The GOP may create a health crisis in Hospitals when they repeal the ACA

Hospitals: GOP may create 'an unprecedented public health crisis'

But the GOP is the GOP is the GOP. Their constituents are wealthy enough that they don't really care.

You know what IS causing a hospital crisis in Tenn right NOW ???????? ObamaCare. BlueCross which had 80% of the pool -- just skidaddled. Out of it. The 2 companies left are taking advantage of the survivors. Picking them off like ants. So 3 out of 6 major hospitals in Nashville are NOT on the preferred provider list for the 2 companies. I called the one hospital I LIKE that is not on either provider list.. Asked the director of patient insurance how they were gonna get paid next year.

It was a "Hell if I know" type of answer.. That's IMMINENT disaster. Folks may start dying in the streets type of disaster. Hospitals may be laying folks off or closing..

TN did not expand Medicaid. That is part of the problem. Fought it and messed up. Listening to the Republicans during their debates and then Trump, I'd probably leave the state as well. That is why the ACA is not working as plan , the states that refused to expand Medicaid and BCBS is in every state. The Pubs have no plan, and they hate that Pres. Obama got one and passed it.

I agree that the ENTIRE "uninsured" problem could have been addressed that way. But THAT has nothing to do with the IMMEDIATE crisis in Tenn. The 2 companies left in the pool have jacked rates (for me) by 70% and gone to "skinny network" plans that leave about 1/2 of health care providers in Tenn OUTSIDE the networks. Those 2 companies will NOT EVEN NEGOTIATE with providers not already in their networks.

It's a total cluster fuck NOW.. You want a crisis.. You've got it...

Who do you claim wanted a crisis?

Take a peek at Covered CA Linked Below

Covered California: Plans from the California Health Exchange
gclid=cjwkeaiag5_cbrdo4o6e4o3ntg0sjab-iatymqp3qtkn9wx53jq-gqvfynwqaov2glj3v2j90rububocrkrw_wcb

Thank you Gov. Brown

good , lets get back to normal and all buy buy our own insurance JimH !!
it's $12000 a year per person for an individual health care insurance policy for a healthy person in their 50's with a $6000 out of pocket, $2000 deductible....that's what individual rate policies cost here..... if we all had to buy our own, then there would be no ''group rate'' policies through your work, which would make insurance cost prohibitive, for most of us....

$6,000 deductable is not health care.

Again the OP is full of shit even from the huff post

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5352987

But the GOP is the GOP is the GOP. Their constituents are wealthy enough that they don't really care.

You know what IS causing a hospital crisis in Tenn right NOW ???????? ObamaCare. BlueCross which had 80% of the pool -- just skidaddled. Out of it. The 2 companies left are taking advantage of the survivors. Picking them off like ants. So 3 out of 6 major hospitals in Nashville are NOT on the preferred provider list for the 2 companies. I called the one hospital I LIKE that is not on either provider list.. Asked the director of patient insurance how they were gonna get paid next year.

It was a "Hell if I know" type of answer.. That's IMMINENT disaster. Folks may start dying in the streets type of disaster. Hospitals may be laying folks off or closing..

TN did not expand Medicaid. That is part of the problem. Fought it and messed up. Listening to the Republicans during their debates and then Trump, I'd probably leave the state as well. That is why the ACA is not working as plan , the states that refused to expand Medicaid and BCBS is in every state. The Pubs have no plan, and they hate that Pres. Obama got one and passed it.

I agree that the ENTIRE "uninsured" problem could have been addressed that way. But THAT has nothing to do with the IMMEDIATE crisis in Tenn. The 2 companies left in the pool have jacked rates (for me) by 70% and gone to "skinny network" plans that leave about 1/2 of health care providers in Tenn OUTSIDE the networks. Those 2 companies will NOT EVEN NEGOTIATE with providers not already in their networks.

gclid=cjwkeaiag5_cbrdo4o6e4o3ntg0sjab-iatymqp3qtkn9wx53jq-gqvfynwqaov2glj3v2j90rububocrkrw_wcb

Thank you Gov. Brown

it's $12000 a year per person for an individual health care insurance policy for a healthy person in their 50's with a $6000 out of pocket, $2000 deductible....that's what individual rate policies cost here..... if we all had to buy our own, then there would be no ''group rate'' policies through your work, which would make insurance cost prohibitive, for most of us....

Most likely a Texas survey of why they did not expand Medicaid:

The survey officially closed on April 14 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. A total of 1,845 surveys were completed, providing a response rate of approximately 8% and a margin of error of 2.3%. The margin of error, or standard error, is a statistical term used to measure the random fluctuations inherent in samples; the smaller the standard of error, the more accurate the measurement of the population or universe.

Snip

Current members believe the number one issue facing emergency patients and their ability to access emergency care is a shortage of primary care physicians.

Statistics and Reports

We all know in the states that did not expand Medicaid people still had to go to the er.

Thank you Gov. Brown

The survey officially closed on April 14 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. A total of 1,845 surveys were completed, providing a response rate of approximately 8% and a margin of error of 2.3%. The margin of error, or standard error, is a statistical term used to measure the random fluctuations inherent in samples; the smaller the standard of error, the more accurate the measurement of the population or universe.

Snip

Current members believe the number one issue facing emergency patients and their ability to access emergency care is a shortage of primary care physicians.

Statistics and Reports

We all know in the states that did not expand Medicaid people still had to go to the er.

Excuses excuses the op is full of shit

Study Shows ER Visits Up Under ACA - Obamacare Facts

on May 5, 2015 i

A study shows that ER visits have increased as more people have gotten coverage under the Affordable Care Act. This expected short term outcome isn’t ideal, but speaks to habits of the previously uninsured, the fact that ER visits are covered under the ACA, and an increased doc shortage as demand outpaces supply in the short term.

In the long term the healthcare provider workforce would be expected to grow and as people got used to having insurance more insured Americans would rely on primary doctors, urgent care, and other non-emergency solutions.

Talk about a full of shit story...no one ever stopped using E.R. rooms and illegals were the ones mostly using them

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/26625571/?client=ms-android-boost-us&espv=1

Three-quarters of emergency physicians say they've seen ER patient visits surge since Obamacare took effect — just the opposite of what many Americans expected would happen.

Thank you Gov. Brown

Snip

Statistics and Reports

Excuses excuses the op is full of shit

Study Shows ER Visits Up Under ACA - Obamacare Facts

on May 5, 2015 i

A study shows that ER visits have increased as more people have gotten coverage under the Affordable Care Act. This expected short term outcome isn’t ideal, but speaks to habits of the previously uninsured, the fact that ER visits are covered under the ACA, and an increased doc shortage as demand outpaces supply in the short term.

In the long term the healthcare provider workforce would be expected to grow and as people got used to having insurance more insured Americans would rely on primary doctors, urgent care, and other non-emergency solutions.

Your problem is you do not read the whole article. There is a shortage of Family Drs. and also many do not take Medicaid, well if expanded Medicaid is mandatory, they would.

Your little survey means nothing.

So going back to the way it was six years ago, which was better, would suddenly be an "unprecedented public health crisis?" LOL Okay, whatever you say.

The system in place is going to take a long time to take it down and if the GOP has anything to replace it with, it will take an even longer time to implement. This is going to be a long and laborious process. The Republicans cannot just press a button and the ACA is gone.

What you at going to see, is long lines waiting to enter the er's. thanks to the GOP fighting the ACA every which way they could. They make me sick. Its all about money with them, but if they spend it , its ok.

So going back to the way it was six years ago, which was better, would suddenly be an "unprecedented public health crisis?" LOL Okay, whatever you say.

"Which was better". That's ha ha funny.

it sure as hell was better for me.

Most people who say that are uninformed or are lying.

Most people who say that are uninformed or are lying.

I used to get a PPO plan for around $50-60 a pay period. Back then the family plan was around $120-$140. 80% coverage, $500 deductible, Free checkup. Now that plan is around $250 per pay period. If I want to keep it to $120-$140 its a high deductible plan, $5000, free checkup, then 80% covered. I have to participate in a wellness plan to even qualify for the "better" plans. I get an HSA, but have to match dollar for dollar $1500 to get the $1500 company match. and this is BEFORE the cadillac tax comes into play in 2018.

So take your "uninformed or lying" and cram it up your piehole. Hopefully your coverage includes its removal.

Talk about a full of shit story...no one ever stopped using E.R. rooms and illegals were the ones mostly using them

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/26625571/?client=ms-android-boost-us&espv=1

Three-quarters of emergency physicians say they've seen ER patient visits surge since Obamacare took effect — just the opposite of what many Americans expected would happen.

I ended up at an ER in Austin once.

It was full of homeless people. I asked the nurse WTF politely of course, and she said it was like that every night. They lay on the ground. Someone calls 911, they are forced by law to take the unresponsive person to the ER, who is forced by law to provide care.

Millions are pissed away... and guess who pays for it.

The system in place is going to take a long time to take it down and if the GOP has anything to replace it with, it will take an even longer time to implement. This is going to be a long and laborious process. The Republicans cannot just press a button and the ACA is gone.

What you at going to see, is long lines waiting to enter the er's. thanks to the GOP fighting the ACA every which way they could. They make me sick. Its all about money with them, but if they spend it , its ok.

What you at going to see, is long lines waiting to enter the er's.

Those lines should be examined by ICE.....lots of illegal aliens can be scooped up.
Shorten the lines and deport the illegal aliens, eh?
Spend those medical dollars on Americans. Win-Win-Win.

Those lines should be examined by ICE.....lots of illegal aliens can be scooped up.

No I don't think so, many are illegals but most are uninsured Americans. Anyone that needs healthcare needs to get it.

From what I read, a lot of younger healthy folks are letting their Obamacare policies lapse for non-payment of premium now that Obama is on his way out the door. They figure the Repubs will quickly eliminate the individual mandate requirement of Obamacare and they will not be forced to pay a penalty for not having coverage.

From what I read, a lot of younger healthy folks are letting their Obamacare policies lapse for non-payment of premium now that Obama is on his way out the door. They figure the Repubs will quickly eliminate the individual mandate requirement of Obamacare and they will not be forced to pay a penalty for not having coverage.

Its called self destruction. I wish we could write down the names of all these people who want to live off of others and when they get ill, make them go to the back of the line.

There are people that do not get health insurance, would rather pay the fine or are not caught yet, but they own a home and have assets,

I say that hospitals should start foreclosures on their assets, home, etc and seize their bank accounts, to pay for their stay and care in hospitals.

I feel very strongly about this.

No I don't think so, many are illegals but most are uninsured Americans. Anyone that needs healthcare needs to get it.

No I don't think so,

You don't think we should deport the illegal aliens to save our medical system and spend the money on Americans?

Why the hell not?

Its called self destruction. I wish we could write down the names of all these people who want to live off of others and when they get ill, make them go to the back of the line.

It happens. I have a cousin who was young and healthy. So was her husband. They bought a home and remodeled it. They drove a $43,000 Chevolet Silverado and had a big fance bass boat. They had no health insurance. One day she found out that she had a cyst on one of her ovaries. Her Dad had to step in and help them with the medical bills. Folks who are young and healthy can get sick or get in a car wreck or something. They just fool themselves into believing they are indestructible.

There are people that do not get health insurance, would rather pay the fine or are not caught yet, but they own a home and have assets,

I say that hospitals should start foreclosures on their assets, home, etc and seize their bank accounts, to pay for their stay and care in hospitals.

If they actually have assets. My Dad took his car to a mechanic and the mechanic ruined the engine in his car. Dad went to a lawyer to sue the mechanic. The lawyer said Dad couldn't sue because the mechanic was not even worth $2500.00. He owed for everything he had. Dad had to buy a rebuilt engine and have it installed himself. An awful lot of those folks in the ER own absolutely nothing.

Yep, that ^^^ is the thinking of a callous conservative, "I got mine, fuck the rest of you".

If they actually have assets. My Dad took his car to a mechanic and the mechanic ruined the engine in his car. Dad went to a lawyer to sue the mechanic. The lawyer said Dad couldn't sue because the mechanic was not even worth $2500.00. He owed for everything he had. Dad had to buy a rebuilt engine and have it installed himself. An awful lot of those folks in the ER own absolutely nothing.

That's true, and yet the are treated in ER's at local governments taxpayer's expense. Or, treated at a private hospital, then put in a wheel chair & dropped off at a county/public hospital.

Thank you Gov. Brown

Another self proclaimed expert who offers nothing in rebuttal.

Forum List

Back