The fascinating story of the Abayudaya, a small community of African Jews in Uganda

These people have converted to Judaism, but they are not Jews

Halacha disagrees with you.
They are wrong on many levels.

All the Aposltles were racial Jews. Jesus was a Jew. Granted, they didnt follow the Catholic version of Christianity, but they were CHRISTIAN and not followers of the religion of Judaism (but as true Christian's, they kept the Sabbath and Holy Days, and followed the laws of clean and unclean meats).

But Jews are of the Tribe of Judah. I believe I am of the Tribe of Joseph, a son of Israel.

It's an odd journey to believe in Christ, but then reject him for Judaism. Not many take that path.
Although Jews don’t go out of their way to convert people from other faiths to become Jewish and prefer to be left alone...You obviously haven’t attended too many conversion classes where the majority of the people there are converting from Christianity to Judaism thus making your premise bogus...Fascinating story non the less and probably more common then known but people like this go quietly about their business and don’t advertise unlike some groups that hype everything to their own advantages...Still being a very very small minority in a vast and hostile world it is amazing they hung on....
If you convert from Christianity to Judaism it means you never really believed in Christ in the first place.
The question should be what did he discover on his own to sway his mind from NT to just OT?
This is before the information age with all the great arguments on contradictions and mistakes and historical records of abuses of their power etc.
Was it how Christians treated African tribes or converted them that turned a light bulb on, or was it a sense the NT or how it was taught was falling away from the OT ethos and creating itself a new god above God?

The question should be what did he discover on his own to sway his mind from NT to just OT?
This is before the information age with all the great arguments on contradictions and mistakes and historical records of abuses of their power etc.
Was it how Christians treated African tribes or converted them that turned a light bulb on, or was it a sense the NT or how it was taught was falling away from the OT ethos and creating itself a new god above God?

That is a fascinating question. I would like to know what led up to that decision.

Last edited:
It's an odd journey to believe in Christ, but then reject him for Judaism. Not many take that path.
Although Jews don’t go out of their way to convert people from other faiths to become Jewish and prefer to be left alone...You obviously haven’t attended too many conversion classes where the majority of the people there are converting from Christianity to Judaism thus making your premise bogus...Fascinating story non the less and probably more common then known but people like this go quietly about their business and don’t advertise unlike some groups that hype everything to their own advantages...Still being a very very small minority in a vast and hostile world it is amazing they hung on....
If you convert from Christianity to Judaism it means you never really believed in Christ in the first place.
I found it very interesting... We all know that the British always used indigenous peoples in their wars for example the Sherpa from Nepal and ironically sikh and Hindu populations from the Indian sub continent as well but this fellow seemed quite interesting and I too would be interested in finding out the answer to that question ... Funny how they found that tribe in Africa that was almost wholly descended from the kohenime and there are other examples that I will not go into right now but Sudan and Ethiopia come to mind as well...

Forum List

Back