The Golden State

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Showing tarnish around the edges

My wife and I [and our little Chihuahua] took a quick trip to Tijuana. I couldn't help but seeing the signs of decay in my home state. Just little things. But, lots of them to show how things aren't going all that well.

I guess the main thing was the growth of weeds and trash on the hillsides next to the freeway. Instead of the lush growth of ice plant, the ground was mostly bare with scraggly wild plants growing here and there. And when we stopped to eat or fuel up, things weren't as clean and bright as before.

And then there was the faux Spanish architecture.

Finally, there were the Left Lane Road Swine [hogs is too nice to call them]. No matter the number of lanes or the speed limit, they're going to drive in the fast lane without EVER looking in their rear view mirror or moving over for faster traffic.

And, I guess the things that struck me most was the thick smog cloaking everything – even in San Diego.

No wonder I saw so many rental trucks filled with personal belongings heading out of state on the way back. I would never live there again either.:mad:

Showing tarnish around the edges

My wife and I [and our little Chihuahua] took a quick trip to Tijuana. I couldn't help but seeing the signs of decay in my home state. Just little things. But, lots of them to show how things aren't going all that well.

I guess the main thing was the growth of weeds and trash on the hillsides next to the freeway. Instead of the lush growth of ice plant, the ground was mostly bare with scraggly wild plants growing here and there. And when we stopped to eat or fuel up, things weren't as clean and bright as before.

And then there was the faux Spanish architecture.

Finally, there were the Left Lane Road Swine [hogs is too nice to call them]. No matter the number of lanes or the speed limit, they're going to drive in the fast lane without EVER looking in their rear view mirror or moving over for faster traffic.

And, I guess the things that struck me most was the thick smog cloaking everything – even in San Diego.

No wonder I saw so many rental trucks filled with personal belongings heading out of state on the way back. I would never live there again either.:mad:

Yep !
We moved out of San Diego in 1986, it was to expensive way back then to live there.

If the voters don't start electing Fiscally Responsible politicians, they will go down just like Vallejo, Stockton, Mammoth Lakes, San Bernardino and Detroit Michigan.

When will libs ever get it through their heads that you can't keep going with unfunded mandates?

Forum List

Back