The evolution of Windows

windows_devolution.jpg

Seems pretty spot on to me..........

From a general user point of view -- they forget the dog whistles on 8 and 10.

From a developer that uses PC Hardware for industrial products and applications, it's moved SO FAR away from supporting scientific/industrial applications that it's barely usable. Win 8 and 10 attempt to make the PC platform work like a cheap tablet toy. Only support for hardware that matters, is CONSUMER junk.

Can't based a product going into a Medical lab or manufacturing line on EITHER of those. Windows now wants to DICTATE where the data goes and what part of the file system are used. Dozens of other complaints.

windows_devolution.jpg

I wonder how a company with nearly unlimited resources can get so many of these so wrong. You'd think they finally hit XP and would say "yeah we're on the right track let's build off of this". Then they drive the Bentley down a dirt road because someone wanted to see the horsey.

I find it odd to say the least.
Not odd at all. They're a business so the number one focus is what's best for Microsoft. Add to that the fact that they are currently the most used OS on the planet they probably don't feel they have to think any other way.

I hope you don't believe that. I seriously doubt that's the case.

windows_devolution.jpg

I wonder how a company with nearly unlimited resources can get so many of these so wrong. You'd think they finally hit XP and would say "yeah we're on the right track let's build off of this". Then they drive the Bentley down a dirt road because someone wanted to see the horsey.

Not odd at all. They're a business so the number one focus is what's best for Microsoft. Add to that the fact that they are currently the most used OS on the planet they probably don't feel they have to think any other way.

Like I told IN, think IBM......... Remember how arrogant they once were?

windows_devolution.jpg

I know a guy that still works for them and makes bookoo bucks.

They are definitely still making money.

windows_devolution.jpg

They are now, go back 30+ years..........

They are now, go back 30+ years..........

I suppose they were making more then. Their CPUs are still viable for what they do. (Whatever that is)

They haven't been involved in PC since 80286 days?

(Do NOT quote me on that number, it's just off the top of the head)

I'm sure he does...... Now.......
Their CEO was the one way back when who said no one would ever want or need a computer in their home. They had built a huge complex in Reston VA which even 20 years ago was mostly empty, hell AOL built a gigantic complex just west of Dullas Airport which was just finished when they fell way behind in the market, that one is also mostly unused. Both companies made millionaires then nearly collapsed because they misread the market and technological leaps. Much of that had to do with the arrogance born of success.

Last edited:
Every time Windows comes out with a new version it sucks. We keep telling them it sucks. They don't listen. Instead they sit around and think of ways to show the world how to suck even more.

Every time Windows comes out with a new version it sucks. We keep telling them it sucks. They don't listen. Instead they sit around and think of ways to show the world how to suck even more.
microsoft-sucks.gif

Not completely, I happen to like Windows 7, it didn't suck.

Think about it folks, for all intent and purposes with Windows 10 Microsoft is turning your personal computer into a Microsoft controlled work station. Thanks no thanks.

"Windows Vista was the worst".....actually the worst was Windows ME..an OS that only lasted a few months before PC makers refused to pre-install it. One of only two times PC makers did this. (Windows 8 was the 2nd time when makers offered Win 7 as an option)

Windows now no longer offers an operating system for business use. Windows 10 simply doesn't work well at all for multiple networks and multiple hardware use. We have two PC's in the bldg with Win10 and both are a constant headache as they continuously drop printers/scanners and networked drives. This is the first time I can ever remember where people in the office pray their computer doesn't break because they don't want a new one.

The only saving grace that M$ has is that the general population (in America) have absolutely no idea they have a choice. Even now, if you mention the word Linux to someone they have no idea what you are talking about. No doubt about it, non gamers would be so much happier with a good distro like Mint etc. than with Win10...I would bet my house on it.

"Windows Vista was the worst".....actually the worst was Windows ME..an OS that only lasted a few months before PC makers refused to pre-install it. One of only two times PC makers did this. (Windows 8 was the 2nd time when makers offered Win 7 as an option)

Windows now no longer offers an operating system for business use. Windows 10 simply doesn't work well at all for multiple networks and multiple hardware use. We have two PC's in the bldg with Win10 and both are a constant headache as they continuously drop printers/scanners and networked drives. This is the first time I can ever remember where people in the office pray their computer doesn't break because they don't want a new one.

The only saving grace that M$ has is that the general population (in America) have absolutely no idea they have a choice. Even now, if you mention the word Linux to someone they have no idea what you are talking about. No doubt about it, non gamers would be so much happier with a good distro like Mint etc. than with Win10...I would bet my house on it.
Do you know anything about home servers? I think I may have found a way to play all my steam games on Linux.
Thinking one Windows machine set up as a server, just keep Steam running on it all the time and it streams to the Linux machine when Steam is opened.

Do you know anything about home servers? I think I may have found a way to play all my steam games on Linux.
Thinking one Windows machine set up as a server, just keep Steam running on it all the time and it streams to the Linux machine when Steam is opened.
Extremism.

Extremism.
:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back