******* The Goodness of GOD *******

Islam is much more than a religion. You are held to their religious standards and beliefs under their legal system, there is not separation of church and state. They do not respect women's rights, and until they do and they separate the political and legal implications of it, I will not see it as merely a religion.
Christianity, er, Christendom fused the Church and State for nearly 1500 years. Nowhere is this principle more evident than in the Vatican. Dare I mention the Divine Right of Kings?

Do you condemn the bishop-lords of yore as you now condemn the mullahs of today?

map2.jpg

This is no accident.

Last edited:
Islam is much more than a religion. You are held to their religious standards and beliefs under their legal system, there is not separation of church and state. They do not respect women's rights, and until they do and they separate the political and legal implications of it, I will not see it as merely a religion.
Christianity, er, Christendom fused the Church and State for nearly 1500 years. Nowhere is this principle more evident than in the Vatican. Dare I mention the Divine Right of Kings?

Do you condemn the bishop-lords of yore as you now condemn the mullahs of today?

map2.jpg

This is no accident.

I do condemn the type of Christianity that was touted as Christianity at the time. That said, I am not living at that time so there is nothing I can do about it. And when you think about it, despite the true Christians who suffered the persecution at the time, we do owe it to the tyrannical Church for America. After all, America was born by TRUE Christians fleeing persecution by those so called "Christians."

The ironic part is that the very reason for the founding fathers to flee to America as summed up in the phrase "separation of church and state" is now being used to silence Christians.

On the contrary, there IS something we can do about Islam. The question is will we?

Last edited:
Its funny how a thread with this title would attract the God/religious-hating atheists.

He didn't torture and kill His only son, men did.

But being all knowing, He would have known what was going to happen and intervened by crushing every human being on the planet and starting over with human V2.0.

Gee, who do you sound like...

38Two robbers were crucified with him, one on his right and one on his left. 39Those who passed by hurled insults at him, shaking their heads 40and saying, "You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days, save yourself! Come down from the cross, if you are the Son of God!"
41In the same way the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the elders mocked him. 42"He saved others," they said, "but he can't save himself! He's the King of Israel! Let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him. 43He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, 'I am the Son of God.' " 44In the same way the robbers who were crucified with him also heaped insults on him.

The more you understand about physics, it wasn't the nails that held Christ to the cross, but rather His love for us.

Who's to say who is right or wrong? Everyone seems to be able to find scripture to suit their purpose whether it's in the Koran or the Bible or the Book of Mormon.

The problem is when people don't take scripture with scripture they tend to bend things every which and way to say what they want it to say instead of what it really means.

map2.jpg

This is no accident.

I do condemn the type of Christianity that was touted as Christianity at the time. That said, I am not living at that time so there is nothing I can do about it. And when you think about it, despite the true Christians who suffered the persecution at the time, we do owe it to the tyrannical Church for America. After all, America was born by TRUE Christians fleeing persecution by those so called "Christians."

The ironic part is that the very reason for the founding fathers to flee to America as summed up in the phrase "separation of church and state" is now being used to silence Christians.

On the contrary, there IS something we can do about Islam. The question is will we?
The west is currently following a policy of appeasement towards Islam, when Europe falls to both Fascism and Islamic Theocracy it will hopefully wake people's minds up. :eusa_shhh:

A thread dedicated to the Creator of the Universe and the Saviour of all mankind, Jesus Christ!:eusa_angel:

the goodness of god can be overestimated and it usually is.

Ig you are talking about the goodness of God as revealed in the Bible, you may need to read it again. His goodness is a bit beyond our imaginations, but it is often delivered through a troubling event.

If you are talking about personal experiences of the goodness of God, I am sure we might go overboard in expressing it, but His goodness is much more than we actually see, even our personal experiences.

So, in neither case do we overestimate it because all we do is testify of it. When we talk about his goodness, we cannot come close to how Good He really is. We cannot actually overestimate it.

He is a father so loving, he tortured and killed his only son.

Actually, He did not torture His Son. He sent His son for a purpose which His Son understood, and for which He said yes.

His toprture was by man, and as He said, "They knew not what they were doing." It was in that horrible event that God's Son provided the most loving gift ever given to mankind.

Who's to say who is right or wrong? Everyone seems to be able to find scripture to suit their purpose whether it's in the Koran or the Bible or the Book of Mormon.

The problem is when people don't take scripture with scripture they tend to bend things every which and way to say what they want it to say instead of what it really means.

Doesn't that happen anyway? Scripture has changed over the years. Which version is real?

map2.jpg

This is no accident.

The west is currently following a policy of appeasement towards Islam, when Europe falls to both Fascism and Islamic Theocracy it will hopefully wake people's minds up. :eusa_shhh:

Sadly, it will be too late then.

Hold it--Are you talking about God, Or Jesus Christ.

I can accept there was a man named Jesus Christ(actual last name, unknown), son or Mary, born around 4 B.C. and starred in a cult that turned into Christianity, but I do not accept the concept that Christ(or any other man) is/was a god.

Just remember---Earth existed before Christ--Therefore Christ did not create the Earth.

Of course, some "believers" just refuse to understand the previous statement! Please do not be one of them--Or wait, you are Light--forget what I said!

I hesitate to write this here, because I am not a christian and did not know if it would be welcome, but The Light assures me I should, so here goes.....

There have been a few bad times in my life, as I'd imagine is true of anyone. Very vividly I can recall having reached the end of my tether. I was pregnant, very sick, caring for a special needs child, broke, alone and just majorly overwhelmed. I wasn't suicidal but I was wishing I'd just disappear.

I had to run errands, and one was to the bank. The teller let me keep the pen...and believe it or not, that small act of generosity got me through the day. I've always believed that God guided her, and me, to allow me just enough strength to hang on when I was unable to do so.

It's not a story about having visions or hearing voices, I know....but it was a small miracle to me.

I hesitate to write this here, because I am not a christian and did not know if it would be welcome, but The Light assures me I should, so here goes.....

There have been a few bad times in my life, as I'd imagine is true of anyone. Very vividly I can recall having reached the end of my tether. I was pregnant, very sick, caring for a special needs child, broke, alone and just majorly overwhelmed. I wasn't suicidal but I was wishing I'd just disappear.

I had to run errands, and one was to the bank. The teller let me keep the pen...and believe it or not, that small act of generosity got me through the day. I've always believed that God guided her, and me, to allow me just enough strength to hang on when I was unable to do so.

It's not a story about having visions or hearing voices, I know....but it was a small miracle to me.

I am sorry to hear that. It is amazing how many of us get so caught up in ourselves (speaking of myself) that we forget how much the things we do, mean to others around us.

No doubt that was a miracle for sure.

Someone sent me this which I think goes well with the experience you just shared.

His name is Tim. He has wild hair, wears a T-shirt with holes in it, jeans, and no shoes. This was literally his wardrobe for his entire four years of college.

He is brilliant. Kind of profound and very, very bright. He became a Christian while attending college.

Across the street from the campus is a well-dressed, very conservative church. They want to develop a ministry to the students but are not sure how to go about it.

One day Tim decides to go there. He walks in with no shoes, jeans, his T-shirt, and wild hair. The service has already started and so Tim starts down the aisle looking for a seat.

The church is completely packed and he can't find a seat. By now, people are really looking a bit uncomfortable, but no one says anything.

Tim gets closer and closer and closer to the pulpit, and when he realizes there are no seats, he just squats down right on the carpet.

By now the people are really uptight, and the tension in the air is thick.

About this time, the minister realizes that from way at the back of the church, a deacon is slowly making his way toward Tim.

Now the deacon is in his eighties, has silver-gray hair, and a three-piece suit. A godly man, very elegant, very dignified, very courtly. He walks with a cane and, as he starts walking toward this boy, everyone is saying to themselves that you can't blame him for what he's going to do.

How can you expect a man of his age and of his background to understand some college kid on the floor?

It takes a long time for the man to reach the boy. The church is utterly silent except for the clicking of the man's cane.

All eyes are focused on him. You can't even hear anyone breathing. The minister can't even preach the sermon until the deacon does what he has to do.

And now they see this elderly man drop his cane on the floor. With great difficulty, he lowers himself and sits down next to Tim and worships with him so he won't be alone.

Everyone chokes up with emotion ...

When the minister gains control, he says, 'What I'm about to preach, you will never remember. What you have just seen, you will never forget.'

'Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some people will ever read!'

Last edited:
Yes, but you said 'followed by many', and a handful of people posting in a thread on a message board seems a little bit of a narrow scope for making a comment like that about the 'many' who are christians.

And I think the point of the thread is that Christians are told all the time that they should be tolerant, caring, and accepting of other's feelings and lifestyles, yet that same expectation is apparently not visited equally to other religious groups. In this case, it's specifically muslims that are not expected to be caring, tolerant, or accepting of other's feelings towards what their fellow mulsims did to 3,000 innocent people. Why do you think the expectations are different? And be honest, if it was a bunch of christian whackos that killed all of those people and the same group wanted to build a church within spitting distance of the site of where it happened, who's side do you think those defending the mosque would be on then? I would bet a million bucks without the blink of an eye that they'd be protesting the church and the insensitivity of the christians wanting to place it there.

You know......Christians regularly denounce some of the fringe idiots of their faith.

Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church is a good example.

I want to know why the Muslims in American haven't denounced their fringe whackos?

They have, a simple search will provide quite a few examples.

The problem is not that moderate Muslims (and there are millions and millions of them) don't denounce their fringe element - it is that the media rarely cover it. And when they do, they tend to dismiss moderate views as somehow unimportant.

Personally, I have no problem with Muslims. I do have a problem with the mosque. Apparently, that makes me a bigot.

You know......Christians regularly denounce some of the fringe idiots of their faith.

Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church is a good example.

I want to know why the Muslims in American haven't denounced their fringe whackos?

They have, a simple search will provide quite a few examples.

The problem is not that moderate Muslims (and there are millions and millions of them) don't denounce their fringe element - it is that the media rarely cover it. And when they do, they tend to dismiss moderate views as somehow unimportant.

Personally, I have no problem with Muslims. I do have a problem with the mosque. Apparently, that makes me a bigot.

it means that you have a problem with muslims. :lol:

btw, no such thing as a moderate muslim, they'd all LOVE to live under sharia law (hand chopping, stoning women, selling little girls into marriage...).

Forum List

Back