Zone1 the framers dealing with slavery

I think slavery was an economic issue for both the North and South. Slave labor was used to do things like pick, seed and cultivate cotton which was used by both North and South. The Cotton gin and later advances in machine cultivating made slave labor obsolete.
The very opposite is true. The cotton Gin turned cotton production from a small time, labor intensive crop, into an industry that supplied cotton for the world. With 80% of the worlds cotton coming from the US.

The very opposite is true. The cotton Gin turned cotton production from a small time, labor intensive crop, into an industry that supplied cotton for the world. With 80% of the worlds cotton coming from the US.
I already said the slave seed pickers were re purposed to baling and growing and that is why Cotton became 'king.' And I already said before the gin cotton growing was a small time thing because of the intense labor of de seeding. Also, I meant much later advances leading to machine harvesting that is done today where the machine de seeds at harvest. You didn't bother to read what I wrote.

Last edited:

back in 1787-88. Read the link of James Madison in this article. Most of the framers felt slavery needed to be abolished (why we had slavery in the first place is another story) and tried to set a time frame for its abolition.

The whole North v. South is a huge part of US history and in some respects still exists today.

Slavery was dying a natural death in the South just like it did everywhere else in the world. Slave labor can’t compete with free labor. The planters had ruined their soil by over farming to pay for the upkeep on their slaves, Brazil was pretty much the last western hemisphere country to ban slavery and did so in 1888. No matter how stubborn the Confederacy was, unless it invaded Mexico and Central America for new farm land, I can’t see slavery surviving in the Confederacy past 1900.
slavery still exist in most of the world,,

I already said the slave seed pickers were re purposed to baling and growing and that is why Cotton became 'king.' And I already said before the gin cotton growing was a small time thing because of the intense labor of de seeding. Also, I meant much later advances leading to machine harvesting that is done today where the machine de seeds at harvest. You didn't bother to read what I wrote.
Your argument that would make slave labor obsolete also made most manual labor obsolete.

He mentioned other mechanical farming tools.

If you read the article they have really expanded the term slavery to include arranged marriages and employees who can’t afford to leave their jobs. I’m against slavery, but that’s really stretching the term.
how many do you think that includes,,

fact remains slavery is alive and well,,

anyone can afford to leave their job,, and if its a job its not slavery,,

Slavery has been gone a long time now.
But the Left will never forgive America.
The Left wants to keep the black vote but not deliver anything. So the Left panders to the blacks and suggests they might give the blacks a tremendous amount of money for any who had ancestors who were slaves. Of course the Left will never deliver but they will blame their failure on the racist Right.

Meanwhile Joe Biden has opened the border to the entire world and millions of illegal aliens are arriving who eventually will become voting citizens who will make up for the wiser blacks who leave the Democratic Plantation.

If you read the article they have really expanded the term slavery to include arranged marriages and employees who can’t afford to leave their jobs. I’m against slavery, but that’s really stretching the term.
"Racist" Is a Snob Term Used by Moral Degenerates

The South had slavery; the North had sweatshops. The North had no moral superiority. Practically all Abolitionists opposed the labor movement. The Republicans wanted to replace White workers with freed Blacks, killing competition with both the Southern plutocracy and their own 99%.

Slaves did more than pick cotton

Forum List

Back