The Four Rock n Roll Groups that Stood the Test of Time

They are referred to as The Super Groups:The Four Seasons, Beach Boys, Rolling Stones and the Beatles. With the British invasion of the Stones and Beatles, the Four Seasons and the Beach Boys continued to thrive.
i think Chuck Berry and Hendrix have stood " THE TEST OF TIME".....
Agreed, but they are not bands.
Berry ok......but the Jimi Hendrix Experience and Band Of Gypsies were not bands?.....

Ya, those were bands, but they weren't mentioned. Only Jimi Hendrex was mentioned.

They are referred to as The Super Groups:The Four Seasons, Beach Boys, Rolling Stones and the Beatles. With the British invasion of the Stones and Beatles, the Four Seasons and the Beach Boys continued to thrive.

What about Aerosmith? Why wouldn't Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix or others be included? What are you basing this list off of?

Possibly. Both The Beatles and The Beach Boys tried to become relevant rock n roll bands but try becomes the key word. Rolling Stones were far more rock than the Beatles.

The Beatles and The Beach Boys were very marketable tho. In the examples given, maybe throw out all but The Beatles and Stones think up two other real rock bands.
The Beatles had the sense to quit.

The Stones sound like a computer made their music for the last 40 years.

I quit listening to them after the much loved Exiles on Main Street, which I think, sucks.

Band should have died with Brian Jones.
i agree but they were still pretty good with Mick Taylor who was their best Guitarist ......
The Stones actually began as a Blues band.

Possibly. Both The Beatles and The Beach Boys tried to become relevant rock n roll bands but try becomes the key word. Rolling Stones were far more rock than the Beatles.

The Beatles and The Beach Boys were very marketable tho. In the examples given, maybe throw out all but The Beatles and Stones think up two other real rock bands.
The Beatles had the sense to quit.

The Stones sound like a computer made their music for the last 40 years.

I quit listening to them after the much loved Exiles on Main Street, which I think, sucks.

Band should have died with Brian Jones.
i agree but they were still pretty good with Mick Taylor who was their best Guitarist ......
The Stones actually began as a Blues band.
ok?......and?....

Forum List

Back