The economy created 75k jobs in May

The job market has a lot of outdated models that cannot describe what is going on. As in the report a while back of more job openings than people looking for work. Is that negative UE or what? Given Mississippi basin flooding and the East Texas monsoon season is also a major problem. This kind of crap happens when an economic miracle due to deregulation happens.

The only thing Donald Trump has going for him so far is the economy. But if it slows down he's in trouble.
Only 75, 000 jobs added last month.
Economy added just 75,000 jobs in May, strengthening case for Fed interest rate cut
February's was really bad too.

We are past due for a recession....

trump could be setting up the perfect storm with his trade wars and economic incompetence.

With a good economy....we should be nearing a balanced budget (Clinton)...instead we are suffering record deficits.....with not a peep from the Tea Party or GOP budget hawks.

trump is setting the country up for a super recession....and as all Narcissist do...he will blame someone else....

Watch and Learn....

Those are poor numbers and it isn't just Trumps fault. Congress is too busy playing political games to deal with the problems we face so Trump is forced to do it solo.

This shit with Mexico is totally unnecessary but Congress is too committed to making sure Trump does not succeed at ANYTHING to actually work with him to solve the disaster on the southern border. Whatever the results of the border disaster become it is 1000000000% on the shoulders of the childlike representatives in control of the House.
Mexico is just trying to hold out in the Hope's that the left regain full control and they once again have push overs to deal with.

Personally I think Trump needs to stop this incremental game of chicken and just fucking HAMMER MEXICO with everything in his power.

Nice foul mouth.
Zero college?

He’s correct. So eat a bag of dicks, dim snowflake faggot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing Donald Trump has going for him so far is the economy. But if it slows down he's in trouble.
Economy added just 75,000 jobs in May, strengthening case for Fed interest rate cut
February's was really bad too.

We are past due for a recession....

trump could be setting up the perfect storm with his trade wars and economic incompetence.

With a good economy....we should be nearing a balanced budget (Clinton)...instead we are suffering record deficits.....with not a peep from the Tea Party or GOP budget hawks.

trump is setting the country up for a super recession....and as all Narcissist do...he will blame someone else....

Watch and Learn....
Sad but agree.

And the Trump lemmings will do what?

Blame Obama? Jump ship?

The stock market is going back up, and the Fed's next move will be to cut the interest rate, helping the stock market even more.
Trump will be fine in 2020 as long as he keeps the economy booming and people working.
The dem's shit show hasn't even started yet. Bring on the munchkins.

The ONLY reason(s) the stock market went up last week were: The Fed lowering rates, possibility of tariffs ending, Fed rate cuts, Fed rate cuts and Fed rate cuts.

Look at yesterday?

The jobs numbers came out - one of the worst job reports in years.

Result?

The markets BOOMED.

Why?

Because the bad jobs numbers means the economy is getting MUHC weaker which means...MORE RATE CUTS.

Dow jumps 260 points, posts best week since November after jobs report spurs rate-cut hopes

You know you economy is fucked up when terrible economic news causes equity markets to skyrocket because it means they will get access to more cheap money (of course, this has been - off and on - going on for many years).

If the Fed raised rates to historical norms...the economy would fucking TANK.

And a Recession on the horizon
Probably not.

While I agree that all the signs are there, there is an elephant in the room...The Fed.

They have already stated that - in essence - they won’t allow a recession. So they will do whatever it takes to stop one - lower interest rates, negative interest rates, more QE, whatever.

As a free enterprise guy - I despise the Fed.

Poor Jobs Report For May. March, April Numbers Revised Down. Bond Market Inverted, Liberals Celebrate

I fixed the thread title.

I have never voted Dem in my life - but I am celebrating the report.

The worse the economy - the better the odds Trump is gone.

He is a cancer and a danger to America and the economy is the ONLY thing people other then Trumpbots think he has done okay at. Take that away - and he is dead meat. Fantastic.

It’s too bad the economy has to suffer to remove that maggot from the WH. But that is that. Also, I warned people for years about Trump’s tariffs - so my conscious is clear.

I hope the next jobs report is even worse then this one.

Trump is FAR more of a danger to America/World then a recession is.

Last edited:

Everybody who wants one already has a job, dumbass!

Wrong dumbass.

There are over 96,000,000 eligible Americans out of work.

Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

But since the U-3 (which Trump rightly called a ‘hoax’, btw) does not count people who have given up looking for work...no matter how much they need a job; they are not officially counted.

Donald Trump Calls Unemployment Rate One of the "Biggest Hoaxes in Politics"

Learn to look past the headlines and you won’t make so many monumentally ridiculous statements.

ADP Research Institute on Wednesday released its estimate of private-sector job growth for May and dropped a few jaws. Not only did the news of just 27,000 new jobs being created for the month send gold prices soaring 1%, but it also sparked a Wall Street Journal story about how ADP gets no respect because it so often misses the jobs estimate put together each month by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Sure enough, the BLS announced Friday morning that the economy had generated 90,000 seasonally adjusted non-farm jobs in the private sector in May, but shed 15,000 jobs in the public sector, for a net gain of 75,000.

While that was nearly three times what ADP had estimated, it was 100,000 fewer jobs than the consensus of experts surveyed earlier in the week. Moreover, the previous estimate for job gains in April was revised from 263,000 to 224,000, and in March from 189,000 to 153,000. That lowered the gains for those two months by 75,000. The bureau includes as employed anyone who has worked even a single hour during the survey period, which takes place around the 12th of each month.

The poor jobs report isn't the only bad economic sign: The bond market is screaming 'recession'

Revised down. Again.

He still added jobs, despite the fact that the Democrat House is sitting around with their heads up their asses.
Did you praise Obama every time he added more than 1 job?

Everybody who wants one already has a job, dumbass!

Wrong dumbass.

There are over 96,000,000 eligible Americans out of work.

Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

But since the U-3 (which Trump rightly called a ‘hoax’, btw) does not count people who have given up looking for work...no matter how much they need a job; they are not officially counted.
The irony is that the 96 million figure you cite does not include the unemployed. You’re talking about those Not in the Labor Force.
Retirees, students, and stay home spouses who don’t want or need s job...disabled who can’t work... these are “eligible?”

Let’s break it down: A-38. Persons not in the labor force by desire and availability for work, age, and sex
Of of the 96,208,000 people not in the labor force: they either did not do anything at all to get a job between 21 April and 18 May or could not have started a job the week of 12-18 May.

Only 5.5 million of that 96 million said they actually wanted a job.
Only 2.2 million did anything to get a job since May 2018, and of that 2.2 million, only 1.195 of them were available to work the week of May 12th.

We call this group the “Marginslly Attached,” because while right now they are not available labor they are likely to start looking in the near future and they do represent a possible labor source.

Most stopped looking for work for personal or family reasons which are now resolved, but they just haven’t started looking yet.

Only 338,000 “gave up.” Yes, I know that doesn’t include those who gave up more than a year ago, but those people are no more likely to start looking for a job than people who say they don’t want one.

Why are they and the rest of the marginally attached not classified as unemployed? Because even if there were 3 jobs perfectly suited to them in their area, they still wouldn’t be hired because none of them actually applied for any jobs or sent out any resumes or even asked a friend or family to help them find one.

So if our goal is to measure how much AVAILABLE labor is not working, how is it a “hoax” to not include those who wouldn’t be working regardless of the number of jobs?

I don’t think you’ve ever answered that question.

Last edited:
Trump HAS NOT ended the Obama recovery. (and I mean that to his credit)

Thank you for the post.
That recovery only began as an end run circumventing Obama.
Fracking.
In spite of Obama and not at all because of him.

Got it. Your man, his fault, not your man, not his fault.

Look, I am not a Trump supporter but I don't have such a tight cheerleader skirt on that I can't give the man some credit.
Wrong. I’m assessing what happened. Not a partisan thing. An objective thing. But when one intentionally fucks things up you can be sure he’s not ‘my man’.

Your statement includes many deep facts on why one recovery wasn't one man's fault and why the continuation of a trend was entirely another man's fault.
Obama drove the price of energy up on purpose.
He did what was basically the same result of the 1973 Arab oil embargo and the 1979 Iranian revolution.
Except Obama did this one on purpose!

Looks like crude prices just recovered with our ability to pay after that 2008 disaster then they started going down.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Crude_oil_prices_since_1861.png

Crude_oil_prices_since_1861.png

This chart is a little different.

Crude Oil Prices - 70 Year Historical Chart

What are you looking at? Gas prices or something?

That recovery only began as an end run circumventing Obama.
Fracking.
In spite of Obama and not at all because of him.

Got it. Your man, his fault, not your man, not his fault.

Look, I am not a Trump supporter but I don't have such a tight cheerleader skirt on that I can't give the man some credit.
Wrong. I’m assessing what happened. Not a partisan thing. An objective thing. But when one intentionally fucks things up you can be sure he’s not ‘my man’.

Your statement includes many deep facts on why one recovery wasn't one man's fault and why the continuation of a trend was entirely another man's fault.
Obama drove the price of energy up on purpose.
He did what was basically the same result of the 1973 Arab oil embargo and the 1979 Iranian revolution.
Except Obama did this one on purpose!

Looks like crude prices just recovered with our ability to pay after that 2008 disaster then they started going down.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Crude_oil_prices_since_1861.png

Crude_oil_prices_since_1861.png

This chart is a little different.

Crude Oil Prices - 70 Year Historical Chart

What are you looking at? Gas prices or something?
Your chart backed up everything I said.

Forum List

Back