The GOP voter suppression targets Dems

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
The GOP, demographics and voter suppression - Leonard Pitts Jr. - MiamiHerald.com

Reading this story I fond this little gem

Florida claimed roughly 180,000 were possible noncitizens. That number was eventually whittled way down to about 2,600 people. In Miami-Dade County, where the largest number of them live, 385 have been verified as citizens. Ten – 10! – have admitted they are ineligible or asked to be removed from the rolls.

The Herald recently analyzed the list and found it dominated by Democrats, independents and Hispanics. Republicans and non-Hispanic whites were least likely to have their voting rights challenged.

Just a coincidence right? Shouldnt be a problem for citizens to prove they are citizens right? So why is the list dominated with Dems?

Nope nothing to see here

And this:

Thus, you get Internicola being asked for his papers. Yes, he provided them. But how many people, in a nation where voter turnout stands at a measly 45.5 percent, are going to make the effort? How many, when repeated obstacles are placed between them and the polling place, are going to give up in frustration? And that, of course, is the whole idea.

This is a thumb on the scales. It is a blatant use of the machinery of government in the cause of voter intimidation and suppression.

Internicola happens to be — what are the odds? — a Democrat. He was “flabbergasted” to learn the state did not consider him a citizen. He called the county office and asked: “Are you crazy?”

But in the end, Bill Internicola had to show them his papers. For that, the governor and his party should be deeply ashamed.

If you have two people....one who is working hard to improve his or her self and one that steals...and you put them before a lineup and ask the victim which one stole their candy bar......You'll naturally chose the upstanding citizen?

Really?

If you have two people....one who is working hard to improve his or her self and one that steals...and you put them before a lineup and ask the victim which one stole their candy bar......You'll naturally chose the upstanding citizen?

Really?

I think you stumbled into the wrong thread.

Saying that the GOP targets democrats to combat voter fraud is like saying cops target muggers to combat street thefts.

Really?

I think you stumbled into the wrong thread.
No, My analogy is pretty spot on with regard to the premise of this thread.

Who needs to make excuses for purging the dead and fucking cheaters from the registrant rolls?

Out of 180,000 they found 10. Are you saying Republicans dont die?
10?

Ten!

I thought there was no voter fraud? No voter fraud means zero, zilch, zip, nada, none, el zippo....You know, like it never happens...

BTW..who found ONLY ten out of 180k?

Hey, dont go away with those Goal posts already. Are you saying the list is dominated by Dems because only dems die?

Out of 180,000 they found 10. Are you saying Republicans dont die?
10?

Ten!

I thought there was no voter fraud? No voter fraud means zero, zilch, zip, nada, none, el zippo....You know, like it never happens...

Hey, dont go away with those Goal posts already. Are you saying the list is dominated by Dems because only dems die?
What? I'm questioning your claim that only ten out of 180k names were found to be dead people. Hell, I'm questioning that 179,990 names on those that particular list are all in order.

10?

Ten!

What? I'm questioning your claim that only ten out of 180k names were found to be dead people. Hell, I'm questioning that 179,990 names on those that particular list are all in order.

Read the article dude, you would find out that the 10 werent dead people idiot. Why are you even talking about it when you havent read it?

Again, If they are looking for dead people as you suggest. Are Repub immortal? Is that why the list is full of mortal dems?

Read the article dude, you would find out that the 10 werent dead people idiot. Why are you even talking about it when you havent read it?

Again, If they are looking for dead people as you suggest. Are Repub immortal? Is that why the list is full of mortal dems?
Sorry...I don't read articles posted on forums. They are cherry picked to support a specific point of view. It would be like posting a link to an article by Don Rumsfeld posting the validity of his involvement in picking Collin Powell for SecState..

At least post a link to a government study. That may have some credibility.

Sorry...I don't read articles posted on forums. They are cherry picked to support a specific point of view. It would be like posting a link to an article by Don Rumsfeld posting the validity of his involvement in picking Collin Powell for SecState..

Thats not how it works champ. In order to claim my link doesnt have any credibility you have to read it and find that its not credible. :lol:

Thats not how it works champ. In order to claim my link doesnt have any credibility you have to read it and find that its not credible. :lol:
Sorry, you don't get a say in how it works.:cuckoo:

Ahahaha...I understand you don't have a valid argument so you confuse yourself. You don't believe links on forums but you want me to post an article on a forum. Riiiight.

That number was eventually whittled way down to about 2,600 people. In Miami-Dade County, where the largest number of them live, 385 have been verified as citizens. Ten – 10!

2600-385 verified-10 non-citizens = 2205 not talked about.
WHo are the 2205?

Your 'link' is a partisan opinion piece. Hope that helps.

Forum List

Back