The Four Rock n Roll Groups that Stood the Test of Time

They are referred to as The Super Groups:The Four Seasons, Beach Boys, Rolling Stones and the Beatles. With the British invasion of the Stones and Beatles, the Four Seasons and the Beach Boys continued to thrive.
What is the criteria being used to make this determination? On any given day one can hear recordings of bands from the 60's and 70's being played across the country and even across the world. Most people probably never heard of the Four Seasons. The Beatles have songs that have proved themselves over the test of time, but the band broke up kind of early. The Beach Boys continued as a band, but not with all the original members, and I'll bet more people are familiar with The Doors, Led Zep' and many other bands.

They Stood the Test Of Time

Do some research and see the numbers they put up.

My interpretation of standing the test of time would mean a bands music continues to be relevant in that it attracts new listeners and is not just listened to on classic rock radio stations or appreciated for nostalgic reasons. I would say the bands music must be bought and listened to over a spread of generations and their music is copied and covered by modern musicians of repute. The first question I would ask is if the bands music is being reissued by new artist or in it's original form. Even a "best of" or "greatest hits" album would qualify if it made significant sales. When you include individual artist in the mix the whole concept of music and the test of time becomes even more complicated.

My interpretation of standing the test of time would mean a bands music continues to be relevant in that it attracts new listeners and is not just listened to on classic rock radio stations or appreciated for nostalgic reasons. I would say the bands music must be bought and listened to over a spread of generations and their music is copied and covered by modern musicians of repute. The first question I would ask is if the bands music is being reissued by new artist or in it's original form. Even a "best of" or "greatest hits" album would qualify if it made significant sales. When you include individual artist in the mix the whole concept of music and the test of time becomes even more complicated.
These Groups are much more than your simplistic statement.
Do the research!

These Groups are much more than your simplistic statement.
Do the research!
Even with research you have to have criteria. You have to explain what is meant by "test of time". All these polls that judge artist come down to either judgement and opinions or technical data. A reasonable assessment would include a combination of both.
How did you decide The Four Seasons belonged on that list? How did you decide the Beach Boys belonged on it?

If you do the research, you will see what they have accomplished.
What is name of the only group that had the first 5 hits on the BillBoard Top Ten?

They are referred to as The Super Groups:The Four Seasons, Beach Boys, Rolling Stones and the Beatles. With the British invasion of the Stones and Beatles, the Four Seasons and the Beach Boys continued to thrive.
i think Chuck Berry and Hendrix have stood " THE TEST OF TIME".....

Possibly. Both The Beatles and The Beach Boys tried to become relevant rock n roll bands but try becomes the key word. Rolling Stones were far more rock than the Beatles.

The Beatles and The Beach Boys were very marketable tho. In the examples given, maybe throw out all but The Beatles and Stones think up two other real rock bands.
The Beatles had the sense to quit.

The Stones sound like a computer made their music for the last 40 years.

I quit listening to them after the much loved Exiles on Main Street, which I think, sucks.

Band should have died with Brian Jones.
i agree but they were still pretty good with Mick Taylor who was their best Guitarist ......

The Four Seasons are not a rock-n-roll group, they are pop.
It was all Rock n Roll. You were not born yet or too young to understand the times.
yea it was until Hard Rock came along.....then it got interesting.....

music-smiley-026.gif

Possibly. Both The Beatles and The Beach Boys tried to become relevant rock n roll bands but try becomes the key word. Rolling Stones were far more rock than the Beatles.

The Beatles and The Beach Boys were very marketable tho. In the examples given, maybe throw out all but The Beatles and think up three other real rock bands.
The Four Seasons, Bruce Springsteen and Chris Christie are the only things I can name that came out of New Jersey.

Reason enough to mercy-nuke the place.
:lol: That's harsh. Don't forget NJ also brought us Tony Soprano.
Frank Sinatra
When I had to keep detention while teaching Jr. Hi., I played Frank Sinatra to them for the entire detention hour.

Had my Bob Marley going in my headphones.

Guess what, the whole school behaved when they knew it was my week.

I often had nobody on detention.

So, Jersey and Frank served some purpose.

The Beatles and The Beach Boys were very marketable tho. In the examples given, maybe throw out all but The Beatles and think up three other real rock bands.
The Four Seasons, Bruce Springsteen and Chris Christie are the only things I can name that came out of New Jersey.

Reason enough to mercy-nuke the place.
:lol: That's harsh. Don't forget NJ also brought us Tony Soprano.
Frank Sinatra
When I had to keep detention while teaching Jr. Hi., I played Frank Sinatra to them for the entire detention hour.

Had my Bob Marley going in my headphones.

Guess what, the whole school behaved when they knew it was my week.

I often had nobody on detention.

So, Jersey and Frank served some purpose.
Frank was awesome.

Forum List

Back