The GOP voter suppression targets Dems

1) It had nothing to do with the REP party
2) It is an unsubstantiated claim by a fucking BLOG

Um, yes it was. It is a self-proclaimed "right to life" organization. Did you notice what the blog IS? It's Wisconsin voters blogging about their experience with these calls. Moron.

Ummm... please show where this is/was the REP party's actions?? Or any actual political party's actions for that matter

It is a fucking blog... I don't care if it is Parrot owners of south Wisconsin, or Peanut Butter and Jelly lovers of Madison, or a message board of people who like to vote... it is an unconfirmed story by a blog source... not to be taken as biblical fact..

"Journal Sentinel reporters have been asking voters since Tuesday for a recording of the robocall, either from voicemail or from a person who has recorded the call. No one has been able to provide a copy."

No.. idiot

We'll see. Why would voters make this up?

"Journal Sentinel reporters have been asking voters since Tuesday for a recording of the robocall, either from voicemail or from a person who has recorded the call. No one has been able to provide a copy."

No.. idiot

We'll see. Why would voters make this up?

Why do people like TDM make things up on the internet??

It is an unreliable source on an unconfirmed claim... that even with all this it does not even claim that it is the REP party doing it...

Give it up and get some real sources... say for example if the state starts taking non-citizens off the voter roles as confirmed and corroborated by the election board

"to weed non-citizens off the rolls of the state’s voters"

I don't care where the demographic falls.. non-citizens, felons, and the dead should be off the voter rolls and unable to vote... I don't care if they are REP, DEM, IND, black, white, purple, gay, straight, asexual, male, female, hermaphroditic, bald, tattooed, pierced, albino, old, young, or whatever

Seems pretty damn simple to me

Great, you dont care. I dont either but why does the majority or the people questioned by one political party belong to the other political party?

Seems pretty damn simple to me whats going on

No.. you are drawing a conclusion from both your hyper-partisan agenda and the opinion given by the author and their reliance on a biased 'expert'

If you read it you'd know that what you just said is wrong. The Miami Herald looked at the rolls. Not one "expert" as you cliam.

What is this shit? You dont read the article, dont know what it says but you've concluded that it's accurate or inaccurate based on whether you like the title or not.

Great, you dont care. I dont either but why does the majority or the people questioned by one political party belong to the other political party?

No.. you are drawing a conclusion from both your hyper-partisan agenda and the opinion given by the author and their reliance on a biased 'expert'

If you read it you'd know that what you just said is wrong. The Miami Herald looked at the rolls. Not one "expert" as you cliam.

What is this shit? You dont read the article, dont know what it says but you've concluded that it's accurate or inaccurate based on whether you like the title or not.

The conclusions on the 'threat' were drawn by the 'expert'.... it is right here, in the article...

It is also an OPINION piece...

I also researched into the affiliation of the expert, something YOU did not do...

Nice try.... almost as nice as you trying to only take the number from Dade as the total found ineligible for the whole state

Again.. .I don't care if people are red, blue, black, white, old, young, male, female, DEM, REP, CON, GRE, IND, tall, short, fat, thin, or whatever else... ineligible is ineligible no matter how the %'s lay

The leaps in the article are nothing more than fucking opinion...

Your 'link' is a partisan opinion piece. Hope that helps.

How so, Its from the Miami Herald? Did you read it? Care to question the authenticity or will you wait for a rebuttal to be posted on Drudge to have an answer? :lol:

... "politically progressive African American commentator..."

Leonard Pitts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does that give you a clue? Idiot.

It says the MIAMI HERALD looked at the rolls, not him personally. God, does he have to be a conservative to tell the story now? Blame the messenger much?

The conclusions on the 'threat' were drawn by the 'expert'.... it is right here, in the article...

Now you're being a weasel. I'm talking about the voter rolls while you are focused on that guys OPINION. Fuck his Opinion...the rolls are still the same and you cant talk about it.

I also researched into the affiliation of the expert, something YOU did not do...[/quote]

What expert? The Miami Herald?

Nice try.... almost as nice as you trying to only take the number from Dade as the total found ineligible for the whole state

Again.. .I don't care if people are red, blue, black, white, old, young, male, female, DEM, REP, CON, GRE, IND, tall, short, fat, thin, or whatever else... ineligible is ineligible no matter how the %'s lay

Yep it's Opinion, but fuck his opinion and you still have a majority of Dems on this list. Why are you ignoring that fact? You researched who? The Author? Did you Research the voter rolls or it's percentages of political affiliation? No, right? You're witch hunting but it's cool, now.

The party that is questioning these people belong to the other party. I think If the shoe was on the other foot that would be the only way you would see an issue...oh and a issue it would be! Hell, 2 black panthers were at a voting station and you havent shut up about it for 4 years!

Now you're being a weasel. I'm talking about the voter rolls while you are focused on that guys OPINION. Fuck his Opinion...the rolls are still the same and you cant talk about it.

I also researched into the affiliation of the expert, something YOU did not do...

Yep it's Opinion, but fuck his opinion and you still have a majority of Dems on this list. Why are you ignoring that fact? You researched who? The Author? Did you Research the voter rolls or it's percentages of political affiliation? No, right? You're witch hunting but it's cool, now.

The party that is questioning these people belong to the other party. I think If the shoe was on the other foot that would be the only way you would see an issue...oh and a issue it would be! Hell, 2 black panthers were at a voting station and you havent shut up about it for 4 years!

The conclusions are the entire basis for the objection... hence relevant

Which expert? Tova Wang.. maybe if you read, you would have noticed that

Again... unauthorized to vote is unauthorized to vote... somehow, unlike me, you would probably have no problem if the result affiliations were turned.. results in outcome do not inherently constitute bias in application.. but nice try

The black panthers were not checking for the legality of people voting, nor were they government officials who are responsible for the elections... that incident was not even in the same ballpark as this... I would object to anyone from any political leaning using strongarm techniques to add intimidation outside of the voting place for any citizen eligible to vote... I don't care if it is black panther, KKK, right wing cow farmers with baseball bats, left wing gay activists with pepper spray, libertarian pizza deliverers with tire irons, authoritarian cashiers with football pads pushing people, or whatever...

Why are you so focused on this guy and not the conclusions? You havent researched shit except reasons why you can attack the individual and not the data.

Another lie, here is the only mention of Tova Wang:

But the “threat” is very nearly non-existent. Tova Wang, an expert in election law, told U.S. News and World Report in April that the number of people who have been prosecuted successfully for voter fraud is “ridiculously low.”

Once again, I am not talking about the "threat" she's talking about I'm talking about the voter rolls that was reviewed by the Miami Herald. Here is the part of the article I keep drawing your eyes to:

The Herald recently analyzed the list and found it dominated by Democrats, independents and Hispanics. Republicans and non-Hispanic whites were least likely to have their voting rights challenged.

Now that its posted and seemed to manage to miss it after reading the article. What say you? The Herald didnt do it? Tova hypnotized them? Whats your new excuse?

Another lie, here is the only mention of Tova Wang:

But the “threat” is very nearly non-existent. Tova Wang, an expert in election law, told U.S. News and World Report in April that the number of people who have been prosecuted successfully for voter fraud is “ridiculously low.”

Once again, I am not talking about the "threat" she's talking about I'm talking about the voter rolls that was reviewed by the Miami Herald. Here is the part of the article I keep drawing your eyes to:

The Herald recently analyzed the list and found it dominated by Democrats, independents and Hispanics. Republicans and non-Hispanic whites were least likely to have their voting rights challenged.

Now that its posted and seemed to manage to miss it after reading the article. What say you? The Herald didnt do it? Tova hypnotized them? Whats your new excuse?

Idiot

Tova's 'findings' or 'conclusions' are indeed the basis behind the opposition, while bringing in the little old man story for tear jerking... the OPINION in this article circles right around voter fraud not being a threat, which is complete and utter bullshit.. as 1 fraudulent vote or vote registration is 1 too many and is a threat

And as stated in another thread... If they are shown not to be citizens or otherwise ineligible to vote, it is NOT A VOTER purge, it is upholding election law

And again.. this is not about targeting DEMs or Whites or Men or Eskimos or Gays or Cripples or Left Handers or anything else... that is PURELY THE FUCKING OPINION that they give while giving bullshit biased expert OPINION as backup and a tear jerker story to lead in... it is about upholding election law and ensuring only those eligible to vote, vote

Oh.. and don't think I didn't notice that you just skipped over everything else I fucking destroyed in your little stance

"to weed non-citizens off the rolls of the state’s voters"

I don't care where the demographic falls.. non-citizens, felons, and the dead should be off the voter rolls and unable to vote... I don't care if they are REP, DEM, IND, black, white, purple, gay, straight, asexual, male, female, hermaphroditic, bald, tattooed, pierced, albino, old, young, or whatever

Seems pretty damn simple to me

Coincidence does not equate to causation....

If the result is X% REPs, and X+10%DEMs, so fucking what?? If it is X% 'white' and X+20% hispanic, so fucking what. It is about getting non-citizens off the voter rolls where they do not fucking belong in the first place

Warrants repeating

The voter rolls are dominated by dems and Hispanics. Nothing you say will change that fact. Notice you never question the rolls just the opinion.

Fuck the guys opinion, look at the voter rolls that were reviewed by the Herald. You won't and cannot dispute it.

The voter rolls are dominated by dems and Hispanics. Nothing you say will change that fact. Notice you never question the rolls just the opinion.

Fuck the guys opinion, look at the voter rolls that were reviewed by the Herald. You won't and cannot dispute it.

Again.. .for the stupid

If the result is X% REPs, and X+10%DEMs, so fucking what?? If it is X% 'white' and X+20% hispanic, so fucking what. It is about getting non-citizens off the voter rolls where they do not fucking belong in the first place

Again.. .for the stupid

Yeah, just so happens that the list is dominated by Dems. I understand why you dont care but when the tables are turned dont cry about it.

All just a coincidence huh. One that happens over and over and over.

Back in 2000, state Attorney General Katherine Harris stripped tens of thousands of legal Democratic voters of their right to vote in Florida on the bogus assertion that they were felons. This, in an election which was decided by only a few hundred votes.

In 2002, the purge continued, with the company charged to maintain the list claiming that as many as 91,000 of the 94,000 names on the list were not illegal voters. Florida “promised” to clean up the list.

Jump to 2004. Guess what? The voter purge list was still alive, this time even more flawed than ever, and–like all of its iterations–it “accidentally” purged decisively against Democratic voters. Whoopsie! How could that have possibly happened?

Fast-forward to 2008, and we see the techniques to purge Democratic voters continued, albeit in a milder form: meaningless small typos and variations in how names were written (with a middle initial or full name, for example) purged tens of thousands of voters.

Happens every year and by accident...Coincidence, it targets dems heavily. If you were honest you would notice a pattern. You're not tho

The GOP, demographics and voter suppression - Leonard Pitts Jr. - MiamiHerald.com

Reading this story I fond this little gem

Florida claimed roughly 180,000 were possible noncitizens. That number was eventually whittled way down to about 2,600 people. In Miami-Dade County, where the largest number of them live, 385 have been verified as citizens. Ten – 10! – have admitted they are ineligible or asked to be removed from the rolls.

Just a coincidence right? Shouldnt be a problem for citizens to prove they are citizens right? So why is the list dominated with Dems?

Nope nothing to see here

url

Again.. .for the stupid

Yeah, just so happens that the list is dominated by Dems. I understand why you dont care but when the tables are turned dont cry about it.

All just a coincidence huh. One that happens over and over and over.

Back in 2000, state Attorney General Katherine Harris stripped tens of thousands of legal Democratic voters of their right to vote in Florida on the bogus assertion that they were felons. This, in an election which was decided by only a few hundred votes.

In 2002, the purge continued, with the company charged to maintain the list claiming that as many as 91,000 of the 94,000 names on the list were not illegal voters. Florida “promised” to clean up the list.

Jump to 2004. Guess what? The voter purge list was still alive, this time even more flawed than ever, and–like all of its iterations–it “accidentally” purged decisively against Democratic voters. Whoopsie! How could that have possibly happened?

Fast-forward to 2008, and we see the techniques to purge Democratic voters continued, albeit in a milder form: meaningless small typos and variations in how names were written (with a middle initial or full name, for example) purged tens of thousands of voters.

Happens every year and by accident...Coincidence, it targets dems heavily. If you were honest you would notice a pattern. You're not tho

For the stupid, AGAIN

And cleaning ineligible persons from voting IS NOT VOTER PURGE.. it is holding up and enforcing election law... it cannot be voter purge if they cannot be VOTERS

And BTW.. try and cite the biased blog you quote

http://blogd.com/wp/index.php/archives/9508

Gotta love the tree on the site where it is housed too.. kinda says it all
Home > Election 2012, Right-Wing Slime > Florida Republicans Illegally Purging Voter Rolls, AGAIN

Last edited:

Forum List

Back