The friends of Jordan Peterson

Jordan Peterson's opening remarks regarding Marx are a joke. He hasn't a clue what he is talking about. It is common for people to get Marx wrong. Most people haven't studied him and on a message board like this it is to be expected. From a leading "intellect", not so much.

I wouldn't pay to see him speak either. But for free, it's worth a listen just for the laughs.

Bah. Marx's theories have caused nothing but problems. Why do you insist on trying to rehabilitate him? How many mass graves will it take?

Jordan Peterson's opening remarks regarding Marx are a joke. He hasn't a clue what he is talking about. It is common for people to get Marx wrong. Most people haven't studied him and on a message board like this it is to be expected. From a leading "intellect", not so much.

I wouldn't pay to see him speak either. But for free, it's worth a listen just for the laughs.

Bah. Marx's theories have caused nothing but problems. Why do you insist on trying to rehabilitate him? How many mass graves will it take?

Marx's theory of historical development is still playing out. The world can still be explained through a Marxist lens. It is still alive.

Marx's theory of historical development is still playing out. The world can still be explained through a Marxist lens. It is still alive.

Because his adherents are forcing it, not because it's natural.

No, actually, when it was forced is when it failed. Historical development is still occurring naturally.

No, actually, when it was forced is when it failed. Historical development is still occurring naturally.

Uh huh. Kids are totally not being brainwashed into Marxist ideology on college campuses or anything.

Uh huh. Kids are totally not being brainwashed into Marxist ideology on college campuses or anything.

Kids are not being taught Marx in college.

Not only are they being taught economic marxism but they're also being taught a lot of "secret" marxism disguised as sociology classes

Intersectionality - Wikipedia

Critical theory - Wikipedia

Not only are they being taught economic marxism but they're also being taught a lot of "secret" marxism disguised as sociology classes

There is no secret Marxism. All of his works are available to anyone wishing to see them.

You make the same mistake Peterson does, conflate Marx with theorists who drew upon his work for inspiration. Only you are just a schmuck on the internet who doesn't know any better than to repeat what you have been led to believe and he is supposedly a world class intellectual.

There is no secret Marxism. All of his works are available to anyone wishing to see them.

You make the same mistake Peterson does, conflate Marx with theorists who drew upon his work for inspiration. Only you are just a schmuck on the internet who doesn't know any better than to repeat what you have been led to believe and he is supposedly a world class intellectual.

Is it only a coincidence that all of those marx-inspired theories are destructive to western society? Or is it that the intent?

Is it only a coincidence that all of those marx-inspired theories are destructive to western society? Or is it that the intent?
I think you misinterpret the cause of Western decline.

The never ending push from Marxist fanatics to invent new victim/oppressor paradigms is hastening the decline.

The hysteria about Dr. Jordan Peterson is entirely incomprehensible. The man is a reasoned thinker who brings nothing but intelligent observation to the table. That he is vilified is testimony to the inability to listen and hear, see and understand.
He isnt being vilified..Its his supporters who are the agressors.

I wouldn't put it past Newman and her loon associates to engage in a false flag operation.

Marx contributed ideas and arguments to his milieu regarding the place of 'labor' in the social construct. What people did carrying his theories forward turned out to be disastrous, however.
We need fresh approaches and thinking. Objectivity would help as well. Argumentation today seems always to devolve into emotion and feeling rather than rational reflection. Dr. Peterson has a place in that effort. He, and no one else either, is a messiah.

Marx contributed ideas and arguments to his milieu regarding the place of 'labor' in the social construct. What people did carrying his theories forward turned out to be disastrous, however.
We need fresh approaches and thinking. Objectivity would help as well. Argumentation today seems always to devolve into emotion and feeling rather than rational reflection. Dr. Peterson has a place in that effort. He, and no one else either, is a messiah.
No one expects Peterson to be messianic. We merely expect a reasoned argument, not the (impure)trash argument that he presented and can be found anywhere among the populace. Perhaps if you had a better understanding of Marx's contribution of ideas and arguments regarding social structure, you too would be in a better position to see just how awful that Peterson monologue was.

I'm all for new ideas and fresh approaches, if they are sincere. And if in doing so it is not necessary to destroy old ideas, tried and true, that have withstood the tests of time.

The never ending push from Marxist fanatics to invent new victim/oppressor paradigms is hastening the decline.

Geez, it is almost as though he didn't want to answer your question.

I disagree with the premise. I thought I made that clear.

His theories are out of date. We're not an agrarian society adapting to rapid industrialization any more.

Yes.

See how a blanket answer with no explanation is not really an answer?

His theories are out of date. We're not an agrarian society adapting to rapid industrialization any more.
We are still a country with a ruling class. And what is it that gives them their power? Capital.

Do you see why his theories are still relevant? They explain our social relations.

We are still a country with a ruling class. And what is it that gives them their power? Capital.

Do you see why his theories are still relevant? They explain our social relations.

What percentage of your fellow Americans are you prepared to see die in order to fix that?

Forum List

Back