Pick The People's Candidate For 2016

Who wouldn't you nominate for your party in 2016 and why?

• A woman of any age or description: in troubled times men are better leaders

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A minority: Sorry, we just went through 8 years of unqualified skin color. Not again.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A religious zealot: Religious extremism would just further divide the country.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • A gay-promoting candidate: Religious extremism would just further divide the country

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A Dick Cheney suck-up: His politics and yes-men have nearly destroyed our country

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • An old person: World too crazy to risk a senile leader

• A young person: World too crazy to risk a novice leader

• Other [none of the above reasons would cause me not to vote]

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
This is a thread to discuss who you would pick to run as your party's candidate if you were head of the DNC or RNC.

Who would it be and why? Also included is a poll of who you wouldn't vote for and why. I'm going to be very non-PC in my questions because I believe that reailty will help our major parties choose a good candidate. Sorry if reality offends some people. I'm offended by rattlesnakes. But when I encounter them, I don't pretend they are fluffy bunny rabbits.

not a great answer for you---

I keep wondering.

The people I would prefer won't run.

in my feeble minded state--sounds like I would have to choose Chris Christie.

I honestly have no idea.

Last edited:
Nice poll.

I woulda put a "whoever doesn't blame George W. Bush for the past two terms of mishaps and missteps of the Obama Administration" on it, though, myself.

Why? The Cheney Adiministration [since the 1970s behind the scenes] is who was presiding when our nation's economy was nearly destroyed. I'd say they're fair game..

Nice poll.

I woulda put a "whoever doesn't blame George W. Bush for the past two terms of mishaps and missteps of the Obama Administration" on it, though, myself.

Why? The Cheney Adiministration [since the 1970s behind the scenes] is who was presiding when our nation's economy was nearly destroyed. I'd say they're fair game..

C'mon, man:

Think about the question your poll poses for just a sec, and then think about my post.

Why?

Because blaming Bush is what Far Left Democrats who don't have clues themselves how to fix things yet oddly enough won't cross the aisle to meet their GOP counterparts do, that's why.

C'mon, man:

Think about the question your poll poses for just a sec, and then think about my post.

Why?

Because blaming Bush is what Far Left Democrats who don't have clues themselves how to fix things yet oddly enough won't cross the aisle to meet their GOP counterparts do, that's why.

Yeah, but the GOP blames the mess Cheney made on his janitor, Obama. You don't blame the janitor for your party wrecking the frat house beyond repair..

Poll Options
Who wouldn't you nominate for your party in 2016 and why?
A minority: Sorry, we just went through 8 years of unqualified skin color. Not again.
A religious zealot: Religious extremism would just further divide the country.
A gay-promoting candidate: Religious extremism would just further divide the country
A Dick Cheney suck-up: His politics and yes-men have nearly destroyed our country
Those. Not for YOUR reasons though.

Your post is pretty vague. Care to expound?

Perfect poll from a nutter for nutters. Picking who should not be President is much easier than picking who should. Your GOP and your Libertarian party have proven that in spades.

Watch your clown car go! Zoom. Zoom.

This is a thread to discuss who you would pick to run as your party's candidate if you were head of the DNC or RNC.

Who would it be and why? Also included is a poll of who you wouldn't vote for and why. I'm going to be very non-PC in my questions because I believe that reailty will help our major parties choose a good candidate. Sorry if reality offends some people. I'm offended by rattlesnakes. But when I encounter them, I don't pretend they are fluffy bunny rabbits.

So your poll says 'who wouldn't you nominate' while your OP says who would you.

You know those are opposites, right?

I would have chosen "religious zealot" given the limited choices but that would be one negative out of many not mentioned.

Suffice to say I would not nominate anyone with a mentality of the same old thing. Which is why I'd need a whole new party to nominate through.

Other...

If I was the DNC, I would not nominate anyone who lied about who they were named after, or anyone who lied at about being shot at in Bosnia...but I would especially not nominate someone who lied about Benghazi being caused by a video, then said it didn't matter.

Other...

If I was the DNC, I would not nominate anyone who lied about who they were named after

:dunno: no clue...

, or anyone who lied at about being shot at in Bosnia...but I would especially not nominate someone who lied about Benghazi being caused by a video, then said it didn't matter.

It doesn't; the victims are the same degree of dead. But if I read correctly you just alluded to Hillary Clinton twice. In English a double negative equals a positive.

Just sayin'.

Other...

If I was the DNC, I would not nominate anyone who lied about who they were named after

, or anyone who lied at about being shot at in Bosnia...but I would especially not nominate someone who lied about Benghazi being caused by a video, then said it didn't matter.

It doesn't; the victims are the same degree of dead. But if I read correctly you just alluded to Hillary Clinton twice. In English a double negative equals a positive.

Just sayin'.

snopes.com: Hillary Clinton and Sir Edmund Hillary

Three times...still a negative.

Other...

Just sayin'.

snopes.com: Hillary Clinton and Sir Edmund Hillary

Three times...still a negative.

Well played. :thup:

Never heard that story before - or if I did, call me crazy, it doesn't seem like the kind of info I'd need to select for or against a candidate. Besides which your link says HC says that's what her mother told her -- none of us were there and sentient enough to know how we were named other than what we're told. The same goes for the birthers telling us O'bama "lies" about where he was born. Who among us remembers being born? I don't.

Anyway - agreed, you're back to a negative. :thup:

well i dont know if raul castro is available but i think American Progressives would prefer him over HIllary

I think the Hillary band wagon will flop. Democrats never like front-runners. See Howard Dean, Paul Tsongas, Ed Muskie. The only time in recent history the Democrats nominated the early front-runner was 1984 with Walter Mondale. We all know how that turned out. I think Elizabeth Warren would give Hillary a tough go and I think moon child Jerry Brown is still itching to be President.One things for sure in the Democratic Party, the nominee will not be a white male.

Forum List

Back