"The error was inadvertent"... Obama... Yet Americans will be "Held Accountable"?...

It's clear we don't belong there. Imagine how bad this will be by 2024.

The media are not reporting the entire story. Prisoners were passing written messages via the quran. The books were destroyed so as to destroy the messages. If the book is so holy, why are these Muslims desecrating it? Burning them was a mistake, but the outrage over defiled holy books after other Muslims had defiled them first is laughable. We need to get the hell out of there.
Two US troops have died because of the burning. BAD MOVE. Remove the messages, lock up those that send messages in solitary, but don't incite the population of the country we are OCCUPYING.

Are you saying the murders of two US soldiers is justified in this case?

If apologizing and placing all of blame on the soldiers who burned the already-desecrated and potentially dangerous (due to what might have been written inside) holy book, promising that those responsible (meaning the Americans, not those who actually used their holy book to send secret messages because they KNEW we try very hard to respect their religious beliefs) was to keep people safe...then why are NATO troops dead and people rioting in the streets?

The bottom line is - those who are rioting and killing people would be doing so with or without Obama's political gesture. With that in mind...asking Obama to support our solidiers who were doing their job and condemning (or at the very least, MENTIONING) that the people who turned their holy book into a note passed in class were not the soldiers, but the Muslims would have been appropriate.

Obama's apology did nothing to quell the violence - and anyone with a brain could have seen that it wouldn't stop those who are looking for any reason to riot and kill. Obama could have stated that it was unfortunate that the Qu'rans were burned and not disposed of more appropriately...but that the very important fact was that these were no longer religious books, but rather contraband material being used to pass information secretly that could have been used to cause harm and that it was the soldiers job to stop that from happening.

Instead - it just comes across as Obama going out of his way to make the US troops out to be the assholes and excusing the behavior of the rioters and murderers screaming for ALL of our deaths.

An angry muslim angry about the burning of korans.

Obama is trying to keep it from happneing again.

You dont care you jsut want a political knife to jab at Obama.

When he deserves to be jabbed, yes I'll jab him.......too bad you only see what you want to see.

He's wrong on this one, whether you want to admit it or not. Why do you think they were using the Koran in the first place??

Angry muslims looking for any excuse to violence blatantly ignoring the facts of this case as they kill NATO troops...

Our President excusing their behavior by placing blame solely on the soldiers who were faced with a Qu'ran being used as a tool that could be very dangerous. By not supporting his troops, he hung them out to dry...condoning, in essence, the violence we are now seeing.

I care very much about our soldiers being placed in situations were they have to make "double-edged sword" type of decisions knowing that if it seems politically expedient, their commander-in-chief will blame them and not support them.

It is not a political jab to disagree with the President...sometimes its just a citizen disagreeing with the way her President is handling something.

All his apology has done is make is give justification for the murders of our military and greatly increase the certainty that it will happen again.

Oboma has shamed himself and our Nation snevling about a book when he should have been demanding justuce for our dead and wounded! If he can't do the job he needs to quit.

If the holy books did indeed carry messages than the books should have been turned over to commanding officers. I would think the information is valuable.

ETA: inadvertent means that somebody said destroy the shit, and troops got carried away with a celebratory burning, got caught and now Obama is like "seriously, i gotta deal with this shit?"

Last edited:
You people dont care about the other people serving there.

You just want cheap poltical points

You can suck the shit out of my ass, Twat...

I have Family there. :thup:

:)

peace...

what a well reasoned response.

Then help protect them and STOP making political points out of their comander in cheifs attempts to keep them safe.

He is going to Scapegoat a couple of Brave Service People in the Hopes that it Pleases the Islamists he's so Obviously Sympathetic with...

It is he who is Politicizing this and it is you who should suck the corn out of my Shit. :thup:

peace...

Means it's time to leave that cesspool.
You Democrats have already cuckolded Iraq and you want to pull the rug out from under the Afghanistanis we set free from the overbearing, murdering Talibanis as well?

This time, it won't just be the Twin Towers, it's going to be the entire Manhattan and surround area.

Those turds in the Middle East are assembling nukes, and not for protection, either. It's for aggression and the blowing up of American high-population targets.

They've seen us run from Iraq. Now, they're thirsty to spit us out of Afghanistan as well.

What we need to do is get rid of Obama the Apologist. Instead of apologizing, he should have sent troops back.

There's no appeasing these creeps, and it won't be a shoe missile these bums send to Obama, that Bush throwing was just a warning.

Now that they think us weak under Obama, our military in order to protect youse guys in NYC will have to redouble with Congress and work around his whiney sorries and put those criminals in their place.

They will come right back after us.

They did the Towers in 1993.

They did the Towers in 2011

They'll do it again if we get whiney.

The only thing that works is strong force against an enemy before they're armed with nukes.

When that happens, they will do all of us they can.

You got Russia building a big base in Venezuella and drilling because stupid Obama gave them an open door when he took out American oil rigs from drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.

With Russia a few miles south of Florida, that puts other nuclear interests a few miles south of Florida, too.

You better wake up, Mr. Sallow.

"The error was inadvertent; I assure you that we will take the appropriate steps to avoid any recurrence, to include holding accountable those responsible."

World News - Obama apologizes to Afghanistan over Quran burnings; 2 U.S. troops shot dead

WTF does that mean?...

peace...

Agreed! When I read this first last night at World News I was trying to figure out what exactly this bold, kiss ass statement actually meant and what Sheik obama was or is going to do about it and why. Odd, but then this whole regime is odd no matter how one asses it.

Robert

Forum List

Back