The Founders Anticipated the Threat of Trump

Clearly that describes Jack Smith who is illegally trying to prevent a free and fair election, by illegally trying to charge the main candidate with fake crimes.
The law is clear, that legally and historically, presidents can do what ever they want with classified docs.
The only catch is FOIA, and since Trump only had copies, that does not at all apply.

The judge should recuse herself and there should be a change of venue. The fix is in for a DC judge and jury. Trump will not get a fair trial.

Same with Biden. Bribery is impeachable.

Article II Section 4

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.
There is no real evidence against Biden, the republicans just made it up to distract from Trump's multiple serious indictments.

The judge should recuse herself and there should be a change of venue. The fix is in for a DC judge and jury. Trump will not get a fair trial.
Shall we have all four trials in Florida? How about Texas? Sorry, but the crimes Donald Trump is charged with were committed primarily in D.C., Mar-a-Lago, NYC and Georgia — and so will be prosecuted there. He will have all the rights provided under the law, and the best lawyers his & his cult followers’ money can buy.

Great OP. But still, I can't help but consider that all this really misses the point. The Democrats still refuse to acknowledge their role in Trump's rise to power. Instead of shoving every victory in their faces, Democrats need to make peace with redneck America. Putting Trump in jail, or otherwise legally blocking him from running again, won't accomplish that.

“Authoritarian”?

Biden is trying to have him thrown in prison.

You people are insane.

The Founding Fathers gave us the Second Amendment to deal with Washington tyrants.
Keep fucking around, one day you’re really going to find out. J6 was a peaceful protest with no guns, and you snowflakes are still wetting your beds over it.
Please show us where “Biden is trying to have him thrown in prison”. What specifically has he himself done?

Great OP. But still, I can't help but consider that all this really misses the point. The Democrats still refuse to acknowledge their role in Trump's rise to power. Instead of shoving every victory in their faces, Democrats need to make peace with redneck America. Putting Trump in jail, or otherwise legally blocking him from running again, won't accomplish that.
The Democrats aren’t responsible for the discontent of the malcontents. Their media has been telling them they’re victims for several decades now.

On the contrary. The Founders foresaw what the Country might become under the leadership of career politicians and they authorized the freedom of common citizens to challenge the status quo of a Country that had become stagnant and corrupt. What they didn't foresee is the possibility of a single political party taking control of most media sources. Factor in a hundred years of substandard federal education and you have generations who couldn't even name a "Founder"

Last edited:
On the contrary. The Founders foresaw what the Country might become under the leadership of career politicians and they authorized the freedom of common citizens to challenge the status quo of a Country that had become stagnant and corrupt. What they didn't foresee is the possibility of a single political party taking control of most media sources.
Well they certainly didn’t foresee what the internet would do to the smooth brained. :cuckoo:

Authoritarian demagogues like Trump are who The Founding Fathers had in mind when they designed our system. Thankfully, it held, even though MAGA and other craven Republicans tried to subvert it. They'll try another time in 2024 if/when they lose again.

The allegations in the indictment of Donald Trump for conspiring to overturn the election of 2020 represent the American Founders’ nightmare. A key concern of James Madison and Alexander Hamilton was that demagogues would incite mobs and factions to defy the rule of law, overturn free and fair elections and undermine American democracy. “The only path to a subversion of the republican system of the Country is, by flattering the prejudices of the people, and exciting their jealousies and apprehensions, to throw affairs into confusion, and bring on civil commotion,” Alexander Hamilton wrote in 1790. “When a man unprincipled in private life, desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper…is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity,” Hamilton warned, “he may ‘ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.’”​
The Founders designed a constitutional system to prevent demagogues from sowing confusion and mob violence in precisely this way. The vast extent of the country, Madison said, would make it hard for local factions to coordinate any kind of mass mobilization. The horizontal separation of powers among the three branches of government would ensure that the House impeached and the Senate convicted corrupt presidents. The vertical division of powers between the states and the federal government would ensure that local officials ensured election integrity.​
And norms about the peaceful transfer of power, strengthened by George Washington’s towering example of voluntarily stepping down from office after two terms, would ensure that no elected president could convert himself, like Caesar, into an unelected dictator. “The idea of introducing a monarchy or aristocracy into this Country,” Hamilton wrote, “is one of those visionary things, that none but madmen could meditate,” as long as the American people resisted “convulsions and disorders in consequence of the acts of popular demagogues.”​
According to the federal indictment issued this week, President Trump attempted to overturn the results of the 2020 election by conspiring to spread such “convulsions and disorders” through a series of knowing lies. The indictment alleges that soon after election day, Trump “pursued unlawful means of discounting legitimate votes and subverting the election results,” perpetuating three separate criminal conspiracies: to impede the collection and counting of the ballots, Congress’s certification of the results on Jan. 6, 2021, and the right to vote itself.​
The indictment alleges that all three conspiracies involved a concerted effort by Trump and his co-conspirators to subvert the election results using “knowingly false claims of election fraud.” In particular, Trump allegedly “organized fraudulent slates of electors in seven targeted states”; tried to use “the power and authority of the Justice Department to conduct sham election crime investigations”; tried to enlist Vice President Mike Pence “to fraudulently alter the election results”; and, as violence broke out on Jan. 6, redoubled his efforts to “convince Members of Congress to further delay the certification.”

Interesting article, thanks. Have you ever had an IQ test to see if you have one? I saw a rock the other day and thought wow, my new friend Toro II is definitely smarter than that ...well, maybe

The Democrats aren’t responsible for the discontent of the malcontents. Their media has been telling them they’re victims for several decades now.
If you say so. But you can't govern a country if half, or even a third, of the voters despise you.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Interesting article, thanks. Have you ever had an IQ test to see if you have one? I saw a rock the other day and thought wow, my new friend Toro II is definitely smarter than that ...well, maybe
Your insulting comment here is at the typical MAGA and Trumpster level. The OP actually was interesting. I particularly appreciated the thoughtful link, and this remarkably relevant excerpt:

“The only path to a subversion of the republican system of the Country is, by flattering the prejudices of the people, and exciting their jealousies and apprehensions, to throw affairs into confusion, and bring on civil commotion,” Alexander Hamilton wrote in 1790. “When a man unprincipled in private life, desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper…is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity,” Hamilton warned, “he may ‘ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.’”

Last edited:
Your insulting comment here is at the typical MAGA and Trumpster level. The OP actually was interesting. I particular appreciated the thoughtful link, and this remarkably relevant excerpt:

“The only path to a subversion of the republican system of the Country is, by flattering the prejudices of the people, and exciting their jealousies and apprehensions, to throw affairs into confusion, and bring on civil commotion,” Alexander Hamilton wrote in 1790. “When a man unprincipled in private life, desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper…is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity,” Hamilton warned, “he may ‘ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.’”

Well, since I'm not supporting Trump, this is just your bigotry in action. Funny how you're using your mindless stupidity. You don't get it, do you? Be honest

Well, since I'm not supporting Trump, this is just your bigotry in action. Funny how you're using your mindless stupidity. You don't get it, do you? Be honest
Fair enough on Trump. My bad. But your view is still insulting, and in substance irrelevant or nonsensical.

LATER CORRECTION: Actually, I only said your comment was “at the typical MAGA or Trumpster level” — so it still stands as perfectly accurate.

:cool:

Last edited:
Yep, that happens with snowflakes.

In case you missed it …

CORRECTION: I only said your comment was “at the typical MAGA or Trumpster level” — so it still stands as perfectly accurate.

You continue to respond as a typical insulting Trumpster.

Last edited:
Fair enough on Trump. My bad. But your view is still insulting, and in substance irrelevant or nonsensical.

LATER CORRECTION: Actually, I only said your comment was “at the typical MAGA or Trumpster level” — so it still stands as perfectly accurate.

:cool:

I was pretty clear I was being insulting since I called him stupid, but thanks for verifying. I always tell my kids, it never hurts to verify. You're welcome

If you say so. But you can't govern a country if half, or even a third, of the voters despise you.
They’re governing right now. Isn’t that the way it has always been?
I have no more control over or obligation to those who may dislike me than the Dems do.
Haters gonna hate.

Forum List

Back