The Difference Between Teleprompters and Notes?

Or maybe the people mocking her are as moronic as all those mocking the president.

Or maybe those defending the president but mocking her or defending her and mocking the president are hypocrites.

True to a degree.

But I know when attorneys argue before the court, they have notes. They have their papers. And for opening/closing statements, often have their statements written out in advance.

How would you feel about an attorney representing you with crib notes on their hand? It would tell me they were unprofessional. And if it were someone who worked for me, they would no longer be working for me.

It is unprofessional. And worthy of poking a little fun at. But in the grand scheme of things, that's like comparing Paris Hilton's expected standard of professionalism to yours in the courtroom. Palin is just a former politician fielding softball questions for pure entertainment purposes and staying in character while doing it, there's no comparison.

Man I see people hammering sara palin again and this time its becuase she had notes on her hand when giving a speech(interview) the other night.

I dont get the beef with her writing a few reminders on her hand....i mean sure a piece of paper would have been better IMO but whats the big deal? Don't speakers, such as our current president, use teleprompters?

Whats the difference. Why hammer on some handwritten notes but give a pass on teleprompters? Is it your partisan sides showing up?

Me personally...i couldn't give a shit if palin/obama memorized, uses handwritten notes, uses a teleprompter, or a combination of them.....then again i dont suffer ODS or PDS.

A teleprompter is used to deliver a speech and has been an accepted way to give a speech for some time. Jotting notes in your hand for a Q&A is cheating.

Totally ass-backwards from the truth.

Libs want to tell us black is white and white is black.

A teleprompter is what a news anchor, a talking-head so to speak, uses to sound like they know what they're talking about. Ever see Network News?

If you ever took television production in college you would understand that a teleprompter is cheating.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTN3s2iVKKI&feature=related]YouTube - Network[/ame]

So teleprompters are cheating, but all the "news" guys (pundits) use them?
And all of our recent presidents too?

I know Reagan used them. I actually knew on of his teleprompter operators.

Last edited:
Or maybe the people mocking her are as moronic as all those mocking the president.

Or maybe those defending the president but mocking her or defending her and mocking the president are hypocrites.

True to a degree.

But I know when attorneys argue before the court, they have notes. They have their papers. And for opening/closing statements, often have their statements written out in advance.

How would you feel about an attorney representing you with crib notes on their hand? It would tell me they were unprofessional. And if it were someone who worked for me, they would no longer be working for me.

It is unprofessional. And worthy of poking a little fun at. But in the grand scheme of things, that's like comparing Paris Hilton's expected standard of professionalism to yours in the courtroom. Palin is just a former politician fielding softball questions for pure entertainment purposes and staying in character while doing it, there's no comparison.

I agree insofar as Paris Hilton is concerned. Absolutely.

But these people think Palin is going to be president. And she hasn't said she wouldn't be running in 2012. In fact, I believe she said it would be absurd for her NOT to consider it.

That being the case, she doesn't get held to the same standard as Paris Hilton, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

Man I see people hammering sara palin again and this time its becuase she had notes on her hand when giving a speech the other night.

I dont get the beef with her writing a few reminders on her hand....i mean sure a piece of paper would have been better IMO but whats the big deal? Don't speakers, such as our current president, use teleprompters?

Whats the difference. Why hammer on some handwritten notes but give a pass on teleprompters? Is it your partisan sides showing up?

Me personally...i couldn't give a shit if palin/obama memorized, uses handwritten notes, uses a teleprompter, or a combination of them.....then again i dont suffer ODS or PDS.

Using notes shows a command of the subject.

Using a teleprompter is like reading a book but trying to appear not to.

It's dishonest.

I agree. Notes show that you have more of a command of the subject you are speaking about. Reading is just reading and pretending you know what you are talking about. Remember, he was so involved with reading the teleprompter that he introduced the same people twice because the teleprompter got stuck. That's all he is doing, reading, and in this case not even comprehending what he is reading because he introduced the same people twice without knowing it until it was too late.

I doubt he even reads a speech before he gives it or goes over it with his speech writer. The " Corpsman," pronounced like a dead person is a classic example of that. It's pronounced " Coreman," Mr. Commander in Chief.":lol:

True to a degree.

But these people think Palin is going to be president. And she hasn't said she wouldn't be running in 2012. In fact, I believe she said it would be absurd for her NOT to consider it.

That being the case, she doesn't get held to the same standard as Paris Hilton, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

Heck, I don't hold her to the same standard as Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert! :lol:

But she's just an actress playing a role right now, whatever her following may believe of her. As a celebrity she gets judged by celebrity standards as far as I'm concerned.

And as a side note, I'd be willing to wager ten bucks with as obvious as she was about it those scribbles on her hand were a prop instead of a memory aid. She's ignorant on the issues, but not as flat out dumb as she makes herself appear to be. And look at the benefit she's reaping from it! Just sayin'.

True to a degree.

It tells me my lawyer is trying to save paper and heal the environment.:cool:

True to a degree.

As opposed to Obama fielding scripted questions???

True to a degree.

One of the problems with this government is that we have tooooooooooooooo many attorneys who are congressmen and senators that can't make it out in the real world so they run for congress and the senate and win. If one who was representing me had something written on their hand and they won my case, it would not bother me at all. It's what happens in the end that matters. I won't be voting for any attorneys anytime soon, they totally screw things up.

Heck, I don't hold her to the same standard as Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert! :lol:

But she's just an actress playing a role right now, whatever her following may believe of her. As a celebrity she gets judged by celebrity standards as far as I'm concerned.

And as a side note, I'd be willing to wager ten bucks with as obvious as she was about it those scribbles on her hand were a prop instead of a memory aid. She's ignorant on the issues, but not as flat out dumb as she makes herself appear to be. And look at the benefit she's reaping from it! Just sayin'.

That may be your impression but the truth is she is a genuine person....not a comedian.

I would be willing to bet the left would be gushing over her if she was a Democrat.

At least they could say they have somebody decent looking to support their agenda.

The best they could find was a big-ear'ed lying skinny fuck like Obama.

True to a degree.

As opposed to debating a topic instead of resorting to "I know you are but what am I"? :funnyface:

That may be your impression but the truth is she is a genuine person....not a comedian.

I would be willing to bet the left would be gushing over her if she was a Democrat.

At least they could say they have somebody decent looking to support their agenda.

I don't know about that. I think she's quite funny. And more power to her! It's good to see a woman get out there and rake in a pile. Just as long as she does it out of office, I could give a shit less.

But I'm not going to hold her to the same standard to which I'd hold a serious professional, she's not a serious professional anymore and by her own choice. She's an entertainer with an ideological following very similar to other comedians and infotainers left and right in the quasi-political entertainment arena. If you really support her you should be happy she's not being held up to an unreasonable standard for her current position.

As opposed to debating a topic instead of resorting to "I know you are but what am I"? :funnyface:

Obama doesn't debate...he lectures.

Seems the left feels that any politician takes on an extra 30 I.Q. points when they become a Democrat....and when they become a Republican they're dumb as a box of rocks.

Obama doesn't debate...he lectures.

Seems the left feels that any politician takes on an extra 30 I.Q. points when they become a Democrat....and when they become a Republican they're dumb as a box of rocks.

Nice deflection there, but it's a real stretch to try to imply I was speaking about Obama's debate skills. :rolleyes:

And I'm not a Democrat, thank you. Nor did I say Palin is dumb, in fact I said just the opposite. She's ignorant on policy but one smart cookie in the way she's branding and marketing herself. And why not? If you got something people are willing to buy, by all means sell it. And if that means waving around scribbles on your hand as part of your schtick, whatever works. I don't fault her for it.

But then let's not pretend she's something she isn't and try to hold her to that standard. A celebrity is a celebrity, whether their material is political in nature or not. But we're getting a bit far afield here, don'cha think?

Tell you what lets have a palin, Obama IQ test and see which one is really smarter?

Any human that actually thinks Palin is brighter than Obama lives in a fantasy world.

Palin couldnt hack it at some smuck midwest college and bailed.

Obama was the editor of the harvard law review.

Really people you are just delousional

Look at the board idiot who can barely make a post without a misspelled word, having the audacity to call someone out on their intelligence.

You're a fucking RETARD, woman. Why would you DARE bring up the issue of intelligence?

I don't know about that. I think she's quite funny. And more power to her! It's good to see a woman get out there and rake in a pile. Just as long as she does it out of office, I could give a shit less.

But I'm not going to hold her to the same standard to which I'd hold a serious professional, she's not a serious professional anymore and by her own choice. She's an entertainer with an ideological following very similar to other comedians and infotainers left and right in the quasi-political entertainment arena. If you really support her you should be happy she's not being held up to an unreasonable standard for her current position.

When was she a *serious professional*??

I thought she was a Governor.

I also think it's a bit unseemly when politicians who have no other source of income become wealthy in office by selling books and accepting graft from PAC groups and Special Interests groups.

Tell you what lets have a palin, Obama IQ test and see which one is really smarter?

Any human that actually thinks Palin is brighter than Obama lives in a fantasy world.

Palin couldnt hack it at some smuck midwest college and bailed.

Obama was the editor of the harvard law review.

Really people you are just delousional

Look at the board idiot who can barely make a post without a misspelled word, having the audacity to call someone out on their intelligence.

You're a fucking RETARD, woman. Why would you DARE bring up the issue of intelligence?

Spelling proficiency has nothing to do with intelligence. Idiot.

Forum List

Back