The Dream Act

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Ten Things You Need To Know About S.3827, The DREAM Act

1. The DREAM Act Is NOT Limited to Children, And It Will Be Funded On the Backs Of Hard Working, Law-Abiding Americans

2. The DREAM Act PROVIDES SAFE HARBOR FOR ANY ALIEN, Including Criminals, From Being Removed or Deported If They Simply Submit An Application

3. Certain Criminal Aliens Will Be Eligible For Amnesty Under The DREAM Act

4. Estimates Suggest That At Least 2.1 Million Illegal Aliens Will Be Eligible For the DREAM Act Amnesty. In Reality, We Have No Idea How Many Illegal Aliens Will Apply

5. Illegal Aliens Will Get In-State Tuition Benefits

6. The DREAM Act Does Not Require That An Illegal Alien Finish Any Type of Degree (Vocational, Two-Year, or Bachelor’s Degree) As A Condition of Amnesty

7. The DREAM Act does not require that an illegal alien serve in the military as a condition for amnesty, and There is ALREADY A Legal Process In Place For Illegal Aliens to Obtain U.S. Citizenship Through Military Service

8. Despite Their Current Illegal Status, DREAM Act Aliens Will Be Given All The Rights That Legal Immigrants Receive—Including The Legal Right To Sponsor Their Parents and Extended Family Members For Immigration

9. Current Illegal Aliens Will Get Federal Student Loans, Federal Work Study Programs, and Other Forms of Federal Financial Aid

10. DHS Is Prohibited From Using the Information Provided By Illegal Aliens Whose DREAM Act Amnesty Applications Are Denied To Initiate Their Removal Proceedings or Investigate or Prosecute Fraud in the Application Process

Michelle Malkin

9 and 10 really bother me. What say you?

I have a horrible gut feeling that the Dream Act just may pass. There are enough republicans that will go along and not knowing the effect it will have on blind amnesty for the parents,etc. Putting the children on a path to citizenship will make it harder to enforce our immigraiton laws and deportation of the parent. Almost impossible. Making Comprehensive Immigraiton Reform a moot issue.

1. The DREAM Act Is NOT Limited to Children, And It Will Be Funded On the Backs Of Hard Working, Law-Abiding Americans

2. The DREAM Act PROVIDES SAFE HARBOR FOR ANY ALIEN, Including Criminals, From Being Removed or Deported If They Simply Submit An Application

3. Certain Criminal Aliens Will Be Eligible For Amnesty Under The DREAM Act

4. Estimates Suggest That At Least 2.1 Million Illegal Aliens Will Be Eligible For the DREAM Act Amnesty. In Reality, We Have No Idea How Many Illegal Aliens Will Apply

5. Illegal Aliens Will Get In-State Tuition Benefits

6. The DREAM Act Does Not Require That An Illegal Alien Finish Any Type of Degree (Vocational, Two-Year, or Bachelor’s Degree) As A Condition of Amnesty

7. The DREAM Act does not require that an illegal alien serve in the military as a condition for amnesty, and There is ALREADY A Legal Process In Place For Illegal Aliens to Obtain U.S. Citizenship Through Military Service

8. Despite Their Current Illegal Status, DREAM Act Aliens Will Be Given All The Rights That Legal Immigrants Receive—Including The Legal Right To Sponsor Their Parents and Extended Family Members For Immigration

9. Current Illegal Aliens Will Get Federal Student Loans, Federal Work Study Programs, and Other Forms of Federal Financial Aid

10. DHS Is Prohibited From Using the Information Provided By Illegal Aliens Whose DREAM Act Amnesty Applications Are Denied To Initiate Their Removal Proceedings or Investigate or Prosecute Fraud in the Application Process

Michelle Malkin

The whole thing bothers REAL Americans. Anytime an American finds a invader, it is his duty to report them. It is the duty of the American government to protect US citizens and patriots from these evil ones. If not, then we Americans are obligated to rebel and remove those who conspire against the American people.

Its a foregone conclusion it is going to be passed in the house. The Senate is another story and the Dems say they have 53 votes right now, need 60. Here is a list of Sen. that are on the fence, some of the Dems may aleady be in the 53 but they need 7 Repubs.
Democrats
Max Baucus (Montana), Kay Hagan (North Carolina), Mary Landrieu (Louisiana), Joe Manchin (West Virginia), Claire McCaskill (Missouri), Ben Nelson (Nebraska), Mark Pryor (Arkansas), Jon Tester (Montana)
Republicans
Bob Bennett (Utah), Scott Brown (Massachusetts), Sam Brownback (Kansas), Susan Collins (Maine), Lindsey Graham (South Carolina), Judd Gregg (New Hampshire), Orrin Hatch (Utah), George LeMieux (Florida), Richard Lugar (Indiana), John McCain (Arizona), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), Olympia Snowe (Maine), George Voinovich (Ohio)

I was put off by all of them, but number 7, in particular; I've never had a problem with foreign nationals being able to enlist in our military, and have served with them. But four years should be the minimum (this is 2-years and hardly exceeds basic, infantry, and specialty school training), and they shoud be required to perform the same rigors for citizenship as anyone else seeking naturalization.

I was put off by all of them, but number 7, in particular; I've never had a problem with foreign nationals being able to enlist in our military, and have served with them. But four years should be the minimum (this is 2-years and hardly exceeds basic, infantry, and specialty school training), and they shoud be required to perform the same rigors for citizenship as anyone else seeking naturalization.

Where do you think foreign gang members get their training?

The whole thing bothers REAL Americans. Anytime an American finds a invader, it is his duty to report them. It is the duty of the American government to protect US citizens and patriots from these evil ones. If not, then we Americans are obligated to rebel and remove those who conspire against the American people.[/QUOTE]

Real Americans? unless you are a native american, you are a real american. To all the people who is out there fighting or arguing not to pass this, I ask you are you an Native American? Because if you are not then some part of your past family was once illegal in here. I believe they struggled just as other people are stugguling now. Why deny this if this was once your ancestor's drem. Why deny this if we are all supposed to be equal. Put yourself in someone else's shoes and you will see that the statue of liberty says that th United States of America is an open door. If it was open for you why close it now?

The term "American" signifies a citizen of the US! Do we call Brazilian's Americans? Technically they are since the live in South America but the word has a duality meaning and the context of the sentence or paragraph defines the meaning.

Trying to equate today's illegal immigration to the settlement of America is an exercise in futility. Back then the area was unsettled and wild, today the area is settle and organized and has laws. It is these laws which we, as a country, are struggling to design and enforce.

The door to imigration is not close but regulated. Unregulated imigration would lead to overcrowding, labor issues, and other problems. Problems already arising in places like Cali and zona and Texas. Schools would be unable to seat or provide for everyone, medical facilites would overwhelmed. That is why there is regulation and why it needs to be enforced.

The whole thing bothers REAL Americans. Anytime an American finds a invader, it is his duty to report them. It is the duty of the American government to protect US citizens and patriots from these evil ones. If not, then we Americans are obligated to rebel and remove those who conspire against the American people.

Real Americans? unless you are a native american, you are a real american. To all the people who is out there fighting or arguing not to pass this, I ask you are you an Native American? Because if you are not then some part of your past family was once illegal in here. I believe they struggled just as other people are stugguling now. Why deny this if this was once your ancestor's drem. Why deny this if we are all supposed to be equal. Put yourself in someone else's shoes and you will see that the statue of liberty says that th United States of America is an open door. If it was open for you why close it now?

Since when have the Latin American invaders actually improved anything in the United States like the Europeans that were settlers and those true immigrants that followed them.

The United States, like the rest of the world, belongs to God and He chooses who should be here. 500 years of whitemen should give you a clue. Those who were here first were a backward race who ignored God. The Latin Americans who are invading now are evil ones who also ignore God. Let see who wins.

Until you can find people who will improve civilization by immigrating here the door should be closed.

I have a horrible gut feeling that the Dream Act just may pass. There are enough republicans that will go along and not knowing the effect it will have on blind amnesty for the parents,etc. Putting the children on a path to citizenship will make it harder to enforce our immigraiton laws and deportation of the parent. Almost impossible. Making Comprehensive Immigraiton Reform a moot issue.
I swear there will be an uprising in this country if they pass this crap!

The term "American" signifies a citizen of the US! Do we call Brazilian's Americans? Technically they are since the live in South America but the word has a duality meaning and the context of the sentence or paragraph defines the meaning.

Trying to equate today's illegal immigration to the settlement of America is an exercise in futility. Back then the area was unsettled and wild, today the area is settle and organized and has laws. It is these laws which we, as a country, are struggling to design and enforce.

The door to imigration is not close but regulated. Unregulated imigration would lead to overcrowding, labor issues, and other problems. Problems already arising in places like Cali and zona and Texas. Schools would be unable to seat or provide for everyone, medical facilites would overwhelmed. That is why there is regulation and why it needs to be enforced.
Yes, thank you!

this is garbage policy making. many mexicans carry hundreds or thousands in cash on their person while they hustle for work at nursuries. employers lobby hundreds of millions for bills like this. no amnesty which doesn't charge $5 grand or so per head for a visa is bullshit in my opinion. it's time the government start earning its own money instead of taxing americans or borrowing it on the market.

this is garbage policy making. many mexicans carry hundreds or thousands in cash on their person while they hustle for work at nursuries. employers lobby hundreds of millions for bills like this. no amnesty which doesn't charge $5 grand or so per head for a visa is bullshit in my opinion. it's time the government start earning its own money instead of taxing americans or borrowing it on the market.

Make the country of origin pay up. Mexico would go broke and Americans could get free lawn care for life.

I'm a native American. I was born in Massachusetts. That makes me a native American. You also might want to learn how to spell. It will help you look slightly less stupid than your logic does.

If someone was brought here illegally as a child then I have no problem with them being allowed to earn citizenship through military service, but it should be four years, not two. It's not fair to tell someone who was brought here through no choice of their own at age five that they have to go back to a country that they may not remember, not know anybody, or even speak the language. Someone brought here that young is no less American than you or I.

It sure does sound like a dream come true to me....if you're an illegal.

Sounds like it could be a big boon for matchbox colleges and internet diploma mills. Esp. if they can qualify for govt cheese.

Coming soon; La Institucion de Chanel

Its a foregone conclusion it is going to be passed in the house. The Senate is another story and the Dems say they have 53 votes right now, need 60. Here is a list of Sen. that are on the fence, some of the Dems may aleady be in the 53 but they need 7 Repubs.
Democrats
Max Baucus (Montana), Kay Hagan (North Carolina), Mary Landrieu (Louisiana), Joe Manchin (West Virginia), Claire McCaskill (Missouri), Ben Nelson (Nebraska), Mark Pryor (Arkansas), Jon Tester (Montana)
Republicans
Bob Bennett (Utah), Scott Brown (Massachusetts), Sam Brownback (Kansas), Susan Collins (Maine), Lindsey Graham (South Carolina), Judd Gregg (New Hampshire), Orrin Hatch (Utah), George LeMieux (Florida), Richard Lugar (Indiana), John McCain (Arizona), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), Olympia Snowe (Maine), George Voinovich (Ohio)

Is that the same Scott Brown who was the Hero of the Right...the last hope to save America?

10 states including California already give in state tuition to illegals. Out of state American kids pay double.

In 2005 a group of out-of-state students sued California’s public university and community college system for illegally charging them higher tuition and fees than undocumented immigrants. In 2008 the state’s Third District Court of Appeals sided with the students, ruling that federal law prohibits California from granting in-state tuition to persons who lack lawful immigration status unless it grants the same rate to all U.S. citizens, regardless of where they live.

In its ruling the Sacramento-based appellate court cites a 1996 immigration reform law that says a person who is in the country illegally is not eligible for any state or local public assistance, including any postsecondary education benefit. California is one of ten states—including Texas, Utah, Oklahoma and Maryland—that offer illegal immigrants discounted tuition at public colleges.

To preserve the costly benefit for illegal immigrants, California officials appealed despite widespread student protests over huge tuition hikes to offset deep funding cuts. Ruling unanimously in favor of illegal aliens this week, the state’s Supreme Court said California doesn’t violate federal immigration laws that prohibit states from giving illegal immigrants a public benefit not provided to U.S. citizens because the perk is available to both groups. Legal residents and U.S. citizens who graduate from a California high school can also get discounted college tuition, the ruling points out.

Besides, the justices write in their 25-page ruling:“It cannot be the case that states may never give a benefit to unlawful aliens without giving the same benefit to all American citizens.”
:eek:

Court Says Taxpayers Must Keep Financing Illegal Aliens? Education | Judicial Watch

Not only are they taking the spots of American kids; many are getting a free ride. Sucks for that PA kid accepted to UCLA. Good ole CA. :evil:

If the Dream Act passes it will be a big mistake. I will bet my last cent that 90% of these students will drop out of college once it's passed. Therefore #6 is the more bothersome to me. Then what????

Forum List

Back