The Dirty Little Secret: Most Gay Couples Aren't Monogamous

In other words- you don't want them to have the same benefits you would have if you were shacking up with your fuck buddy.
Or how bout nobody gets benefits for shacking up with a fuck buddy?

I agree- they only get the benefits for legally marrying their fuck buddy.

Why should the government reward someone simply because ha/she found someone to fuck on a regular basis?

If you want to end legal marriage- go for it.

Marriage was not intended to reward people solely for finding someone they can fuck on a regular basis.
Can your small and deranged mind think about anything besides fucking? Why the hell do you think that same sex marriage is just about fucking anymore than any other marriage. Marriage is about forming families, families that are the corner stone of our society. Families that provide security and stability for people and often provide and environment to raising and nurturing children. Gays do this the same way as others. It does not matter what the fuck each members of the family have between their legs. Grow the fuck up and get real!

Last edited:

Why should the government reward someone simply because ha/she found someone to fuck on a regular basis?

Marriage was not intended to reward people solely for finding someone they can fuck on a regular basis.
Can your small and deranged mind think about anything besides fucking? Why the hell do you think that same sex marriage is just about fucking anymore than any other marriage. Marriage is about forming families, families that are the corner stone of our society. Families that provide security and stability for people and often provide and environment to raising and nurturing children. Gays do this the same way as others. It does not matter what the fuck each members of the family have between their legs. Grow the fuck up and get real!

That's the only thing gay marriage is about: fucking. The idea that two queers can be a family is absurd. Families are a group of people who share genes. Two queers can never have genes in common with any descendents or each other. That's why gay marriage is a joke. That's the one immovable obstruction that the advocates for gay marriage can never get around.

Last edited:
In other words- you don't want them to have the same benefits you would have if you were shacking up with your fuck buddy.

Ultimately the question is how much power do we want to give government? I think the reasons people marry are none of a bureaucrat's damn business. Give the government a say in deeply personal and intimate parts of our lives and that kind of power will surely be abused. The Supreme Court's decision will soon be seen as a good thing for conservatives because it relieves us of a battle that we're better off without. I don't care why two consenting adults want to get married and I don't want my government tugging at the waistband of people to see what genitals they have before issuing a license.

The Supreme Court disempowered intrusive government. They did us a favor. Soon that will be evident.

The queers claimed the wanted to legalize gay marriage so they could participate in a committed relationship. The truth is they only wanted the government benefits and a veneer of respectability that their relationships don't merit.

Most gay couples aren t monogamous Will straight couples go monogamish

The dirty little secret about gay marriage: Most gay couples are not monogamous. We have come to accept lately, partly thanks to Liza Mundy’s excellent recent cover story in the Atlantic and partly because we desperately need something to make the drooping institution of heterosexual marriage seem vibrant again, that gay marriage has something to teach us, that gay couples provide a model for marriages that are more egalitarian and less burdened by the old gender roles that are weighing marriage down these days.

But the thorny part of the gay marriage experiment is sex, and more precisely, monogamous sex. Mundy writes about an old study from the '80s that found that gay couples were extremely likely to have had sex outside their relationship—82 percent did. That was before AIDS and the great matrimony craze in the gay community. She also tells the story of Dan Savage, who started out wanting to be monogamous until he and his partner had kids, and then they loosened up on that in order to make their union last. “Monogamish” is what he calls his new model. But as Mundy asks, can anyone out there imagine a husband proposing that same deal to his pregnant wife?

A long Gawker story last week explored this problem in greater detail. In the fight for marriage equality, the gay rights movement has put forth couples that look like straight ones, together forever, loyal, sharing assets. But what no one wants to talk about is that they don’t necessarily represent the norm:

"The Gay Couples Study out of San Francisco State University—which, in following over 500 gay couples over many years is the largest on-going study of its kind—has found that about half of all couples have sex with someone other than their partner, with their partner knowing."
How do you explain this?

Google

What percentage of the population goes to swinger's clubs?

I'm willing to be that the percentage of the straight population that goes to swingers clubs is a whole lot higher than the percentage of gays ho o to gay bars. I'll also bet that there are a whole lot more swingers clubs than there are gay bars. And I'll tell you another thing that I know as someone who has been to numerous swingers clubs in at least 4 states.... all of those people are heterosexuals!
I would easily take that bet.
The average woman has about 3 sexual partners in her lifetime. The average man maybe 9. The average homosexual man will have hundreds, possibly thousands.
Link?

Yo................BritPat..................got news for you, but a relationship (which many gay couples share) isn't just about sex.

It's also about being together, getting along, and sharing the burden of life with someone who thinks like you do.

And.................hate to tell you, but as a person who was orphaned at the age of 8 years old, I have lots of people that I consider family who share absolutely zero genes with me.

Family isn't necessarily who you are related to by blood, but rather those you relate to by choice.

The queers claimed the wanted to legalize gay marriage so they could participate in a committed relationship. The truth is they only wanted the government benefits and a veneer of respectability that their relationships don't merit.

Most gay couples aren t monogamous Will straight couples go monogamish

The dirty little secret about gay marriage: Most gay couples are not monogamous. We have come to accept lately, partly thanks to Liza Mundy’s excellent recent cover story in the Atlantic and partly because we desperately need something to make the drooping institution of heterosexual marriage seem vibrant again, that gay marriage has something to teach us, that gay couples provide a model for marriages that are more egalitarian and less burdened by the old gender roles that are weighing marriage down these days.

But the thorny part of the gay marriage experiment is sex, and more precisely, monogamous sex. Mundy writes about an old study from the '80s that found that gay couples were extremely likely to have had sex outside their relationship—82 percent did. That was before AIDS and the great matrimony craze in the gay community. She also tells the story of Dan Savage, who started out wanting to be monogamous until he and his partner had kids, and then they loosened up on that in order to make their union last. “Monogamish” is what he calls his new model. But as Mundy asks, can anyone out there imagine a husband proposing that same deal to his pregnant wife?

A long Gawker story last week explored this problem in greater detail. In the fight for marriage equality, the gay rights movement has put forth couples that look like straight ones, together forever, loyal, sharing assets. But what no one wants to talk about is that they don’t necessarily represent the norm:

"The Gay Couples Study out of San Francisco State University—which, in following over 500 gay couples over many years is the largest on-going study of its kind—has found that about half of all couples have sex with someone other than their partner, with their partner knowing."
How do you explain this?

Google

What percentage of the population goes to swinger's clubs?

I'm willing to be that the percentage of the straight population that goes to swingers clubs is a whole lot higher than the percentage of gays ho o to gay bars. I'll also bet that there are a whole lot more swingers clubs than there are gay bars. And I'll tell you another thing that I know as someone who has been to numerous swingers clubs in at least 4 states.... all of those people are heterosexuals!
I would easily take that bet.
The average woman has about 3 sexual partners in her lifetime. The average man maybe 9. The average homosexual man will have hundreds, possibly thousands.
Link?
Check my sig line.

The dirty little secret about heterosexual marriage: Most couples are not monogamous. At least one is usually fooling around.

See how that works?

Forum List

Back