Poll: Sharp increase in partisan divides between Americans

Mr.Nick

VIP Member
May 10, 2011
Poll: Sharp increase in partisan divides among Americans - chicagotribune.com

I agree with this to some extent, however the problem I have with this story is that in reality progressives (liberals) are more right-wing than republicans (conservatives).

IMO, progressives have almost (and are) progressed to fascism....

The left is not moving left - the left has moved right dramatically.

I think the majority of republicans and conservatives are left (with exception of the RINO's)...

I agree with this to some extent, however the problem I have with this story is that in reality progressives (liberals) are more right-wing than republicans (conservatives).

I think the majority of republicans and conservatives are left (with exception of the RINO's)...

The article disagrees with you.

About three-quarters of Democrats, for example, say that the government has a “responsibility to take care of people who can’t take care of themselves.” Among Republicans 54% reject that idea, and only 40% agree. That question illustrates the strong conservative shift within the Republican party. In the final years of the Reagan administration, 62% of Republicans agreed on the need for a safety net.
The Right has moved much more to the right since Reagan.

I don't see republicans attempting to ban shit like Happy Meal toys and control your diet. I don't see republicans attempting to regulate speech... I don't see republicans nationalizing industries/corporations.

I see the left sticking its nose in everyones business.... Michelle Obama is a Nazi so is her husband.

Authoritarians are on the right... You progressives are authoritarians...

About three-quarters of Democrats, for example, say that the government has a “responsibility to take care of people who can’t take care of themselves.” Among Republicans 54% reject that idea, and only 40% agree. That question illustrates the strong conservative shift within the Republican party. In the final years of the Reagan administration, 62% of Republicans agreed on the need for a safety net.

No I disagreed with the article - I clearly pointed that out....

Not surprising that the article Ick linked to contradicts his stupidity

You are claiming the Left has moved to the right, even though the article clearly shows the Right moving to the right.

Progressives are authoritarian - HENCE they're on the right....

You fucks banning anything makes you fascists right off the bat.

Learn the fucking definition of the word "authoritarian" - that is what you are.

I don't see republicans attempting to ban shit like Happy Meal toys and control your diet. I don't see republicans attempting to regulate speech... I don't see republicans nationalizing industries/corporations.

I see the left sticking its nose in everyones business.... Michelle Obama is a Nazi so is her husband.

I think those pills are many colors.:lol:

Man......you are dumb.

Learn the fucking definition of the word "authoritarian" - that is what you are.
Um....did you read your OP? Cause it sure sounds like your on the progressives side in your OP but now you sound like your on the GOP side.

You may want to reread your OP.

Are you honestly suggesting that all those people on the Right who are trying to ban things are actually people from the Left who have moved right?

wow ... I mean ... wow ...

You are claiming the Left has moved to the right, even though the article clearly shows the Right moving to the right.

The article is a fucking article from a "leftist" leaning paper.

I disagree with the fucking article - that is why I posted it.

I believe there is a great divide but at the same time the left is NOT FUCKING LEFT THE ALLEGED LEFT IS ACTUALLY RIGHT...

Are you progressives total fucking idiots??? I have only implied my position several times about this article yet you fucking half brained monsters still don't get my position.

Are you honestly suggesting that all those people on the Right who are trying to ban things are actually people from the Left who have moved right?

wow ... I mean ... wow ...

What are the alleged people on the "right" trying to ban.....

Well, ol' Nicky boy is a fan of black is white, left is right, and war is peace.:cuckoo:

When you ban soda and happy meals you're a fucking authoritarian. When you ban plastic bags you're an authoritarian, when you force people into a nationalized health care plan or face a fine or force people to join a union just so they can have a job you're an authoritarian.

Authoritarians are ON THE FUCKING RIGHT DUMB MOTHERFUCKER...

But keep him at trying to explain his position. Humor is something we can all use a little of.

Your ignorance is humor....

You bitch progressive motherfuckers ban (and support the government doing such) all sorts of shit then you have the fucking audacity to claim you're "liberal?"

Do you even know what that word means????

You can't be liberal and support massive government intervention...

I'm liberal you're not...

Forum List

Back