The fallacy of “if we stop talking about it, it will go away"

It's not about talking about it, it's how we talk about it.

Screaming RACIST! at everything that moves only makes things worse. Denying that racism still exists only makes things worse. Just blaming the other "side" and never holding our "side" accountable only makes things worse.

But, since we've lost the capacity for intellectual elasticity, this appears to be the best we can do. Self-inflicted wound.

This sounds just like the whining of whites that want to hide behind their avoidance behavior. No one screams racist at everything. Its only screamed at racist people or racist actions.

This is the fallacy of “if we stop talking about it, it will go away.” I hearing this at USMB quite a bit — if we stop talking about racism, no one will be racist; if we stop talking about the hungry, no one will go hungry; if we stop talking about white supremacy, no one will be a white supremacist. Yet we never hear anyone say this about immigration, gun control, government or taxes that are too high. Among many things.

Why is this?
You're the one who doesn't want racism to go away, because then you'd have nothing to snivel about.

This is the fallacy of “if we stop talking about it, it will go away.” I hearing this at USMB quite a bit — if we stop talking about racism, no one will be racist; if we stop talking about the hungry, no one will go hungry; if we stop talking about white supremacy, no one will be a white supremacist. Yet we never hear anyone say this about immigration, gun control, government or taxes that are too high. Among many things.

Why is this?
You're the one who doesn't want racism to go away, because then you'd have nothing to snivel about.
Says the monkey that has everything to gain by racism not going away. :rolleyes:

And, for the zillionth time, my point is being illustrated beautifully.

1. "My" tribe is absolutely guiltless, it's all "your" tribe's fault.
2. If you disagree, or if you see guilt from both tribes, you must be attacked personally.

Obedient little sheep.
No one made whites be racists. They came to that conclusion on their own. Spare me your whining about different tribes. It doesnt really work when your tribe documented that it was their fault. :rolleyes:

2. If you disagree, or if you see guilt from both tribes, you must be attacked personally.

Obedient little sheep.

Stormy, please explain to me how black people are at fault for 400 years of racism in this country.

I'm really interested in hearing this one.

Obedient little sheep.

Stormy, please explain to me how black people are at fault for 400 years of racism in this country.

I'm really interested in hearing this one.
They are at fault because they complained about being enslaved instead of being grateful they were rescued from being eaten by lions and being able to be around whites. :rolleyes:

maybe some of you'll find racism a humourous diversion ,when y'all figure out globalist subjugation could care less if you're polka dotted w/racing stripes.....~S~

Olde Europe, don't you realize that Mac is so much smarter than you, that his opinions are much more reasonable and he's the totally last honest man in American... Come on, give him a minute, he'll tell you.

I absolutely realize Mac is plenty smart.

He endlessly complains about...

Other side wrong!!!​

He instead insists...

Other sides wrong!!!

Whoever disagrees with me proves me right!!!​

That's plenty smart.

He no longer needs an argument to prove himself right; others do that for him.

He also no longer needs to look at what one side has to say about the other, whether there's an argument underpinning any charge; whoever does so still proves him right.

That's enormously smart. I wish I had thought of that; alas, I have not.

(Of course, it's all bupkis. Still, he is riding that mare for two years, and counting, and probably forgot how to get off of it.)

Why is this?

Of course, no one thinks not talking about racism / White supremacy makes them go away. Them racists / White supremacists just do not like very much being confronted merely because of their depravity.

Of course, them racists / White supremacists very much like to talk about immigration / gun control / etc. They can claim victim status, and, as victims, are entitled to lashing out viciously on any and all who would inflict these ills on them, and for no other reason other than to subjugate and sideline them, the true heirs of the Greatest Nation on Earth. ... and they WILL take their country back. They said so, didn't they?

That's why all that is.

maybe some of you'll find racism a humourous diversion ,when y'all figure out globalist subjugation could care less if you're polka dotted w/racing stripes.....~S~

You know... Sparky, if you ever were to make that suggestion to a black man, make sure he's the only one around, and much, much smaller than you. Otherwise, you might get a well-deserved clobbering.

Moreover, you are plain wrong: Racism is the root cause of why the globalist subjugation succeeds, for it pits groups, who might otherwise unite to fight the beast, against each other, weakening both.

Moreover, you are plain wrong: Racism is the root cause of why the globalist subjugation succeeds, for it pits groups, who might otherwise unite to fight the beast, against each other, weakening both.

Acutually, that is my point Olde one....

I believe we're all economic slaves

~S~

It's not about talking about it, it's how we talk about it.

Screaming RACIST! at everything that moves only makes things worse. Denying that racism still exists only makes things worse. Just blaming the other "side" and never holding our "side" accountable only makes things worse.

But, since we've lost the capacity for intellectual elasticity, this appears to be the best we can do. Self-inflicted wound.

Since no one is screaming racism at everything that moves, try again. You need to recognize gaslighting when you see it.

Why is this?
My dear IQ2 you talk about racism everyday all day. You are stuck like a vinyl record...racism...racism...racism................

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, making them question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying, it attempts to destabilize the victim and delegitimize the victim's belief.

Forum List

Back