The Gaza fisherman who built his own reef - and was shot dead there by an Israeli gunboat

For the same reason that the USA, UK and many other nations fire on " fishermen" who are in reality smugglers and gun runners. If they stray into Israeli waters they can be shot at as invaders, and that is reason enough to tell them where they can fish
The 32-year-old fisherman had built up his own artificial rock with planks of wood, tyres, and bits of metal, seemingly well within the area in which he and his colleagues are allowed to operate.
there is no proof they were outside the fishing area, but you seem to not believe the Independents report why is that, Billy Bunter?

Say's a traitor to this country.
If you have evidence relating to the veracity of the video, you may present it here at any time...

Otherwise...

Go back to the kiddie table where you belong, junior... and stop tryin' to dry-hump my pants-leg... you're botherin' the grownups.
How about the Israeli military saying it's real?
If they say it's real, then it's real.
they say it's real. there's a statement and excuse in the op's article

Until they look closer at the evidence and then show that it was Palestinian liars pretending to be Israeli soldiers.

Someday the arab muslims will realise that if they keep on attacking Israel one day they will be living in ruins. Then they might stop attacking Israel.

This guy was fishing or do you class that as an attack on israel?

EVIDENCE that is irrefutable, and not some "Palestinian source"
Fairly sure you don't care about evidence. If the idf came out and verified the story wouldn't you just wait for the "real" truth to come out?

No I would accept the IDF account after they had verified the account. That is how it works

Doesn't seem like you do accept it when the idf takes responsibility

Those Zionist someday need to get a taste of their own medicine, big shots with rifles are what they are. Fishing is a livelihood , and so are the olive trees, but the Zionist don't want the Pals to earn a living, they want to control them and depress them to no end. Vultures.

Maybe they did= smelled bad but ate it anyway.
250 paratroopers get food poisoning after Friday night meal
Soldiers in the 202nd Battalion were to spend the weekend on the Golan Heights • Some noticed that the chicken served for dinner smelled bad • Medics treat affected troops • IDF investigating cause of food poisoning, exercise might be called off.
They should have chosen the Pork, It was great

I'm going to be completely honest about the fishing situation. I really think that Israel should allow Gazans to fish as far as they'd like. Even without reading about it in articles discussing the issue, I already know that bigger fish are normally found in deeper waters.
Hopefully Israel will address this issue sooner than later. I don't see any reason why fishermen should suffer.

it is systematic harassment, a weapon of economic warfare, they want the Gazan's to suffer malnutrition

fish are not the problem, smuggling weapons, especially iranian rockets into gaza are.

I'm going to be completely honest about the fishing situation. I really think that Israel should allow Gazans to fish as far as they'd like. Even without reading about it in articles discussing the issue, I already know that bigger fish are normally found in deeper waters.
Hopefully Israel will address this issue sooner than later. I don't see any reason why fishermen should suffer.
The Oslo Agreement says 20 nautical miles.

The fishermen were within the area patrolled by the IDF
Israel lied about leaving Gaza in 2005.

They are still patrolling and shooting inside Palestine's territorial waters and shooting Palestinian farmers on Palestinian land.

They lied about the ceasefire also.

fish are not the problem, smuggling weapons, especially iranian rockets into gaza are.

Gee is that not Israel's problem. all the Noble prizes they won since 1900's and ruining all the tunnels, got a fence around them and has Sisi on Egypt's side, and Iran is still able to smuggle Weapons in, holy cow, amazing.

Are you saying they are fishing the weapons from the water?

Kim Sengupta
Kim Sengupta is Defence Correspondent at The Independent.

And her report contains the immortal pallywood words According to Palestinian sources
What Pal had $50K to lend?

Had to be US or Israeli money he borrowed.

We are the only ones who give them shit for aid, and they bite the hands that feed.

Time for Israel to slip Hamas a suitcase nuke, sabotaged to blow in Gaza.

A BIG one.

it is systematic harassment, a weapon of economic warfare, they want the Gazan's to suffer malnutrition
Yeah, that is why the US and Israel give them so much food, they want them fat, lazy and unfit for military service like most Americans.

Glad you set that straight for us.

They are still patrolling and shooting inside Palestine's territorial waters and shooting Palestinian farmers on Palestinian land.

A ceasefire doesn't mean that Palestinian can do what they want.
What kind of ceasefire allows one side to shoot at the other side in their own territory?

What kind of ceasefire allows one side to shoot at the other side in their own territory?
What does this have to do with my post ?

What does this have to do with my post ?
OK, why can't the Palestinians do what they want. They are "no longer occupied?":biggrin:

Forum List

Back