The Flaccid President...

Um..no dear.

I don't sweep the floors.

I work with Technology.

Say it slowly..I know it's a little hard for you to fathom things that aren't using rocks and sticks.

And as for your concerns..lets go through them.

What indicators are telling you that inflation is driving anything?

And just when, exactly, were interest rates dropped to zero?

Take your time.

:D

You clearly don't work in finance, or you'd know what ZIRP means. But thank you for playing. You can collect your consolation prize of a 1970s era WIN button on your way out. You'll be needing it quite soon.

Well no..

I do work in Finance.

You don't.

I've worked for the NYSE for 13.5 years.

And this new firm for the last 5 months.

You couldn't answer the questions.

It's pretty simple.

WINs is so 1970s conservative Republican..

Catch up.

Or you gonna tell me I don't know what that means either..

(Whip Inflation Now)

:eusa_shhh:

:eusa_shifty:

I notice you keep from answering the question of ZIRP, but you do answer WIN. I think you made shit up and now got caught.

If anyone was wondering....:thanks:

The theory behind the zero interest rate policy (ZIRP) is that low interest rates stimulate investment while allowing consumers and businesses to finance large purchases more easily, resulting in more products and services being produced and lower unemployment. Low interest rates are also said to lessen the federal debt burden and encourage banks to lend and invest their money because the rate of return makes holding it less profitable.

A ZIRP has significant consequences, however. A long-term ZIRP erodes the value of savings and investments, creating what can best be described as a hidden tax, with investors paying for the cheap money to banks with the diminished value of their savings accounts. The influx of new dollars into the money supply has devalued the existing currency already in the economy, reducing the value of all savings and retirement accounts.

The result of this devaluation of savings is to push investors into higher-risk areas such as the stock market. This may spur the economy in the short run, but it is likely to lead to stock bubbles that will crash people’s retirement plans.

Another damaging element of the ZIRP is the interest payments the Fed is sending banks for money held in reserve. By stopping those payments, the Fed could increase lending by removing this artificial incentive to hold cash in reserve, critics argue.

The Federal Reserve’s ZIRP has done little to stimulate the economy and has done much to hurt investment and savings. The Fed should implement new policies that promote a strong dollar and interest rates based less on manipulation and more on market forces.

Research & Commentary: Zero Interest Rate Policy | Heartland Institute

418042_479427345436843_1428532340_n.png

I'm not worried about my non-partisan street cred.

Obviously, being the hack that you are, this will seem crazy. There's only so much I can do for you, Lump.

Can you actually post on the subject of the thread?

The subject is you think Obama is a shitty president.

Great opinion you've got there, Lump. :dunno:

Soooo close there Bob...:eusa_doh:

The subject is you think Obama is a flaccid president.

Can you actually post on the subject of the thread?

The subject is you think Obama is a shitty president.

Great opinion you've got there, Lump. :dunno:

Soooo close there Bob...:eusa_doh:

The subject is you think Obama is a flaccid president.

It all stems from the fact you think he's a shitty president. The whole "flaccid" idea is a byproduct of that.

You see what you want to see Lump.

You clearly don't work in finance, or you'd know what ZIRP means. But thank you for playing. You can collect your consolation prize of a 1970s era WIN button on your way out. You'll be needing it quite soon.

Well no..

I do work in Finance.

You don't.

I've worked for the NYSE for 13.5 years.

And this new firm for the last 5 months.

You couldn't answer the questions.

It's pretty simple.

WINs is so 1970s conservative Republican..

Catch up.

Or you gonna tell me I don't know what that means either..

(Whip Inflation Now)

:eusa_shhh:

:eusa_shifty:

I notice you keep from answering the question of ZIRP, but you do answer WIN. I think you made shit up and now got caught.

Seriously.

Reading..

Try it.

The theory behind the zero interest rate policy (ZIRP) is that low interest rates stimulate investment while allowing consumers and businesses to finance large purchases more easily, resulting in more products and services being produced and lower unemployment. Low interest rates are also said to lessen the federal debt burden and encourage banks to lend and invest their money because the rate of return makes holding it less profitable.

A ZIRP has significant consequences, however. A long-term ZIRP erodes the value of savings and investments, creating what can best be described as a hidden tax, with investors paying for the cheap money to banks with the diminished value of their savings accounts. The influx of new dollars into the money supply has devalued the existing currency already in the economy, reducing the value of all savings and retirement accounts.

The result of this devaluation of savings is to push investors into higher-risk areas such as the stock market. This may spur the economy in the short run, but it is likely to lead to stock bubbles that will crash people’s retirement plans.

Another damaging element of the ZIRP is the interest payments the Fed is sending banks for money held in reserve. By stopping those payments, the Fed could increase lending by removing this artificial incentive to hold cash in reserve, critics argue.

The Federal Reserve’s ZIRP has done little to stimulate the economy and has done much to hurt investment and savings. The Fed should implement new policies that promote a strong dollar and interest rates based less on manipulation and more on market forces.

I asked the poster who came up with this "interesting" term to clarify which president dropped interest rates to zero.

She balked.

Why?

Because that was George W. Bush.

Along with the "zero interest rate" thingie he implemented policies that created the housing bubble.

And screwed the economy royally.

You folks see the shadows..but you never see the light.

1) The largest one-day point drop in DJIA history occurred on September 17, 2001 the first day of trading after the September 11, 2001 attacks.

2) On April 25, 2007, the Dow passed 13,000 in trading and closed above the milestone for the first time. Less than three months later, on July 19, the average set an all-time closing high above the 14,000 level: the fastest 1,000-point advance for the index since 1999.

Dow Jones Industrial Average-- History and the Market

You're good at history then.

Where was the dow when Bush left office his second term?

Where was the Dow during GW Bush's 2 terms in office.

It crashed at the end along with everything else.
But at one point it was over 14K.

So Bush gets credit for that right?...
You Obama ass kissers like to be fair right?......
Your whole thing about taxes is being fair....

You wouldn't know fair if it came up and kicked you in the balls.

Bush gets credit for bringing back the thing you conservatives love the most.

An economy based on war and oil..with a housing bubble thrown in.

How'd that work out?

I asked the poster who came up with this "interesting" term to clarify which president dropped interest rates to zero.

She balked.

Why?

Because that was George W. Bush.

Along with the "zero interest rate" thingie he implemented policies that created the housing bubble.

And screwed the economy royally.

You folks see the shadows..but you never see the light.

When you refuse to recognize the independence of the Federal Reserve, the corrupted oversight by the Democrat leadership in regards to Fannie Mae, the divisive nature and motivation by Pelosi and Reid to win elections and undermine Bush (and the American economy/people) ....You are the one standing in the shadows..

Last edited:
The limp dick talked about investment in education at his press conference today when out of control Federal spending is the problem.....he is fucking insane.

Boehner/Cantor were short 50 votes on this one. They were the ones looking kind of limp at this point, psycho.

Last edited:
For a flaccid guy Obama sure has done a great job keeping you right wing nuts howling while he's been fucking you the last four years.

For a flaccid guy Obama sure has done a great job keeping you right wing nuts howling while he's been fucking you the last four years.

in other words....

Democrats are programed to just bend over and take it...right Article...:lol:

Heads in the sand, fingers in their ears, all pretending they don't know that Obama has made one surgical strike after another, killing very few people, spending very little money, while killing our enemies.

but, your hero, King Bush the Younger, hundreds of thousands dead, TRILLIONS$$$$$ debt and not a fucking thing to show for it except the shame of an illegal war.

I DARE you empty rw's to read the link in my sig, Obama's accomplishments and then post a list of REPUB/bush accomplishments.

I DARE YOU.

LOLOLOLOL

How many people (including innocents) has Obama killed with drones?

You tell me.

Tell me how many more than the HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS bush's illegal war killed for NO REASON.

Please, tell me.

I can't believe at a time when America is financially collapsing, two opposing sides are arguing over which CRAPPY President was the worst.. They've trained even the most seasoned electorate well.. Fight each other just don't look at who we truly are, SLEAZY LAWYERS for the most part lining our pockets at your expense.. BOTH SIDES!

How many people (including innocents) has Obama killed with drones?

You tell me.

Tell me how many more than the HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS bush's illegal war killed for NO REASON.

Please, tell me.

I can't believe at a time when America is financially collapsing, two opposing sides are arguing over which CRAPPY President was the worst.. They've trained even the most seasoned electorate well.. Fight each other just don't look at who we truly are, SLEAZY LAWYERS for the most part lining our pockets at your expense.. BOTH SIDES!

^definitely knows all about flaccid men

You tell me.

Please, tell me.

That's it..personally insult the person telling the truth. You're a good brainwashed subject of the State. I'm sure your 213.00 weekly gubmint check makes it easier to bend over.. After all those crumbs are so tasty, hmm?

That's it..personally insult the person telling the truth. You're a good brainwashed subject of the State. I'm sure your 213.00 weekly gubmint check makes it easier to bend over.. After all those crumbs are so tasty, hmm?

^wouldn't know the truth if it was able to unflaccify itself in her presence long enough to fuck her then leave $213 on her nightstand

Forum List

Back