The Gaza fisherman who built his own reef - and was shot dead there by an Israeli gunboat

Three Palestinians where shot and injured by Israeli forces in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip, a medical official said Monday.

Ministry of Health spokesman Ashraf al-Qidra said two youths were shot east of Khan Younis and were taken to the European Hospital for treatment of moderate injuries.

A third Palestinian was shot earlier in the Absan area east of Khan Younis, where Israeli forces opened fire and shot tear gas at Palestinians, witnesses said.

Israeli Forces Shoot Injure 3 Palestinians in Southern Gaza - Palestine Chronicle Palestine Chronicle

What is the full story then tinny, why were they shot. What were they doing and why did the IDF decide to fire tear gas, was it a riot as is usual in these places and the IDF used non lethal means of crowd control.
Because it is a pallywood source the facts are sketchy leading people to believe that they are LIES

Even abbas as asked the arab state to attack hamas. As long as they are in power they prevent election, any unity government, or any chance for an agreement that would bring about a state of any kind for the palestinians.
You are such a fuckin' liar!

They "had" a unity government, but Israel attacked last August for the sole reason of breaking it up.

Read the facts again dildo as hamas had already dissolved the marriage

Anyone care to explain how come that they keep trying to fish where they probably get shot, with no reason to fear starvation?

why do you shoot fishermen and who are you to tell them where they can fish.

For the same reason that the USA, UK and many other nations fire on " fishermen" who are in reality smugglers and gun runners. If they stray into Israeli waters they can be shot at as invaders, and that is reason enough to tell them where they can fish

EVIDENCE to show that he was fishing in Israeli waters!
The thing with law and accusations is that the evidence for the alleged crime must be provided by the accusing side, so do you have any? Or perhaps this is another washed up fairy tale of some terrorist killed or something like that? I didn't bother to investigate yet about this case but so far there is no reason to look in to it since we all know Jews need some blood and organs for upcoming Passover.

Anyone care to explain how come that they keep trying to fish where they probably get shot, with no reason to fear starvation?

For the same reason that the USA, UK and many other nations fire on " fishermen" who are in reality smugglers and gun runners. If they stray into Israeli waters they can be shot at as invaders, and that is reason enough to tell them where they can fish

There is nonejust as there is none to say he was not smuggling. And there the story ends because if he was smuggling then team Palestine is defending terrorism. If he wasn't then the IDF are in the wrong and someone should be made to pay for the crime. Now what should be the punishment in your eyes for either sides people if they take or attempt to take a life ?

And if he was fishing legally then team Israel is defending terrorism!

The thing with law and accusations is that the evidence for the alleged crime must be provided by the accusing side, so do you have any? Or perhaps this is another washed up fairy tale of some terrorist killed or something like that? I didn't bother to investigate yet about this case but so far there is no reason to look in to it since we all know Jews need some blood and organs for upcoming Passover.

There's a dead fisherman.... I think thats a good start in providing evidence....

There is nonejust as there is none to say he was not smuggling. And there the story ends because if he was smuggling then team Palestine is defending terrorism. If he wasn't then the IDF are in the wrong and someone should be made to pay for the crime. Now what should be the punishment in your eyes for either sides people if they take or attempt to take a life ?

How so when the evidence of the IDF being terrorists is NIL. It is not the IDF that fire illegal rockets at gazan children. It is not the IDF that smuggle weapons. Did you read my post above where I said if the IDF are found to be at fault then they will be tried for the crimes. The arab muslims give the terrorists large sums of money when they are guilty of crimes against humanity

There's a dead fisherman.... I think thats a good start in providing evidence....

Evidence of what exactly ?

How so when the evidence of the IDF being terrorists is NIL. It is not the IDF that fire illegal rockets at gazan children. It is not the IDF that smuggle weapons. Did you read my post above where I said if the IDF are found to be at fault then they will be tried for the crimes. The arab muslims give the terrorists large sums of money when they are guilty of crimes against humanity
Terrorist is a relative term. If your friends, neighbors, and family have suffered horrible wounds, maimings, and death at the hands of a group, your home destroyed by that same group, you might consider them terrorists

I agree with toastman. This is a shame and I am sorry for this man's family.

Also from the article Hamas is given some of the blame for the situation as well.

The fishing industry was once a great money-earner for the territory. The 1994 Oslo peace accord gave Gaza’s 4,000 fishing families a 20- nautical-mile fishing zone. Ten years later they were still landing 3,000 tons of fish, enough for domestic need and export as well. . . . .

“Those were good days. Relations were good with the Israeli fishermen we used to meet; we would help each other out. But things changed. . . . .

In 2006, Hamas took control of Gaza and attacks on Israel began to rise: a blockade followed in retaliation.

Hmmm, what was that last word? Oh yeah, RETALIATION!!!

All from the same article linked in the OP.

Also from the article Hamas is given some of the blame for the situation as well.

The fishing industry was once a great money-earner for the territory. The 1994 Oslo peace accord gave Gaza’s 4,000 fishing families a 20- nautical-mile fishing zone. Ten years later they were still landing 3,000 tons of fish, enough for domestic need and export as well. . . . .

“Those were good days. Relations were good with the Israeli fishermen we used to meet; we would help each other out. But things changed. . . . .

In 2006, Hamas took control of Gaza and attacks on Israel began to rise: a blockade followed in retaliation.

Actually border restrictions started with Oslo. Border closure regimes started in 2005.

Terrorist is a relative term. If your friends, neighbors, and family have suffered horrible wounds, maimings, and death at the hands of a group, your home destroyed by that same group, you might consider them terrorists

Not if you, your friends, family and neighbours had instigated terrorist actions against that group in the first place. Then they would be retaliating to attacks by you and getting the better of you in the process. Any sane person would back off and think twice about attacking in the future.

Actually border restrictions started with Oslo. Border closure regimes started in 2005.

In 2005 Israel withdrew from gaza completely, and the arab muslims launched a frenzied attack as they did. This escalated into 2006 when hamas took control and Israel imposed border controls and the blockade. The arab muslims only have themselves to blame for what is happening, and they have it in their power to bring a halt to the blockade and restrictions.

In 2005 Israel withdrew from gaza completely, and the arab muslims launched a frenzied attack as they did. This escalated into 2006 when hamas took control and Israel imposed border controls and the blockade. The arab muslims only have themselves to blame for what is happening, and they have it in their power to bring a halt to the blockade and restrictions.
All of Israel's talking points.

Good boy.:clap::clap::clap:

General international consensus seems to think that Gaza is still 'occupied' due to Israeli control over airspace, the sea and the people!

All of Israel's talking points.

Good boy.:clap::clap::clap:

All cold hard facts that are posted on many websites that are impartial and unbiased

General international consensus seems to think that Gaza is still 'occupied' due to Israeli control over airspace, the sea and the people!

And yet the P.A. says that it has not been occupied since August 2005, who should know better than you and your general international consensus

Few t

Few things to be considered before start making such accusations;
1.Who is he?
2. How did he got killed?
Anything that links it to Israel could raise suspicions so you might want your evidence to prove such link if so, later you might want to hear the other side (Israel) and then you are able to conclude.
Not before.

The underwater rock formations provide the best fishing grounds off Gaza, but they are just beyond the limit set by the Israelis for local boats. Tawfiq Abu Riyala dreamt up an ingenious plan to solve this problem; but it may have ended up costing him his life.

The 32-year-old fisherman had built up his own artificial rock with planks of wood, tyres, and bits of metal, seemingly well within the area in which he and his colleagues are allowed to operate. It was while he was adding to this pile that an Israeli gunboat opened fire, wounding him fatally.
The Gaza fisherman who built his own reef - and was shot dead there by an Israeli gunboat - Middle East - World - The Independent

The Palestinians say that it is systematic harassment, a weapon of economic warfare.

Once again you produce unsubstantiated tales of Israeli attacks that are from "Palestinian sources". How do you know he was not engaged in smuggling and when approached by the IDF turned and ran.
what you want it from a trustworthy Israeli source..lol
Military Censorship in Israel

http://www.nytimes.com/times-insider/2014/08/04/on-censors-and-gag-orders-in-israel/?_r=0

Last edited:

Forum List

Back