The Faustian pact by so-called "evangelicals"

The reason why I labeled "Faustian pact"for evangelicals in the thread's title, is this.

Evangelicals...as a "religious" group think that they need political protection (from Muslims, from the gay/lesbian community, from those Constitution scholars who want to separate religion from governmental policies, etc.) and have sought such "protection," from the least traditionally religious president in living memory.

Trump may be the "least traditionally religious president in living memory".

But that does not mean that he was not the better choice for the Evangelicals, in the General Election.

That you have trouble understanding why they felt like that is obvious.

That is no excuse for you to assign odd and nefarious trappings to it.

It is silly of you to try to deny the hostility from liberals to Evangelicals.

Also, your race baiting is noted. You are a race baiting asshole. Fuck you.

Poor Corny.....lol

Why cut the portion of the thread where you said your asshole race baiting shit?

And it is still silly of you to deny the hostility from liberals to Evangelicals.
There is hostility to evangelicals who view the Bible literally (hypocritically or not) and try to use it as a guide to living (I can't even dream of the hardship. LOL)

But the evangelicals opposed Gays and Lebians getting married when it really was no skin off their noses. No Gay or Lesbian gave a rat's ass over the evangelicals getting married .. or divorced for that matter. Evangelicals are free to marry and even divorce, and provisions for gay and lesbian marriage don't effect their decisions. I believe evangelicals also opposed gay and lesbians having employment benefits apply to their spouses/partners

Two wrongs don't justify one another though.

It's unfortunate that the dems don't have a person who has a view on religion of just letting the other folks be. Trump was all for gay marriage, and he's merely a charlatan giving cover to evangelicals, and they'll get less from him than they got from Reagan. But they got a guy like Kaine who really should see where the evangelicals are coming from but .... he's a goof. LOL Lieberman probably would have gotten it.

But it's tough to find them a compromise. If they object to having to provide health insurance with IUDs, and insurors say "fine we'll take it out of your policies and just provide them to anyone who wants one" there's not a lot of room to compromise.

And why are you being a race baiting asshole troll?

You call it 'race baiting".........while I call it my Diogenesian task to find honest evangelicals..........No luck yet, but still looking, however.........lol

You call it 'race baiting".........while I call it my Diogenesian task to find honest evangelicals..........No luck yet, but still looking, however.........lol
Evangelicals view themselves as being discriminated against. I don't see them as being delusional. Today, we'd think it objectionable if a guy decided to not hire a black because other employees might be uncomfortable. But who wants to be around somebody who is giving thanks to God all the time. LOL

I don't see them as being delusional.

Well, if not "delusional," how's about this...................lol

upload_2018-4-26_10-49-43.png

Poor Corny.....lol

Why cut the portion of the thread where you said your asshole race baiting shit?

And it is still silly of you to deny the hostility from liberals to Evangelicals.
There is hostility to evangelicals who view the Bible literally (hypocritically or not) and try to use it as a guide to living (I can't even dream of the hardship. LOL)

But the evangelicals opposed Gays and Lebians getting married when it really was no skin off their noses. No Gay or Lesbian gave a rat's ass over the evangelicals getting married .. or divorced for that matter. Evangelicals are free to marry and even divorce, and provisions for gay and lesbian marriage don't effect their decisions. I believe evangelicals also opposed gay and lesbians having employment benefits apply to their spouses/partners

It's unfortunate that the dems don't have a person who has a view on religion of just letting the other folks be. Trump was all for gay marriage, and he's merely a charlatan giving cover to evangelicals, and they'll get less from him than they got from Reagan. But they got a guy like Kaine who really should see where the evangelicals are coming from but .... he's a goof. LOL Lieberman probably would have gotten it.

But it's tough to find them a compromise. If they object to having to provide health insurance with IUDs, and insurors say "fine we'll take it out of your policies and just provide them to anyone who wants one" there's not a lot of room to compromise.

"Bake that fucking cake, you peasant"

Poor Corny.....lol

And we both know they aren't about to put any of that cake in their mouths. Jus sayin

Poor Corny.....lol

And we both know they aren't about to put any of that cake in their mouths. Jus sayin

Joking aside, it gives lie to your statement "where is the harm to them?"

One thing leads to another, and the end goal is forced acceptance, not tolerance.

That one third of Americans who call themselves evangelicals, are mostly a bunch of hypocritical and selfish morons who have readily struck a deal with the almost satanic forces that comprise the Trump administration.

Think about it......the Christian "value" of a president being a good father and husband made these people NOT ever back Obama and, instead, readily embrace the moral and ethical depraved, Trump.

I know that this is an old argument, but it bears some self-scrutiny by Trump acolytes on this forum.

What Trump signifies for these "evangelicals" is a return to white supremacist policies, ranging from the amalgamation of religion and politics, to the promulgation of hatred toward brown-skinned people and most of all, those of the Muslim faith.

Bottom line: The Christian right has lost ALL validity in having ANY semblance of a moral rudder.
I have always found it incredibly hypocritical that of the 18 Republican candidates, the evangelicals chose to back the most completely immoral one of the pack.

They have chained themselves to a sewer rat, and their religion is now in the gutter with him.

This is just one more piece in the chain of evidence which proves the last election was about Mexicans and Muslims.

That one third of Americans who call themselves evangelicals, are mostly a bunch of hypocritical and selfish morons who have readily struck a deal with the almost satanic forces that comprise the Trump administration.

Think about it......the Christian "value" of a president being a good father and husband made these people NOT ever back Obama and, instead, readily embrace the moral and ethical depraved, Trump.

I know that this is an old argument, but it bears some self-scrutiny by Trump acolytes on this forum.

What Trump signifies for these "evangelicals" is a return to white supremacist policies, ranging from the amalgamation of religion and politics, to the promulgation of hatred toward brown-skinned people and most of all, those of the Muslim faith.

Bottom line: The Christian right has lost ALL validity in having ANY semblance of a moral rudder.
The Glass House Starkeys are at their funniest when they accuse others of being hypocrites

I have always found it incredibly hypocritical that of the 18 Republican candidates, the evangelicals chose to back the most completely immoral one of the pack.

They have chained themselves to a sewer rat, and their religion is now in the gutter with him.

This is just one more piece in the chain of evidence which proves the last election was about Mexicans and Muslims.
It was about saving the America Republic from Progressive Fascism

Trump has been given so many mulligans by white evangelicals, the Bible is going to need a rewrite.

"And Jesus spake, 'Thou mayest committeth adultery many, many times with prostitutes, bigly. But thou shalt not bake a cake for a homo. Truly, I tell you, that would be a disaster, believe me.'"

The Nazis hate Jews
The Klan hates Blacks
The Democrats hate devote Christians, and especially Evangelical Christians

Trump has been given so many mulligans by white evangelicals, the Bible is going to need a rewrite.

"And Jesus spake, 'Thou mayest committeth adultery many, many times with prostitutes, bigly. But thou shalt not bake a cake for a homo. Truly, I tell you, that would be a disaster, believe me.'"

And you wonder why they don't support progressives.....

Trump may be a sinner, but he isn't trying to subjugate them or make their way of living illegal at worst, and merely taboo at best.

1. I called it race baiting, because that is what is was. YOu are a race baiting asshole.

2. Your op is not "trying to find a honest evangelical". The guy that won the Primaries was not the great, from the Evangelicals pov, but was still better than Hillary. That you want to smear them because they supported a, from their pov, a flawed candidate, is just you being a bigoted asshole.

And you wonder why they don't support progressives.....

Trump may be a sinner, but he isn't trying to subjugate them or make their way of living illegal at worst, and merely taboo at best.

THe lack of awareness by these people, is beyond belief.

Forum List

Back