This is the Grooming You should be Worried About: On popular online platforms, predatory groups coerce children into self-harm

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021

I don't know how to stop this. Kids are more technologically saavy than we are. Inversely I would bet these are not just national but international networks. Sick, creeper crap.

On popular online platforms, predatory groups coerce children into self-harm​

Editor’s note: This story describes extremely disturbing events that may be upsetting for some people.

The person in the online chat introduced himself as “Brad.” Using flattery and guile, he persuaded the 14-year-old girl to send a nude photo. It instantly became leverage.

Over the following two weeks in April 2021, he and other online predators threatened to send the image to the girl’s classmates in Oklahoma unless she live-streamed degrading and violent acts, the girl’s mother told The Washington Post.

They coerced her into carving their screen names deep into her thigh, drinking from a toilet bowl and beheading a pet hamster — all as they watched in a video chatroom on the social media platform Discord.

The pressure escalated until she faced one final demand: to kill herself on camera.

Social media/internet will be great they said....It will bring us closer together they said.....What a bunch of horseshit.

I've been able to reconnect with people I haven't seen in 45 years. It's been pretty nice. Last fall 7-8 of us got together and had a dinner to reconnect.

I don't know how to stop this. Kids are more technologically saavy than we are. Inversely I would bet these are not just national but international networks. Sick, creeper crap.

We're not supposed to be talking about grooming here because pedophiles have complained on USMB and might be offended.

Social media/internet will be great they said....It will bring us closer together they said.....What a bunch of horseshit.
Internet is good. I can look up how to make better fries and sauces. Social media is a hellscape of evil and the very occasional cute kitten meme.

No, there is a lot of "grooming" we should be worried about. This is just something else to add to the list.

I graduated in 67, spent 20 years in the Navy, so I lost contact with all of the people I grew up with. I've tried to locate some online, but thanks to the proliferation of trolls, they're hesitant to reply.

That's you. Oddly for many everything is all about them.
That's usually the excuse libs make when they say they don't give a shit about an issue.
As long as it doesn't effect them personally they could give a flying-fuck about our open borders.

Course, I understand wanting to see people I haven't talked to in 45 years.
They used to call those reunions. Family or class reunions.
If you live in a small town and all of your relatives and friends haven't moved then there's no need for this.
But since they came up with cars, planes, and mass-transit......people tend to spread out.

I've been able to reconnect with people I haven't seen in 45 years. It's been pretty nice. Last fall 7-8 of us got together and had a dinner to reconnect.
Meanwhile ... roughly 21.7 million minor predatory encounters, sexual encounters and coercions with minor occurred in 2020 .. and we should expect this to increase over the last 4 years. Glad you could connect with people that didn't give a shit about you for 45 years .. awesome!

That's usually the excuse libs make when they say they don't give a shit about an issue.
As long as it doesn't effect them personally they could give a flying-fuck about our open borders.

Course, I understand wanting to see people I haven't talked to in 45 years.
They used to call those reunions. Family or class reunions.
If you live in a small town and all of your relatives and friends haven't moved then there's no need for this.
But since they came up with cars, planes, and mass-transit......people tend to spread out.

You rant about what I said and then agree with what I said.

Odd that.

why are you trying to deflect people away from the grooming we have been complaining about??

beings we can focus in more than one thing at a time we will do both while you ignore the one that results in children being molested,,

Meanwhile ... roughly 21.7 million minor predatory encounters, sexual encounters and coercions with minor occurred in 2020 .. and we should expect this to increase over the last 4 years. Glad you could connect with people that didn't give a shit about you for 45 years .. awesome!
Yes pknopp .. it's super funny that your peers didn't give a shit about you for nearly 50 years .. haha

why are you trying to deflect people away from the grooming we have been complaining about??

beings we can focus in more than one thing at a time we will do both while you ignore the one that results in children being molested,,
Because I am focused on actual things that happen, not just in the fairy tale MAGA land.

Because I am focused on actual things that happen, not just in the fairy tale MAGA land.
children are being molested as we speak by people that groom them for that sole purpose,,

but sure you can focus on the things you disagree with and we will focus on all of it,,

Answer:

iu

iu

iu

Kids got by just fine without electronic devices and social media for centuries. There's no reason why little kids should have any of these devices today. Parents need to get them out of the house and into the wide open world. Take them on hikes or to the beach or a petting zoo or just for a drive in the countryside. It's up to the parents to control what their kids are watching and how much time they're watching it.

All the kids above are happy and having a great time and there's not a cellphone in sight.

Answer:

iu

iu

iu

Kids got by just fine without electronic devices and social media for centuries. There's no reason why little kids should have any of these devices today. Parents need to get them out of the house and into the wide open world. Take them on hikes or to the beach or a petting zoo or just for a drive in the countryside. It's up to the parents to control what their kids are watching and how much time they're watching it.

All the kids above are happy and having a great time and there's not a cellphone in sight.

This is a brilliant point. I believe there are studies coming out, showing higher mental health for teens not on social media.

*Dad's wearing a shoot me first vest in the first pic though...

Forum List

Back