The Dirty Little Secret: Most Gay Couples Aren't Monogamous

The queers claimed the wanted to legalize gay marriage so they could participate in a committed relationship. The truth is they only wanted the government benefits and a veneer of respectability that their relationships don't merit.

Most gay couples aren t monogamous Will straight couples go monogamish

The dirty little secret about gay marriage: Most gay couples are not monogamous. We have come to accept lately, partly thanks to Liza Mundy’s excellent recent cover story in the Atlantic and partly because we desperately need something to make the drooping institution of heterosexual marriage seem vibrant again, that gay marriage has something to teach us, that gay couples provide a model for marriages that are more egalitarian and less burdened by the old gender roles that are weighing marriage down these days.

But the thorny part of the gay marriage experiment is sex, and more precisely, monogamous sex. Mundy writes about an old study from the '80s that found that gay couples were extremely likely to have had sex outside their relationship—82 percent did. That was before AIDS and the great matrimony craze in the gay community. She also tells the story of Dan Savage, who started out wanting to be monogamous until he and his partner had kids, and then they loosened up on that in order to make their union last. “Monogamish” is what he calls his new model. But as Mundy asks, can anyone out there imagine a husband proposing that same deal to his pregnant wife?

A long Gawker story last week explored this problem in greater detail. In the fight for marriage equality, the gay rights movement has put forth couples that look like straight ones, together forever, loyal, sharing assets. But what no one wants to talk about is that they don’t necessarily represent the norm:

"The Gay Couples Study out of San Francisco State University—which, in following over 500 gay couples over many years is the largest on-going study of its kind—has found that about half of all couples have sex with someone other than their partner, with their partner knowing."
Heterosexuals claim marriage is between a man and a woman (note the word "a") yet many have affairs. If heterosexuals cannot hold true to vows, they should not be allowed to marry. Just saying! That shoe fits on both feet.

So if a group of people don't behave absolutely perfectly, then just throw out all the laws they rely on? When are we going to legalize murder and armed robbery?
Oddly you expect homosexuals to behave ln a manner that you deem to be perfect.

Nope. They can do whatever they like within the law. What I don't agree with is them getting government benefits just because they're shacking up with a fuck buddy. I also don't agree with forcing businesses to cater to their lifestyle.
False.

LoveLove20153.jpg
Never use logic, facts or reason when arguing with bigots.

The queers claimed the wanted to legalize gay marriage so they could participate in a committed relationship. The truth is they only wanted the government benefits and a veneer of respectability that their relationships don't merit.

The dirty little secret about gay marriage: Most gay couples are not monogamous. We have come to accept lately, partly thanks to Liza Mundy’s excellent recent cover story in the Atlantic and partly because we desperately need something to make the drooping institution of heterosexual marriage seem vibrant again, that gay marriage has something to teach us, that gay couples provide a model for marriages that are more egalitarian and less burdened by the old gender roles that are weighing marriage down these days.

But the thorny part of the gay marriage experiment is sex, and more precisely, monogamous sex. Mundy writes about an old study from the '80s that found that gay couples were extremely likely to have had sex outside their relationship—82 percent did. That was before AIDS and the great matrimony craze in the gay community. She also tells the story of Dan Savage, who started out wanting to be monogamous until he and his partner had kids, and then they loosened up on that in order to make their union last. “Monogamish” is what he calls his new model. But as Mundy asks, can anyone out there imagine a husband proposing that same deal to his pregnant wife?

A long Gawker story last week explored this problem in greater detail. In the fight for marriage equality, the gay rights movement has put forth couples that look like straight ones, together forever, loyal, sharing assets. But what no one wants to talk about is that they don’t necessarily represent the norm:

"The Gay Couples Study out of San Francisco State University—which, in following over 500 gay couples over many years is the largest on-going study of its kind—has found that about half of all couples have sex with someone other than their partner, with their partner knowing."
Another stupid thread intended to smear gays. So what if they are, or may be less monogamous than heterosexuals? What the hell does that have to do wit commitment? There are many heterosexual couples who are not monogamous and are very committed to the relationship. My wife and I are one example. Married 30 years and non monogamous! You might want to google the Polyamory Society.
Swingers are adulterers even if it's by consent. This is sinful and you need to repent of it and accept God's forgiveness.

Another stupid thread intended to smear gays. So what if they are, or may be less monogamous than heterosexuals? What the hell does that have to do wit commitment? There are many heterosexual couples who are not monogamous and are very committed to the relationship. My wife and I are one example. Married 30 years and non monogamous! You might want to google the Polyamory Society.
Swingers are adulterers even if it's by consent. This is sinful and you need to repent of it and accept God's forgiveness.

I'm not worried. I can't go to hell because I don't believe in hell. You, on the other hand might want to consider that your God does not approve of judgmental, self righteous bigots that preach hate in his name.

I'm not worried. I can't go to hell because I don't believe in hell. You, on the other hand might want to consider that your God does not approve of judgmental, self righteous bigots that preach hate in his name.
LOL! You actually think not believing in hell just makes it go away?

The righteous call sinners to repentance. You have no idea what pleases and displeases God. You should read the Bible and I mean all of it.

Hilariously ironic.

Really? What have I posted that makes me appear to be sleazy?

How about this...

Offensive, and stupid!

What's sleazy about that? Posting the truth isn't sleazy.

Your posts are a litany of you being a sleazy asshole

Here is a selection of quotes from you from the last day or two

You're a fucking moron.

The bottom line is that you're an intellectual jackass.

As always you prove you don't know jack shit about anything you pretend to be an expert on.

You're fucked in the head.

You really are a fucking idiot, ya know?

You're coming off as a sleazy asshole.

I'll bet not. I'll bet most of the ones who do go are liberal turds like you.

Only a scumbag moron would equate that with actually cheating on your spouse

That's utter horseshit.

You're just another bootlicking toady doing your masters bidding.

If the laws are repealed, then no one would be breaking the law, you fucking dumbass.

Being rude is not the same thing as being sleazy.

Well lets review again- I say these are the comments of a sleazy asshole- you say that they are only the comments of an asshole

Comments posted by you:

As always you prove you don't know jack shit about anything you pretend to be an expert on.

That's utter horseshit.

If the laws are repealed, then no one would be breaking the law, you fucking dumbass.

Heterosexuals claim marriage is between a man and a woman (note the word "a") yet many have affairs. If heterosexuals cannot hold true to vows, they should not be allowed to marry. Just saying! That shoe fits on both feet.

So if a group of people don't behave absolutely perfectly, then just throw out all the laws they rely on? When are we going to legalize murder and armed robbery?

Nope. They can do whatever they like within the law. What I don't agree with is them getting government benefits just because they're shacking up with a fuck buddy. I also don't agree with forcing businesses to cater to their lifestyle.

In other words- you don't want them to have the same benefits you would have if you were shacking up with your fuck buddy.

In other words- you don't want them to have the same benefits you would have if you were shacking up with your fuck buddy.
Or how bout nobody gets benefits for shacking up with a fuck buddy?

In your idology that's true in reality not so much.

In other words- you don't want them to have the same benefits you would have if you were shacking up with your fuck buddy.[/QUOTE ] HIs hands get benefits?

I agree- they only get the benefits for legally marrying their fuck buddy.

Really? What have I posted that makes me appear to be sleazy?

How about this...

Offensive, and stupid!

You're a fucking moron.

That's utter horseshit.

Well lets review again- I say these are the comments of a sleazy asshole- you say that they are only the comments of an asshole

Comments posted by you:

That's utter horseshit.

Those aren't even the comments of an asshole. They are the comments of someone who knows that character of the person he is addressing.

Why should the government reward someone simply because ha/she found someone to fuck on a regular basis?

How about this...

Offensive, and stupid!

You're a fucking moron.

That's utter horseshit.

Comments posted by you:

That's utter horseshit.

Those aren't even the comments of an asshole. They are the comments of someone who knows that character of the person he is addressing.

Comments of a very sleazy asshole.

Why should the government reward someone simply because ha/she found someone to fuck on a regular basis?

If you want to end legal marriage- go for it.

If you want to end legal marriage- go for it.

Marriage was not intended to reward people solely for finding someone they can fuck on a regular basis.

Forum List

Back