The Germans Think We're Insane -- And I Have To Agree

Germany has a tax rate of 60%
They have little say.
Much of EU is in flames b/c they can't afford all the welfare

If you hate it here so so much, get the fuck out and don't let Lady Liberty kick you in the ass as you leave.

America is and always will be the greatest nation on earth.

Name some countries that have people risking certain death to get into.

Dead Mexicans are picked up on a regualr basis.
Ever meet a boat person from Cuba?
How about people from the shit holes of Africa that flee here.
How many Russians came here to do something then ran, hoping for assylum?

Seriously, get the fuck out and try living over there. I lived in Italy for 2 years, take away the food, wine and good times and get down to the day to day stuff, it sucked.
I guess Mexicans come here because the EU is too far.

In any event, it doesn't answer the question: why can't we do better?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

because we lack leadership in this Country......instead of our supposed "leaders" trying to rally the troops and bring us together.....we get these guys pushing us apart......and its getting worse not better.....and the worse part of this is....we have so-called Americans.... the FAR Right and Left.....who are all for this separation and do everything they can to keep it going.......some of them post right here on these boards......

Wow, which world did you say you lived on?
So that's it? That's all you have to say? I was expecting an intelligent retort, however you greeted me with a condescending one-liner. Gee, thanks. :clap2:

You get what your post deserves. It gets real like that.
Oh well. It just proves that you really have nothing to say and are unable to come up with even one argument against what I said.

Last edited:
Bones, people have been predicting the collapse of the economy and a need for bomb shelters since I was born. I'm inclined to think, no matter how bad things may become, they won't get that bad. I can't give you intricate economic theory, just life experience. The shit you have to face usually isn't the shit you prepared for.

Harry Dresden, I agree. We have so much on the table to address and we fritter away our energy labeling ideas and one another so we don't do the heavy lifting. We cares if an idea started in Europe? If it could work here, then let's drag it out into the sunshine and take a look.

It bothers me to read such things as this:

The plight of the high school homeless

I just can't accept that we cannot solve such problems.

Bones, people have been predicting the collapse of the economy and a need for bomb shelters since I was born. I'm inclined to think, no matter how bad things may become, they won't get that bad. I can't give you intricate economic theory, just life experience. The shit you have to face usually isn't the shit you prepared for.

Never before in the United States history has there been:

A war/occupation that has lasted as long as the ones in Iraq and Afghanistan.
A 13 trillion dollar debt. (U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time)
A population of nearly seven billion people on Earth and 300 million on the homefront
Global economies tied together as tight as they are now
Unprecedented personal debt
High Unemployment that won't stop growing
Outsourced jobs which will never come back
A hollowed out manufacturing economy
Fear-mongering via the government to keep the citizens in line (i.e. invasive airport security, road check points asking for I.D. in the middle of the country, free speech zones, etc...)
Cities literally rotting away into oblivion (i.e. East St. Louis, Detroit, Gary, Newark, Saint Louis)
Wage deflation while food and gas prices inflate
Wage disparity reaching banana republic levels

Something has to give considering no realistic solution has been presented on how to fix the unrelenting social/economic/infrastructural/intellectual/cultural blights which plague this country.

Never before in the United States history has there been:

A war/occupation that has lasted as long as the ones in Iraq and Afghanistan.
A 13 trillion dollar debt. (U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time)
A population of nearly seven billion people on Earth and 300 million on the homefront
Global economies tied together as tight as they are now
Unprecedented personal debt
High Unemployment that won't stop growing
Outsourced jobs which will never come back
A hollowed out manufacturing economy
Fear-mongering via the government to keep the citizens in line (i.e. invasive airport security, road check points asking for I.D. in the middle of the country, free speech zones, etc...)
Cities literally rotting away into oblivion (i.e. East St. Louis, Detroit, Gary, Newark, Saint Louis)
Wage deflation while food and gas prices inflate
Wage disparity reaching banana republic levels

Something has to give considering no realistic solution has been presented on how to fix the unrelenting social/economic/infrastructural/intellectual/cultural blights which plague this country.

Yes, I know and I agree, but the past has presented challenges as well. You may be right and mebbe we all be fleeing urban areas in another year.

But I just don't think so.

That's not to say I dun envy you living in a small town, or that I think we can afford to ignore our problems, because I do/don't.

Germany has a tax rate of 60%
They have little say.
Much of EU is in flames b/c they can't afford all the welfare

If you hate it here so so much, get the fuck out and don't let Lady Liberty kick you in the ass as you leave.

America is and always will be the greatest nation on earth.

Name some countries that have people risking certain death to get into.

Dead Mexicans are picked up on a regualr basis.
Ever meet a boat person from Cuba?
How about people from the shit holes of Africa that flee here.
How many Russians came here to do something then ran, hoping for assylum?

Seriously, get the fuck out and try living over there. I lived in Italy for 2 years, take away the food, wine and good times and get down to the day to day stuff, it sucked.
I guess Mexicans come here because the EU is too far.

nah, that can't be it. they look for the bestest and greatest country and compare spain, germany, italy, the uk, the usa, canada and east timor, then head for the usa. because the usa is the bestest and greatest.

africans storming melilla or drowning and dying of thirst on their way to the canaries or lampedusa are just severely misguided. and were actually trying to get to the usa, too.

Some apparently responsible people think the EU will unwind.

In any event, it doesn't answer the question: why can't we do better?
Simple. Because we fucked so much with the market that when it got so out of control, we didn't fix the original fuck ups, rather we fucked it up even more.

And that made sense to our lawmakers and Democrats.

Go figure.

Some apparently responsible people think the EU will unwind.

In any event, it doesn't answer the question: why can't we do better?

Because only half of us contribute dimwit. The other half are already sitting on their asses. Oh and by the way. Given Germany's history? I wouldn't throw in with them for all the tea in China. If you'll pardon the pun.

Forum List

Back