The downside to Obama's illegal worker permit play that is being ignored

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grampa Murked U, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,967
    First off I will admit that something needs to be done about our illegal problem. I could support a similar plan for those in similar situations if it was done AFTER the border was deemed secure and with congresses approval. I can not support Obama usurping congress nor doing it at a time when so many American citizens are struggling to get by or have no jobs at all. Flooding the workforce with 800000 new "legit" workers is not the solution to our UE problems. In fact it is pure insanity. Remove the politics from this and scrutinize the issue without ideology or compassion.

1. This WILL encourage others to get into the country as quickly as possible to plant roots they can claim are decades old.

2. Metropolitian areas, with already high illegal populations, will now have their social services innundated with new applicants at a time when local municipalities are already struggling to stay afloat financially. (possibly taking money away from the sacred teachers, firefighters and police)

3. Those same areas that already have supressed wages due to illegal influxes will see no end in sight for below average wages.

4. People like me who are in the construction industry in markets with high illegal populations will either hire said illegals to save money thereby costing American jobs. Or as in my case, will have to compete on an unlevel playing field because of the contractors that do hire them. The construction industry is very cut throught as it is withought adding a bunch of low wage workers to it.

5. Additional crime which will stretch already thin local law enforcement.

6. UE is 8%+ so why the fuck are we adding nearly a million new unnecessary workers to the damn workforce??????!!!!!!!!

7. So we add 800000 to the workforce. How many more untold numbers will show up and work as illegals causing us even more job losses?

8. Social safety nets that are already stretched to the max will now be broken and more taxes will be demanded as a result.

If you remove the political element of this situation and look at it with unbiased eyes you will see that there is simply no upside for America.

IF YOU THINK I AM WRONG PLEASE POINT OUT WHAT THE UPSIDES ARE FOR OUR NATION.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,967
    Nothing? No one?

3. Gremlin-USA

Gremlin-USA <<< Me in 1970

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +186
    Well, from the original story, it would seem most of the 800k are over 18, since Obama is doing his best to destroy voter ID laws, it would only seem like he is doing this to get 800k new voters.... he will need every last vote he can get :)

4. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,708
    Not to mention how irate this will make the independent voters and are those illegal immigrants "likely voters"? I think not.

5. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    This isn't going to have an effect on crime. The young illegals are already committing crimes. Pedro Espinosa, the guy who gunned down Jamile Shaw in front of his house was just such an illegal that obama just gave amnesty to. He was brought here as a two year old and grew up to be a spanish speaking killer. Espinosa got the death penalty so we'll be supporting him for many years to come.

6. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,967
    I heard several independent and democratic voices on the various radio call in shows today. It was a resounding repudiation of this position. Some even went so far as to say that this issue changed their votes.

7. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,774
    well aside from the fact that he just slapped all the legal applicants standing in line to get in right in their legal faces..

I had zero admirations for this idiot and have even less now, he's just a political thug from the hood in chicago and I'm sick to death of him.

8. thanatos144

thanatos144 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,332
    The downside to this truly is how weak it makes us look and how many jobs this destroys. The whole they do jobs us Americans wont is bullshit cause when I was looking for a job I would have cleaned toilets to feed my family.

9. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,967
    Im hoping someone that supports this fiasco can point out some upsides for our nation.

anyone?

10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,774
    well, if ya listen to obama it's nuclear physicists who are breaking into our country.. :D