The Ebola Heroes

It would be great if everyone would step back and take a calm, rational approach to this issue.

This virus is simply not that easy to catch. By the time an infected person becomes contagious.....nobody besides immediate caregivers are in any real danger of catching it.

The only real reason that USMB nutters are calling for quarantines is that the POTUS has not.

Also because they're in a dither of fear. RWs here are notoriously fact-challenged. They don't pay attention to facts because that's not what they get from Faux, Limbaugh etc.

What a truly sick fuck you are! Your chicom heroes had guys with machine guns in back of them so they only choice was hop the fence or shot in the back.

Trying to infect others with Ebola is heroic.

What a sick sick fuck

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk
Another pants shitter chimes in!
Stfu you sick Chicom worshipping fuck.

Someone is terribly confused. Perhaps the RF radiation from his cell phone is interfering with his two brain cells.
Truly shut the fuck up and go drink some infected body fluids from one of your heroic Ebola disease vectors

You must be one of those true Christian's...

You must be someone's sock

Does anyone still wonder why Progressive run cities, states and countries, like Detroit, Camden, East Germany and Mao's China are the most destitute, crime-ridden, unsafe and unsanitary shit holes on the planet?

Someone is terribly confused. Perhaps the RF radiation from his cell phone is interfering with his two brain cells.
Truly shut the fuck up and go drink some infected body fluids from one of your heroic Ebola disease vectors

Oh, I must be...

Judge-Judy-Eye-Roll-Thumb.gif

You say that every time someone makes a fool out of you. Which is all the time.

Stop hiding behind these constant weenie accusations about socks. Its right out of junior high.

If you believe that, why don't you grow a pair, abide by board rules and report the proof to the mods.

Stop hiding behind these constant weenie accusations about socks. Its right out of junior high.

If you believe that, why don't you grow a pair, abide by board rules and report the proof to the mods.

I can't "Prove" that Zona, Bodecca, Pete, Guno, Hazlnut and others are sock accounts, I know they are

I can't "Prove" Carla is a sock, I just know she is.

I can't "Prove" that Zona, Bodecca, Pete, Guno, Hazlnut and others are sock accounts, I know they are

Lunatic.

Lunatic.

Uh huh.

LOLz

You know best

Lunatic.

Uh huh.

LOLz

You know best

Oh well, Obama is coming to get you, and he's going to stick you in a FEMA camp, along with your other paranoid RWer friends. LOL! That's right after he cancels the next election. :beer:

Common sense. The NY doc should have been quarantined as well.

"In the wake of the first confirmed Ebola virus case in New York City, the states of New York and New Jersey have set up a new screening system that goes above and beyond the guidelines already set up by federal officials.
As CBS 2’s Alice Gainer reported, no other states have yet set up increased screening procedures for Ebola.

“We believe it’s appropriate to increase the current screening procedures from people coming from affected countries from the current (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention screening procedures),” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Friday afternoon. “We believe it within the State of New York and the State of New Jersey’s legal rights.”

Under the new rules, state officials will establish a risk level by considering the countries that people have visited and their level of possible exposure to Ebola."

New York New Jersey Set Up Quarantine Requirement Amid Ebola Threat CBS New York

Oh, that's RIGHT! I forgot all about the FEMA camps.

Any day now. The Army is cummin fer you and yer gunz, weighted down with 1.6 billion rounds of ammo to plug ya full of holes.

Ebola is their way of thinnin the herd first, see.

I get it now. The timetable has FINALLY begun. It took 'em six years to get going, but now things are a rollin along nicely.

BECAUSE SLAVRY!

Shit. I just spilt some Kool-Aid on my bib overalls.

Ebola, what's the big deal?

Obama is going to close the Level IV Biocontainment facilities like he closed Gitmo and for the same reason, they're no longer necessary!

Obama: Lowered the seas, tamed Ebola. Praise be His Holy Name!

When the Chinese swarmed over the Korean border and escalated the war there, the ones in front threw themselves on the barbed wire fences so their comrades behind them could get past our defenses.

That is some chilling shit right there. That kind of hardcore self-sacrifice for the good of the whole.

Well, folks, that's what these doctors and nurses have been doing on our behalf in Africa. They have been taking huge risks, with some of them catching the bullet, in order to save the world from a pandemic.

I find it utterly disgusting their sacrifices have been perverted by fearmongering assholes who want the rubes shitting in the pants so they stay tuned for the commercials for gold-plated commemorative coins and HGH.

We should be greeting these amazing and courageous doctors and nurses back home as the heroes they are, and placing them on the highest pedestals we can make.

That is all.

I couldn't agree more. And after each and everyone of them is quarantined for at least 21 days after they return, Obama should give each one of them the Medal of Freedom.

It would be great if everyone would step back and take a calm, rational approach to this issue.

This virus is simply not that easy to catch. By the time an infected person becomes contagious.....nobody besides immediate caregivers are in any real danger of catching it.

The only real reason that USMB nutters are calling for quarantines is that the POTUS has not.

Also because they're in a dither of fear. RWs here are notoriously fact-challenged. They don't pay attention to facts because that's not what they get from Faux, Limbaugh etc.

no, it's not fear or partisanship, with me anyway, it's what makes perfect sense...

NYC is now wasting tons of resources to retrace this guys steps and quarantine OTHERS which could have been EASILY avoided...and three weeks from now we are heading into thanksgiving..gawd what a cluster eff of WASTE!

i'm still waiting for anyone to explain to me the difference between what this non symptomatic doctor did by getting on the nyc subway one week after returning from his mission treating ebola patients, one day after he started to feel 'run down' (but no fever yet, so let's ride the subway to go bowling!) and what NBC reporter nancy silverman did?? is there a difference in the irresponsibility??
No, there is no difference really. They were both irresponsible asses.

Not sure about mandatory quarantines though. You would think doctors would have enough brains to voluntarily quarantine themselves.

his wife and friends are now under mandatory quarantine... why? they aren't symptomatic...

massive resources are now retracing his steps... it's just foolish!

he had overt exposure over there so the CDC should require preventive 21 day quarantine imo.

Where would you quarantine them though?

any cdc designated medical facility will do... or AT LEAST require them to self isolate.

Under current CDC protocols, medical workers who return from West Africa are not quarantined unless they have reported symptoms. Each person is advised to monitor their temperature daily and immediately report if they are feeling ill.

Spencer, who had returned from Guinea one week before displaying symptoms, checked himself into a nearby hospital as soon as he noticed a fever. In between that time, he had left his apartment numerous times, using the subway and a taxi.

Three people in New York are now quarantined because of their potential contact with Spencer, though health officials say none have reported symptoms.

Some lawmakers, including Rep. Tim Murphy (R-Pa.) have already argued that the protocols for returning health workers are too lax. Murphy said late Thursday that anyone returning from the area should face a 21-day mandatory quarantine.

The Obama administration recently announced that every person who returns from West Africa — including medical workers and journalists — will have to self-report their temperature for 21 days. They are not required to self-isolate during that time.

The White House, however, pushed back on the idea of a mandatory quarantine as recently as Friday afternoon.

The issue of a quarantine was a central focus of Friday’s four-hour hearing by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Out of the nearly two-dozen lawmakers who attended, a majority called for stronger protocols for potentially exposed travelers — including doctors.

The committee’s ranking member, Rep. Elijiah Cummings (D-Md.), later told reporters that he would consider the proposal.

“I want us to do whatever is necessary to make sure that our people are safe,” Cummings said. “If there are areas where I think we can more effective and efficient, then we need to take a look at those.”

Some humanitarian aid groups already ask their staff to quarantine themselves after returning from West Africa. Under CDC policy, they would not need to isolate themselves, which Samaritan’s Purse vice president Ken Isaacs has said sends a signal that they “can live a normal life.”

“I don’t think that’s safe. Samaritan's Purse doesn't think that’s safe,” Isaacs told The Hill last week.

Reports CDC mulling Ebola quarantines TheHill

i'm still waiting for anyone to explain to me the difference between what this non symptomatic doctor did by getting on the nyc subway one week after returning from his mission treating ebola patients, one day after he started to feel 'run down' (but no fever yet, so let's ride the subway to go bowling!) and what NBC reporter nancy silverman did?? is there a difference in the irresponsibility??

Not sure about mandatory quarantines though. You would think doctors would have enough brains to voluntarily quarantine themselves.

his wife and friends are now under mandatory quarantine... why? they aren't symptomatic...

he had overt exposure over there so the CDC should require preventive 21 day quarantine imo.

any cdc designated medical facility will do... or AT LEAST require them to self isolate.

Under current CDC protocols, medical workers who return from West Africa are not quarantined unless they have reported symptoms. Each person is advised to monitor their temperature daily and immediately report if they are feeling ill.

Spencer, who had returned from Guinea one week before displaying symptoms, checked himself into a nearby hospital as soon as he noticed a fever. In between that time, he had left his apartment numerous times, using the subway and a taxi.

Three people in New York are now quarantined because of their potential contact with Spencer, though health officials say none have reported symptoms.

Some lawmakers, including Rep. Tim Murphy (R-Pa.) have already argued that the protocols for returning health workers are too lax. Murphy said late Thursday that anyone returning from the area should face a 21-day mandatory quarantine.

The Obama administration recently announced that every person who returns from West Africa — including medical workers and journalists — will have to self-report their temperature for 21 days. They are not required to self-isolate during that time.

The White House, however, pushed back on the idea of a mandatory quarantine as recently as Friday afternoon.

The issue of a quarantine was a central focus of Friday’s four-hour hearing by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Out of the nearly two-dozen lawmakers who attended, a majority called for stronger protocols for potentially exposed travelers — including doctors.

The committee’s ranking member, Rep. Elijiah Cummings (D-Md.), later told reporters that he would consider the proposal.

“I want us to do whatever is necessary to make sure that our people are safe,” Cummings said. “If there are areas where I think we can more effective and efficient, then we need to take a look at those.”

Some humanitarian aid groups already ask their staff to quarantine themselves after returning from West Africa. Under CDC policy, they would not need to isolate themselves, which Samaritan’s Purse vice president Ken Isaacs has said sends a signal that they “can live a normal life.”

“I don’t think that’s safe. Samaritan's Purse doesn't think that’s safe,” Isaacs told The Hill last week.

So they should sign on to do this before they go.

yeah, something like that... don't you think it only makes sense? otherwise if it's not so contagious why are they now quarantining others...others who are not yet symptomatic. now they get stuck!

Btw, if Samaritan's Purse thinks they should self isolate, why don't they demand it of their employees/volunteers? Why are they depending on the government?

yeah, something like that... don't you think it only makes sense? otherwise if it's not so contagious why are they now quarantining others...others who are not yet symptomatic. now they get stuck!
So you think they should isolate in their own homes? I guess what worries me is quarantining people in groups, which would expose some needlessly.

in their own homes sounds fine... why go on the subway one week after getting back and force others to be quarantined on account of you?

Forum List

Back