The fallacy of “if we stop talking about it, it will go away"

Many groups have not experienced what blacks have or what NA's have in America. That's untrue and it should stop being repeated.
Why do you think that so many folk like fncceo are so invested in making everything else seem similar to what happened to blacks during slavery?

Yes i believe in a collectivist society , i just have little patience for those who predicate they're not getting thier due based soley on their race or religion

I no longer look upon them as representative of their respective faction(s) , rather they are the whiners and loosers looking to blame anyone but themselves

.. and thank god you received these EMTs.
never did get their names , joined when i grew up, figured it was my turn to give back cuz i owed.....

With that in mind, I am quite certain you are currently taking a stern look at the whiners and their complaints, you know, the goofs who thought electing Trump would right the ills, injustices and discrimination, the very ordeal under which they were forced to chafe

Oh yeah......It's a complete copy/paste of Obama's Hope & Change to me.

to me, these aren't elective choices , their some sort of systemic byproducts that end up on a stump telling us what we want to hear.

That they actually manage to solve anything, or create a better middle class, is at best coincidentail....

~S~

Racism can never be cured via legislation, because it's a matter of culture and behavior, not skin color.

Racism was made/empowered by legislation. And it was based on skin color.

At one time, yes and yes. But now, in this country at this time, it is based upon culture and behavior.

Why do you whites who haven't experienced one day of racism think you get to tell us how things are pertaining to racism? Whites have denied racism since the nation started. But now in this country at this time, racism is based on the same things as it always as been. But now the excuse is about culture and behavior.

Many groups of people have experienced and currently experience different types of discrimination. It's not a phenomenon unique to any one group of people.
One thing that is unique with the Black experience is the length of time, the type of intentional physiological destruction, the purposeful generational destruction of the family unit, the purposeful destruction of Black history, and the past and ongoing brainwashing. No other group in the history of the planet has gone through what Blacks have gone through and continue to go through. Its not even really close.

Then i suggest you read up on history

~S~

Racism was made/empowered by legislation. And it was based on skin color.

At one time, yes and yes. But now, in this country at this time, it is based upon culture and behavior.

Why do you whites who haven't experienced one day of racism think you get to tell us how things are pertaining to racism? Whites have denied racism since the nation started. But now in this country at this time, racism is based on the same things as it always as been. But now the excuse is about culture and behavior.

Many groups of people have experienced and currently experience different types of discrimination. It's not a phenomenon unique to any one group of people.
One thing that is unique with the Black experience is the length of time, the type of intentional physiological destruction, the purposeful generational destruction of the family unit, the purposeful destruction of Black history, and the past and ongoing brainwashing. No other group in the history of the planet has gone through what Blacks have gone through and continue to go through. Its not even really close.

~S~
What groups history?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

~S~
What groups history?
History of slavery - Wikipedia

~S~
What groups history?
Yeah I've read wiki before. I asked what group of people have been through the same thing Blacks have.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

~S~
What groups history?
Yeah I've read wiki before. I asked what group of people have been through the same thing Blacks have.

I see, so we're off to yet another cyclical debate where, (for ex) you're shown a dog....
golden-retriever-puppy.jpg

and your reply is 'what dog'?
Screenshot-2015-06-30-16.31.08.png

~S~

~S~
What groups history?

I see, so we're off to yet another cyclical debate where, (for ex) you're shown a dog....
golden-retriever-puppy.jpg

and your reply is 'what dog'?
Screenshot-2015-06-30-16.31.08.png

~S~
Nope. I just want you to show me a racial group of people that have been through what the Black race has been through. If you cant then just admit you cant. No need to post pictures about dogs. :rolleyes:

Many groups have not experienced what blacks have or what NA's have in America. That's untrue and it should stop being repeated.
Why do you think that so many folk like fncceo are so invested in making everything else seem similar to what happened to blacks during slavery?

White fragility to be brief.

They've denied it from BEFORE this nation began actually. However, to answer your question, it's because the label of "racist" is deemed as an attack on their morality. And above all, American whites especially want to see themselves as being very moral.

As history have shown us, they are not.

Preach brother!

I agree, there is nothing more important than a supportive upbringing. But, at some point, you have to be responsible for your own future, regardless of your past.

The past can tell you how you became who you are. It should in no way dictate who you will become.

Why is it that whites always make these silly comments to blacks when blacks have done exactly that with no help and against a system designed or us to be denied, while whites were given what they have by the same system?

I hope that deciding you have no future because the game was stacked against helps you live your life.

Let me know how it's working out for you.

Since like blacks before me, I fought and succeeded against a stacked deck while your ass was handed what you got, it is apparent I didn't do that. So learn to read and then respond.

Mazel tov on your success. Someday I'd love to sit down for a latte and hear the story about how you overcame personal adversity to succeed against the odds. Not today, however, there are too many good shows on Netflix.

Good one! :auiqs.jpg:

Oh yeah......It's a complete copy/paste of Obama's Hope & Change to me.

to me, these aren't elective choices , their some sort of systemic byproducts that end up on a stump telling us what we want to hear.

That they actually manage to solve anything, or create a better middle class, is at best coincidentail....

~S~

I am pretty certain that, once you sit down and think about the above, you'll find both the communications vastly different, and also the policies. Some of the latter are reasonable, grounded in fact, and usually work as intended, others are based on faith, resentments, or mere ideology, and usually work to the detriment of the aim you describe. There are very few mere coincidences.

I may as well be trying to communicate with a wild-eyed teenager on the streets of Damascus, or a sign-holding Westboro Baptist Church picketer, protesting the funeral of a fallen soldier. There's nothing there. No light gets in. They do not see a thing.

Well, it's hard for you to communicate when you don't listen to anything anyone says, Stormy.

Mac : Absurd premise

Me: Nope, here are facts and figures that show your premise is absurd.

Mac: See. See. This is what I mean about partisanship! They are just like Jihadists,totally having opinions that aren't mine!!!

This is the fallacy of “if we stop talking about it, it will go away.” I hearing this at USMB quite a bit — if we stop talking about racism, no one will be racist; if we stop talking about the hungry, no one will go hungry; if we stop talking about white supremacy, no one will be a white supremacist. Yet we never hear anyone say this about immigration, gun control, government or taxes that are too high. Among many things.

Why is this?
I thought this was going to be a thread about how people love to sweep black racism/violence under the rug.

This is the fallacy of “if we stop talking about it, it will go away.” I hearing this at USMB quite a bit — if we stop talking about racism, no one will be racist; if we stop talking about the hungry, no one will go hungry; if we stop talking about white supremacy, no one will be a white supremacist. Yet we never hear anyone say this about immigration, gun control, government or taxes that are too high. Among many things.

Why is this?
upload_2018-12-18_13-9-14.jpeg

Why is this?
Whites are superior so why should we stop talking about it. Stop trying to make equal what NEVER was,NEVER will be equal.

You aren't even superior to other whites.
Ugh coming from a groid that really hurts,an animal barely evolved from jungle apes doesn't think I am superior...what will I EVER do!
Says the caucasoid that attracts hair lice, has stringy hair like a monkey and smells like one in the rain. :rolleyes:

Why is this?
Whites are superior so why should we stop talking about it. Stop trying to make equal what NEVER was,NEVER will be equal.

You aren't even superior to other whites.
Ugh coming from a groid that really hurts,an animal barely evolved from jungle apes doesn't think I am superior...what will I EVER do!

Didn't you do a Geico commercial?

GEICO_Cavemen.jpg

Forum List

Back