The Germans Think We're Insane -- And I Have To Agree

I think you should show your gratitude by sending me a genuine Black Forest cuckoo clock.

and also a "shouting deer" painting, a "camoise beard" hat, a lederhosen and a mercedez-benz?

No, just the clock. My Grandma had one and I love them.

But thankies for the kind offer!

Maybe the one that hangs in St.Goarshausen. They Bill it as the worlds largest hand carved outdoor hanging cuckoo clock.

And why should we care what the Germans think?

Primarily because seeing things from a fresh perspective might aid us. And then, of course, it'd be nice if we were not a laughingstock, donca think?

Laughing stock? This country is the most powerful in the world and it only took 234 years. The only thing I see that would make us a laughing stock is the immorality that's infested this great nation.

Germany belongs to a European Union that is collapsing before our eyes. The Germans are expected to bail out other EU members but they make fun of us?

The world has been digging our graves for as long as I can remember and it hasn't happened yet. While we are in dire straights, we have the mechanisms to "right the economic ship", the Krauts don't. They're chained to the Euro.

Don't forget the source! It's a far left opinion peace. A source that has rationalized why the USSR is better than USA!

Maybe the one that hangs in St.Goarshausen. They Bill it as the worlds largest hand carved outdoor hanging cuckoo clock.

but that´s not in the schwarzwald. St. Goar is in the beautiful rhine valley. I grew up close to there.

My Ex lives near there. Little place called Rheinbollen.

I know the animal park there. Bears, Wolfes and other beasts.

@all

the european union isn´t collapsed yet and it won´t. Even not before the dollar finally collapses. The experiment "Euro" worked fine until the financial crisis, now the smaller countries have to learn, that becoming a member of the euro-area hasn´t only benefits but also it´s duties.

In Greek the people get retired in the age of 55. In France the retirement age was just lifted up to 63 (and they went mad about it). Here in Germany we have the retirement age of 65 for years and it´s just lifted up to 67. Equalizing the retirement age is one of many projects that is necessary to bring the european process to a sucess. Taxes, Health care, Education standards will follow. But we will do. Nobody wants the chip states back.

but that´s not in the schwarzwald. St. Goar is in the beautiful rhine valley. I grew up close to there.

My Ex lives near there. Little place called Rheinbollen.

I know the animal park there. Bears, Wolfes and other beasts.

@all

the european union isn´t collapsed yet and it won´t. Even not before the dollar finally collapses. The experiment "Euro" worked fine until the financial crisis, now the smaller countries have to learn, that becoming a member of the euro-area hasn´t only benefits but also it´s duties.

In Greek the people get retired in the age of 55. In France the retirement age was just lifted up to 63 (and they went mad about it). Here in Germany we have the retirement age of 65 for years and it´s just lifted up to 67. Equalizing the retirement age is one of many projects that is necessary to bring the european process to a sucess. Taxes, Health care, Education standards will follow. But we will do. Nobody wants the chip states back.

Ah yes the Shutzpark (If I remember right) I haven't been there in about 25 years....

Forum List

Back