderate" schtick in 2008, and look where that got us?

Romney's in the lead in one poll, which is Fox News, which is the voice of the GOP establishment, so you have to wonder if they are fudging those numbers...

The reality is, if you look at the RCP graph, Romney's average has never gotten above 25%. He's been running for five years now, and really, has never had the support of 75% of the party.

I'm just wondering what is so compelling about this guy that you are all willing to lose to Obama to get him...

Damned if I can see it.

Joe can't see it is the problem, which is that we will lose to Obama if we don't run Romney. Perry can't recover now. Crazy Texas moron. He was told that what worked in Texas was not transferrable to the nation for him. What Bush did, he can't do, and he hates Rove for telling him so to his face. Fuck him. The far right has nothing to offer and never has had anything to offer in this presidence of worth.

Face the facts, JoeB.

You want to run Romney?

Apparently you love the same old republican nonsense.

Romney is another do nothing republican...

correct me if I'm wrong, Ravi, but if I kill all the GOPers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key....

correct me if I'm wrong, Ravi, but if I kill all the GOPers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key....

No you'll be in line to get the most high award obama and the liberals can give the brown shirt award of valor, or you might be called an enemy combatant an assinssnated to cover up the killing.:lol:

I bet if a progressive tried that they would be pistol whipped with their own gun (which would be ironic considering they're anti-guns, and allegedly pro peace...)

If Christie doesn't waddle into the 2012 race and if Palin decides that the money is preferable to looking like an idiot during interviews and debates, will the fringe of what's left of the Republican party still make the excuse that the Left nominated their candidate yet again this year?

I love it when they play the victim! "Liberal media" bogeyman! The Left chose McCain as 'our' nominee! Durbin's anti rate rape bill 'made' the banks charge debit card fees! So many scapegoats. So few answers.

No you'll be in line to get the most high award obama and the liberals can give the brown shirt award of valor, or you might be called an enemy combatant an assinssnated to cover up the killing.:lol:

says Mr. Brown Shirt BigRebNC. You are projecting again, boy.

says Mr. Brown Shirt BigRebNC. You are projecting again, boy.

I asked him and he never told me what the "Reb" stands for unless i didn't see his response.

bigrebnc1775 uses his moniker to infer that somehow the rebellion of 1775 officially began in North Carolina, another of his wankers that he has pulled here.

He is a militia brown shirt who is scared of those who understand America far better than he.

Every argument from JoeB for Perry/whoever is phrased in a mismatch of history that is not accurate.

JoeB, my old friend, is now terrified that Mitt is going to sweep the Hard right.

NO, I'm not worried about that.

I'm worried that Romney might get the nomination because blue states vote before Red States, and this idiot could lock up the nomination before people realized what the hell just happened. (Which is pretty much how McCain got the nod.)

And then he'll lose to Obama in an epic election.

"10% in the middle" :eusa_eh: :lol: Independents (what they've been traditionally refereed to as) are more like 30% +. These people determine elections. Where are you coming up w/ this figure? Link please.

I come up with those numbers in the fact that neither party has really ever gone below 45% unless a third party was drawing away votes.

Hat is not because independents are 10%. It is because independents do not vote for one candidate. They are naturally split or they would not be independents.

Every argument from JoeB for Perry/whoever is phrased in a mismatch of history that is not accurate.

JoeB, my old friend, is now terrified that Mitt is going to sweep the Hard right.

I'm worried that Romney might get the nomination because blue states vote before Red States, and this idiot could lock up the nomination before people realized what the hell just happened. (Which is pretty much how McCain got the nod.)

The early primaries are weighted right, not left. McCain survived that because the Hard Right split the vote until it was too late to stop Big John. That may well happen in this election.

The early primaries are weighted right, not left. McCain survived that because the Hard Right split the vote until it was too late to stop Big John. That may well happen in this election.

Actually, McCain won because he was the strongest "not Romney" out there.

And Super Tuesday is what put McCain over the top. - California and New York with their "Winner Take All" primaries gave him an insurmountable lead.

Romney has never gotten more than 25% in any poll. The only thing that keeps him alive, besides his willingness to spend the millions he's made screwing working folks, is that the 75% that won't vote for him haven't coaleased around a "not Romney" yet.

Really, this idea that McCain lost the election to Obama because (fill in your reason here) is rather bogus anyway. It did not matter who was elected in the primary to run against Obama. They would have lost. Had Mother Teresa been VP and Jesus the nominee they still would have lost because people were that angry at the republican party as a whole for Bush. Plain and simple. The landscape is far different today...

Really, this idea that McCain lost the election to Obama because (fill in your reason here) is rather bogus anyway. It did not matter who was elected in the primary to run against Obama. They would have lost. Had Mother Teresa been VP and Jesus the nominee they still would have lost because people were that angry at the republican party as a whole for Bush. Plain and simple. The landscape is far different today...

I think McCain could have had a shot at it. He had been critical enough of Bush to innoculate himself from Bush's unpopularity. He did get 47% of the vote.

I think Huckabee would have had a better shot, because he relates to regular people. He's not a millionaire who can't tell you how many mansions he owns, like Romney and McCain.

I don't think that the landscape is that different today. More people blame Bush for the current economic mess than blame Obama, Obama is still personally liked even if people dislike his policies and performance. Also, the GOP has so poisoned the well with minorities that they are going to have a hard road to hoe.

Keep in mind, Democrats won four of the last five popular votes. (Yes, Democrats got more votes in 2000, Republicans. Learn to deal.) The only one where Republicans won was 2004, where they had an incumbant president, a weak challenger, a decent economy, and was during a war, and we've never voted out a president in the middle of a war.

And they STILL only got 51% of the vote. An 80,000 vote shift in Ohio would have given the election to Kerry.

The GOP both short term and long term has to build bridges. Romney would burn bridges.

"Hey, let's nominate a job-busting, immigrant-baiting, clueless rich guy with a weirdo religion! Yeah, that'll work."

I think McCain could have had a shot at it. He had been critical enough of Bush to innoculate himself from Bush's unpopularity. He did get 47% of the vote.

I think Huckabee would have had a better shot, because he relates to regular people. He's not a millionaire who can't tell you how many mansions he owns, like Romney and McCain.

I don't think that the landscape is that different today. More people blame Bush for the current economic mess than blame Obama, Obama is still personally liked even if people dislike his policies and performance. Also, the GOP has so poisoned the well with minorities that they are going to have a hard road to hoe.

Keep in mind, Democrats won four of the last five popular votes. (Yes, Democrats got more votes in 2000, Republicans. Learn to deal.) The only one where Republicans won was 2004, where they had an incumbant president, a weak challenger, a decent economy, and was during a war, and we've never voted out a president in the middle of a war.

And they STILL only got 51% of the vote. An 80,000 vote shift in Ohio would have given the election to Kerry.

The GOP both short term and long term has to build bridges. Romney would burn bridges.

"Hey, let's nominate a job-busting, immigrant-baiting, clueless rich guy with a weirdo religion! Yeah, that'll work."

Whether or not they blame Bush is irrelevant. Bush was hated and I mean true hate. Obama is now in office and pulling that avarice. People are now focused on him. With the failing economy and Obama's ability to alienate even his own party the political landscape is FAR different. The Democrats have to defend their policies instead of running on 'I'm not that guy' like they did the last time. This is a HUGE difference and the vitriol that Bush brought is no longer the staple here.

YOu keep telling yourself that, but really, none of these guys are ahead of Obama right now.

???
I don't see where you are coming from? I never said that anyone was ahead nor did I say that the republicans would win this election. My point was that the last election was a shoe in, the dems were damn near guaranteed to win it. This time it will not be like that. Both sides are going have a fight on their hands and it will not be an easy one.

Forum List

Back