The GOP has a stable of potential winners, the Dems have one old mare

I appreciate your sane response .. although I disagree with it. First, it isn't just my estimation of the boxed position that republicans have put themselves in. The ever-shrinking republican base is no secret to anyone who has been paying attention. I'm sure republicans don't want to admit or talk about it, but them not talking about it changes nothing. It is essentially an all-white party in a land of rapidly changing demographics that does not favor the right.

imrs.php

.. and given that approximately 42% of the white vote goes to democrats .. it doesn't take rocket science to see the box that republicans have not only put themselves in .. but continue to dig the hole even deeper.

If you want to talk about the facts .. I'm good with that.

This shows a general trend that's a serious problem for the Republicans. It doesn't show a specific problem in any specific election. (I assign a 55% chance that the Democrats will win this election.) But this does show that the hole is getting worse. If there's not some sort of substantial change in trends it is very hard to see how the Republicans would have any chance at winning 2020 or 2024.

I agree with that brother.

your assumption that all minorities will vote dem is based on ignorance, not reality. The minorities that you so covet are mostly fed up with being lied to by dems and treated like slaves.

But you are free to believe whatever bullshit makes you feel good. The truth is the obama, clinton, reid, and pelosi have destroyed the party of Kennedy and Truman for the next 20 or 30 years.

You libs had your chance and you blew it on the black guy.

Are you asserting that say at least the next four Presidential elections will all no go for the Democrats? I ask because that's 16 years by itself, and already well below 20-30 years?

I think there is a good possibility that no dem will be president in the next 4 elections, yes thats what I am saying.

Who do you have in the wings waiting for HRC to keel over? No one. All you have is old tired white people, and you claim to be the party of diversity, thats bullshit,.

I do agree that the Democrats currently have a very small bench, but that sort of thing can change rapidly. I'm curious, if someone offered to make you a straight $200 bet that at least one of the next four elected Presidents will be a Democrat, would you take it?

Other than Carly, is there one that HASN'T won?
Senate seat, governors chair, etc?
You make my point. The Republican Party has been reduced to a regional party. Ben Carson hasn't won anywhere either .. but where have the others won .. where have almost all republican president wannabe 'winners' come from? Answer: the same regions .. basically the south .. AND, here is the further rub on that. The south is rapidly changing demographics and many southern states .. strongholds of republicanism .. will soon become minority-majority states .. and minorities don't think like republicans, nor will they ever.

and they are STILL potential winners, and most have won at some time in the past.

at least as much as Hillary has ever won, some definitely more.
Yep, they are all potential winners.

Constituent: I wouldn't vote for you if you were the last person in the world.
Candidate X: So you're saying I have a chance?

a majority of americans do not think HRC is trustworthy. She is candidate X in your silly what-if.
bullshit! why is you cons make grandiose false declarative statements when your idea of a majority is not even close to the real thing.?

check the polling on whether people think HRC is trustworthy and honest. What I said is correct.

She will lose to whoever the GOP runs, even the DNC power brokers know that and are desperately trying to find a way to keep her from running. If I was her, I would hire a food taster.

This shows a general trend that's a serious problem for the Republicans. It doesn't show a specific problem in any specific election. (I assign a 55% chance that the Democrats will win this election.) But this does show that the hole is getting worse. If there's not some sort of substantial change in trends it is very hard to see how the Republicans would have any chance at winning 2020 or 2024.

your assumption that all minorities will vote dem is based on ignorance, not reality. The minorities that you so covet are mostly fed up with being lied to by dems and treated like slaves.

But you are free to believe whatever bullshit makes you feel good. The truth is the obama, clinton, reid, and pelosi have destroyed the party of Kennedy and Truman for the next 20 or 30 years.

Are you asserting that say at least the next four Presidential elections will all no go for the Democrats? I ask because that's 16 years by itself, and already well below 20-30 years?

I think there is a good possibility that no dem will be president in the next 4 elections, yes thats what I am saying.

Who do you have in the wings waiting for HRC to keel over? No one. All you have is old tired white people, and you claim to be the party of diversity, thats bullshit,.

I do agree that the Democrats currently have a very small bench, but that sort of thing can change rapidly. I'm curious, if someone offered to make you a straight $200 bet that at least one of the next four elected Presidents will be a Democrat, would you take it?

You keep asking for bets so here is my offer to you. $5000 that a republican wins in 2016. After that we can talk about the next 4 elections because the betting odds on that woul depend on who they pick for VP next year.

I think a Kasich/Rubio ticket would lock it in for 16 years. but thats just my opinion.

You make my point. The Republican Party has been reduced to a regional party. Ben Carson hasn't won anywhere either .. but where have the others won .. where have almost all republican president wannabe 'winners' come from? Answer: the same regions .. basically the south .. AND, here is the further rub on that. The south is rapidly changing demographics and many southern states .. strongholds of republicanism .. will soon become minority-majority states .. and minorities don't think like republicans, nor will they ever.

and they are STILL potential winners, and most have won at some time in the past.

a majority of americans do not think HRC is trustworthy. She is candidate X in your silly what-if.
bullshit! why is you cons make grandiose false declarative statements when your idea of a majority is not even close to the real thing.?

check the polling on whether people think HRC is trustworthy and honest. What I said is correct.

She will lose to whoever the GOP runs, even the DNC power brokers know that and are desperately trying to find a way to keep her from running. If I was her, I would hire a food taster.
:0) How stupid. Are you out of high school yet?

It's the republicans running scared .. which is why you and the Gopers spend so much time whining about Hillary.

You keep asking for bets so here is my offer to you. $5000 that a republican wins in 2016. After that we can talk about the next 4 elections because the betting odds on that woul depend on who they pick for VP next year.

I think a Kasich/Rubio ticket would lock it in for 16 years. but thats just my opinion.
I'll take that bet in a heartbeat.

But I know that you don't really want to bet .. which is why you made it $5000. :0)

It's the republicans running scared .. which is why you and the Gopers spend so much time whining about Hillary.

Wrong, the stupidity is yours. There are so many GOP candidates because they all see it as an easy win over HRC. The DNC and its suck buddies the unions are the ones who are running scared.

The Clintons have as many enemies in the dem power elite as they do in the GOP. They have shit on just about everyone in their drive for power.

But I know that you don't really want to bet .. which is why you made it $5000. :0)

Great, send me a PM and I will send you my address. mail me a check for 5K and if you win I will send it back with one of mine for 5K. :2up:

Ok, I don't want you to miss a car payment, so make it easy on yourself $5.00.

Wrong, the stupidity is yours. There are so many GOP candidates because they all see it as an easy win over HRC. The DNC and its suck buddies the unions are the ones who are running scared.

The Clintons have as many enemies in the dem power elite as they do in the GOP. They have shit on just about everyone in their drive for power.
:0) Either you're still in high school or you are a complete novice to politics. :0)

Neither of your bad choices will get anywhere near the nomination. :0)

:0) Either you're still in high school or you are a complete novice to politics. :0)

again, put your money where your mouth is or STFU.

Great, send me a PM and I will send you my address. mail me a check for 5K and if you win I will send it back with one of mine for 5K. :2up:
You must be joking.

How about you send your money to the admins here and I'll do the same. They will pay whomever wins.

You STFU dummy. :0)

You made that offer earlier. I'm not that interested in that bet for five reasons 1) I'm primarily interested in getting people to make bets when their probabilities are unreasonable to the point where asking them to bet helps reveal whether or not they are actually believing the claim in question. In that context, a 50/50 beton that question isn't terribly interesting, because a claim that the chance of either side winning anywhere between 40-60 is reasonable. 2) People online are generally hard enough to get to pay bets even in a smaller size, actually paying in that range without major safeguards would be difficult. 3) My fiance really doesn't like me to bet large quantities 4) Honestly, I'd have some difficulty covering a bet of that size by itself if any other unexpected financial issues come up. 5) I only assign a 55% chance of the Democrats winning the nomination. . All of that said, if you want to make that bet for a smaller quantity, I'd be happy to discuss that.

I will however point out that if you do want to really put down a lot of money on this, the obvious thing to do is to put down some of the money as no to Hillary winning the Presidency on Predictit. If you are correct, you should be able to actually more than double your money that way.

You must be joking.

How about you send your money to the admins here and I'll do the same. They will pay whomever wins.

Not a chance, do you trust the mods? Besides I need your money to buy lottery tickets and beer :beer:

I'm betting I've made a lot more money than you have. .. as in, a LOT more. :0)

You must be joking.

Not a chance, do you trust the mods? Besides I need your money to buy lottery tickets and beer :beer:
I trust the mods a lot more than I trust you .. needing money for lottery tickets and beer. :0)

I'm betting I've made a lot more money than you have. .. as in, a LOT more. :0)

we can compare portfolios if you want, but I assure you that mine exceeds yours by a very significant amount. in 2008 when everyone was selling, I bought, and it has paid off big time.

You must be joking.

If you do need someone to trust to hold the money, although I'm not willing to make such a bet myself, I can hold it for you. If you want I can PM both of you my real life identity, the identity of which should I think make myself fairly trustworthy and make clear that if I didn't do what I'm supposed to that it would go very badly for me if either of you made a stink.

You STFU dummy. :0)

Aww, did I hurt your feelings, Bro? Tough shit, grow up and deal with the real world.

You must be joking.

If you do need someone to trust to hold the money, although I'm not willing to make such a bet myself, I can hold it for you. If you want I can PM both of you my real life identity, the identity of which should I think make myself fairly trustworthy and make clear that if I didn't do what I'm supposed to that it would go very badly for me if either of you made a stink.

yeah, right, send money to an unknown person on the internet. BTW, my contact in Nigeria just told that Sir Henry Houghton left you 60 million dollars and all he needs is your bank account info to transfer it to you. :dance::dance:

Forum List

Back