The GOP announces the four finalists for the 2016 National Convention

Where are they landing the immigrant children? That's where the most whores are.

Ohio is a battleground state, thats for sure. But Cleveland is just too Democrat. Colorado is another battle ground state but Denver has lots of looney liberals.I think KC gets the nod. Heartland of America and Mizzou is a state GOP will need to carry in 2016.Where are the Dems meeting? San Fran? Hollywood? Greenwich Village? I know...how about Detroit, the epic failure of liberalism.

Here's the list of potential DNC cities:

Atlanta
Chicago
Cleveland
Columbus
Detroit
Indianapolis
Las Vegas
Miami
Nashville

No idea why they'd have it in Nashville...that seems like a waste. I'd really recommend Columbus or Cleveland. If not there then maybe Miami.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that BOTH major parties pick Ohio for their respective conventions, with the GOP holding it's convention in Cleveland and the Democrats holding theirs in Columbus.

Now, some Righties pooh-pooh the idea of Cleveland because Cuyahoga County is indeed a massive Democratic stronghold. In 1984, Mondale carried Cuhahoga County (and five other counties) by a landslide. You have to go to 1972 to find a year where a Republican won Cuyahoga County: Nixon won here +1.79%. You then have to go back to 1952 and 1956 to again find a Republican who won Cuyahoga County: Eisenhower - both times.

But the margins are important. In a tight race in Ohio, the slimmer the Democratic margin in this county, the better a GOP candidate's chance of winning the state, so if a convention in Cuyahoga County would help to shave off some of the D - margin in Cleveland, perhaps it would be worth it.

Obama won Cuyahoga County by +40 in 2012 and by +38.7 in 2008 (he improved upon his statistic here in 2012). John Kerry won Cuyahoga County by +33.8% in 2004. Had John Kerry won that county by +40 in 2004, he would have likely carried the state. So, part of Bush's plan in 2004 was to get massive GOP margins in RED counties and hold down Democratic margins in BLUE counties, and his plan worked.

From a strategic viewpoint, picking Cleveland for a Convention could pay the GOP dividends.

So, I laid out my argument for Cleveland for the RNC two months ago, and sure enough, the RNC has picked Cleveland.

:thup:

Game on!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back