The Ebola Heroes

Btw, if Samaritan's Purse thinks they should self isolate, why don't they demand it of their employees/volunteers? Why are they depending on the government?

some do and the article mentions them in that context, so i'm pretty sure they do...

in their own homes sounds fine... why go on the subway one week after getting back and force others to be quarantined on account of you?
Right I hear you. That doctor was stupid. But if he wasn't symptomatic, aren't we over reacting?

Btw, if Samaritan's Purse thinks they should self isolate, why don't they demand it of their employees/volunteers? Why are they depending on the government?

some do and the article mentions them in that context, so i'm pretty sure they do...
I'd like to see the stats on that as they are bad mouthing the CDC when the CDC saved the lives of at least two of their medical workers. smells like political hackery.

Thus far...not a single American in any subway, airplane, shopping mall, bowling alley, strip club, restaurant, swimming pool, bus, bar, park, school, office building, zoo, amusement park.................has been exposed to the Ebola virus.

Stop freakng out.

Anyway, Val, I appreciate discussing this with you. Refreshing to talk to someone without an agenda....it's almost like talking to myself, lol.

People. People. People!

Obama is President!

No need to fear! It's only Ebola.

Liberals will fight it to your last dollar and would willingly throw someone else at the virus!

Thus far...not a single American in any subway, airplane, shopping mall, bowling alley, strip club, restaurant, swimming pool, bus, bar, park, school, office building, zoo, amusement park.................has been exposed to the Ebola virus.

Stop freakng out.

That's not true at all you fucking hack.

Stop freakng out.

Of course it is. You are a frightened fool.

in their own homes sounds fine... why go on the subway one week after getting back and force others to be quarantined on account of you?
Right I hear you. That doctor was stupid. But if he wasn't symptomatic, aren't we over reacting?

you mean maybe we let his close contacts take the nyc city subway instead of quarantine them? maybe we are over reacting by quarantining them?? that gets to my point that IF the situation calls for immediate 21 day quarantine of contacts who were MAYBE exposed, why on earth would the situation not call for quarantine of KNOWN overt exposure...?

Stop freakng out.

I'm not worried about Ebola. I'm worried that we have Obama as President and people like you and g5000 who want to drink the bodily fluids of the infected.

I'd like to see the stats on that as they are bad mouthing the CDC when the CDC saved the lives of at least two of their medical workers. smells like political hackery.

okay, i have no idea about the politics but they are just saying they think it's the better policy and i agree with the better policy... sounds like they self isolate ''some do" is your stat. so far the CDC does not require self isolation of returning workers which i wonder why considering those who have contact are immediately isolated and they are hyping up the public over it, speaking of hackery...

Stop freakng out.

I'm not worried about Ebola. I'm worried that we have Obama as President and people like you and g5000 who want to drink the bodily fluids of the infected.

Is that right? You aren't afraid of Ebola? You are just worried about Obama?

That's not crazy. Not at all.

]

if the doctor was stupid, and the msnbc reporter was stupid, aren't we also being stupid for not self isolating overt exposure?

Stop freakng out.

Short of spraying Ebola with a crop duster, Obama and his moronic CDC head Frieden are doing everything in their power to create a true outbreak in the USA

g5000 has some truly fucked up heroes too. Not the Marines at Chosin Reservoir who fought non-stop for days, oh no, it's the brave ChiComs who were given the choice: Charge or get shot

Stop freakng out.

Short of spraying Ebola with a crop duster, Obama and his moronic CDC head Frieden are doing everything in their power to create a true outbreak in the USA

Of course they are. And the reason is so obvious. Right?

When the Chinese swarmed over the Korean border and escalated the war there, the ones in front threw themselves on the barbed wire fences so their comrades behind them could get past our defenses.

That is some chilling shit right there. That kind of hardcore self-sacrifice for the good of the whole.

Well, folks, that's what these doctors and nurses have been doing on our behalf in Africa. They have been taking huge risks, with some of them catching the bullet, in order to save the world from a pandemic.

I find it utterly disgusting their sacrifices have been perverted by fearmongering assholes who want the rubes shitting in the pants so they stay tuned for the commercials for gold-plated commemorative coins and HGH.

We should be greeting these amazing and courageous doctors and nurses back home as the heroes they are, and placing them on the highest pedestals we can make.

That is all.
Doctors Without Borders have been there from the beginning. They are risking their lives and treating thousands of patients. If you care about controlling Ebola, these are the people on the front lines and they desire our support.

In today's globalized world, banning travel from other countries is not a solution. If we don't stop Ebola now in west Africa, it will spread through out Africa to every country on earth.

The US is a world leader. If we dedicate ourselves to the fight, other nations will follow as many already have done but if we bury our heads in the sand, close our boarders to infected countries, and just hope it all goes away, we will be fighting this disease in every major city in America.

speaking of ebola heroes... the first nurse got released today. :)

Nina Pham was the first person to catch Ebola on U.S. soil, and now, 13 days after testing positive, she has been declared free of the deadly disease.

Her first order of business will be to hug her dog, Bentley, she said Friday.

She invoked God and science in expressing gratitude for her ongoing recovery from a disease that has no established cure.

"I feel fortunate and blessed to be standing here today," she said. "Throughout this ordeal, I have put my faith in God and my medical team."

Nina Pham beat Ebola now it s back to normal. - CNN.com

UR6inLW.jpg

These people are medical experts on ebola and should know the risk they represent to the people they come in contact with.
Anyone that has been in contact with Ebola patients in West Africa and returning to the US should at least maintain a 21 day self quarantine.

Forum List

Back