The Dream Act

We are paying 100 percent of our kids' college tuition. They do not qualify for any aid and I'm ok with that. We have good jobs and have saved since the kids were babies. What I'm not ok with is the inevitible tax and tuition increases that this will cause. Who's going to pay for it? Once again, people who do the right thing will be punished for it. Enough already. Contact your lawmakers.

The last person I'd go to for a source on any issue is Michelle Malkin. Though I hope the irony is not lost on anybody that someone who would be considered an anchor baby by GOP standards is railing against people receiving the same benefits she did.

Malkin's parents were illegal? Source please.

If you have any facts that suggest that this info is false, or would like to share with us how the DREAM Act will benefit the country without any additional costs, please share.

Malkin's parents were illegal? Source please.

If you have any facts that suggest that this info is false, or would like to share with us how the DREAM Act will benefit the country without any additional costs, please share.

I second it..........

The whole thing bothers REAL Americans. Anytime an American finds a invader, it is his duty to report them. It is the duty of the American government to protect US citizens and patriots from these evil ones. If not, then we Americans are obligated to rebel and remove those who conspire against the American people.

Real Americans? unless you are a native american, you are a real american. To all the people who is out there fighting or arguing not to pass this, I ask you are you an Native American? Because if you are not then some part of your past family was once illegal in here. I believe they struggled just as other people are stugguling now. Why deny this if this was once your ancestor's drem. Why deny this if we are all supposed to be equal. Put yourself in someone else's shoes and you will see that the statue of liberty says that th United States of America is an open door. If it was open for you why close it now?

Bullshit.... my family migrated here from Italy and Ireland at the turn of the last century.

They did it legally...

Yes I am a native American!

No one is denying anyone from migrating to America.... what we (at least the sane ones are) are asking is that they do it legally. We need to know who is coming over our borders so we can know who you are and if you are a good candidate to become a citizen.

The statue of Liberty DOES'NT say we are an open country.... WE ARE A SOVEREIGN NATION! What defines a nation? Borders, language, and culture.... plain and simple.

So no America was'nt an open to me.... I was born here of AMERICAN parents, whose parents fought in 2 World Wars and earned the right to be called AMERICANS!

Last edited:
The last person I'd go to for a source on any issue is Michelle Malkin. Though I hope the irony is not lost on anybody that someone who would be considered an anchor baby by GOP standards is railing against people receiving the same benefits she did.

Any CREDIBLE source for that driblle?

Yeah.... didnt think so
:eusa_whistle:

Ten Things You Need To Know About S.3827, The DREAM Act

1. The DREAM Act Is NOT Limited to Children, And It Will Be Funded On the Backs Of Hard Working, Law-Abiding Americans

2. The DREAM Act PROVIDES SAFE HARBOR FOR ANY ALIEN, Including Criminals, From Being Removed or Deported If They Simply Submit An Application

3. Certain Criminal Aliens Will Be Eligible For Amnesty Under The DREAM Act

4. Estimates Suggest That At Least 2.1 Million Illegal Aliens Will Be Eligible For the DREAM Act Amnesty. In Reality, We Have No Idea How Many Illegal Aliens Will Apply

5. Illegal Aliens Will Get In-State Tuition Benefits

6. The DREAM Act Does Not Require That An Illegal Alien Finish Any Type of Degree (Vocational, Two-Year, or Bachelor’s Degree) As A Condition of Amnesty

7. The DREAM Act does not require that an illegal alien serve in the military as a condition for amnesty, and There is ALREADY A Legal Process In Place For Illegal Aliens to Obtain U.S. Citizenship Through Military Service

8. Despite Their Current Illegal Status, DREAM Act Aliens Will Be Given All The Rights That Legal Immigrants Receive—Including The Legal Right To Sponsor Their Parents and Extended Family Members For Immigration

9. Current Illegal Aliens Will Get Federal Student Loans, Federal Work Study Programs, and Other Forms of Federal Financial Aid

10. DHS Is Prohibited From Using the Information Provided By Illegal Aliens Whose DREAM Act Amnesty Applications Are Denied To Initiate Their Removal Proceedings or Investigate or Prosecute Fraud in the Application Process

Michelle Malkin

9 and 10 really bother me. What say you?

no. 5. - our state has a busted educ. UNV system , they have raised tuition based on their claims they cannot meet their operating costs etc...so, question, when these folks take a spot that could have gone to a student, from out of state paying the extra costs, who pays the difference?

Oh and 2.1 Million my cottage cheese a$$. lets get real.

Last edited:
A new report from the Center for Immigration Studies says the so-called DREAM Act, which would give more than 2 million young immigrants brought to the United States before the age of 16 a chance to become legal residents, could erode the educational opportunities available to U.S. citizens.

The report, "Estimating the Impact of the DREAM Act," comes as Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, seeks an analysis from the Congressional Budget Office of the legislation's cost before there's a vote. King, who issued a letter Wednesday afternoon to CBO, claims Senate Democrats are hiding an analysis that shows the legislation will cost upwards of $20 billion.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is trying to muster the 60 votes necessary to move to an up-or-down on the measure in the final weeks of the lame-duck session but Republicans are blocking all legislation until Congress votes on extending the Bush tax cuts for all households and funding for the government.

Reid has infuriated Republicans by pushing four different versions of the bill without a hearing on any of them. The latest version lowers from 35 to 30 the age at which an illegal immigrant would be eligible to go through the program.
Read more: DREAM Act Would Cost Taxpayers $6.2 Billion Per Year, Group Says - FoxNews.com

Predictions?

Forum List

Back