The Difference Between Teleprompters and Notes?

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Man I see people hammering sara palin again and this time its becuase she had notes on her hand when giving a speech(interview) the other night.

I dont get the beef with her writing a few reminders on her hand....i mean sure a piece of paper would have been better IMO but whats the big deal? Don't speakers, such as our current president, use teleprompters?

Whats the difference. Why hammer on some handwritten notes but give a pass on teleprompters? Is it your partisan sides showing up?

Me personally...i couldn't give a shit if palin/obama memorized, uses handwritten notes, uses a teleprompter, or a combination of them.....then again i dont suffer ODS or PDS.

Last edited:
Then why start yet another thread about Palin?

Its not about palin its about the jackanapes on the forum who have the need to bash political figures and public speakers for using speaking aids like notes and teleprompters.

Are you one of them?

Nope, I think the teleprompter fauz outrage is totally bogus since every president in recent times used them.

Notes on the hand is a bit strange though for a nationally worshipped figurehead.

Now we know how Palin got thru college?

Then why start yet another thread about Palin?

Its not about palin its about the jackanapes on the forum who have the need to bash political figures and public speakers for using speaking aids like notes and teleprompters.

Are you one of them?

Nope, I think the teleprompter fauz outrage is totally bogus since every president in recent times used them.

Notes on the hand is a bit strange though for a nationally worshipped figurehead.

Now we know how Palin got thru college?

with that logic i guess the presidents passed by reading other peoples stuff near by ;).

Man I see people hammering sara palin again and this time its becuase she had notes on her hand when giving a speech the other night.

I dont get the beef with her writing a few reminders on her hand....i mean sure a piece of paper would have been better IMO but whats the big deal? Don't speakers, such as our current president, use teleprompters?

Whats the difference. Why hammer on some handwritten notes but give a pass on teleprompters? Is it your partisan sides showing up?

Me personally...i couldn't give a shit if palin/obama memorized, uses handwritten notes, uses a teleprompter, or a combination of them.....then again i dont suffer ODS or PDS.

Using notes shows a command of the subject.

Using a teleprompter is like reading a book but trying to appear not to.

It's dishonest.

I have always viewed the TelePrompTer deal as a thing of humor and nothing more.

Each public figure gets ribbed for something which has little to do with substance and I view that as one of Obama's. Not something which really matters one way or the other.

Every public speaker I know has their own way of doing things or ways which work better for them. All of that has little to nothing to do with what they are saying, their message.

Mike

Tell you what lets have a palin, Obama IQ test and see which one is really smarter?

Any human that actually thinks Palin is brighter than Obama lives in a fantasy world.

Palin couldnt hack it at some smuck midwest college and bailed.

Obama was the editor of the harvard law review.

Really people you are just delousional

Man I see people hammering sara palin again and this time its becuase she had notes on her hand when giving a speech the other night.

She mocked Obama for using a teleprompter while she had notes written on her hand. So if there's no difference, she was mocking herself, and if there's no difference, then all the rightwing Obama haters who have been mocking him for months (inexplicably) because he at times uses a teleprompter should be now mocking Palin.

Are they? No, they are lamely, hypocritically, comically trying to defend her.

There is no difference between notes on a podium (as Palin used for ther speech itself) and a prompter, really. It's all what tool you're more comfortable with. I think that was the point.

Talking points for an interview jotted on her hand? Seems a little high school cheat sheet-ish to me, I would've smacked my students upside the head for doing that. But hey, she wasn't answering to me. Whatever floats her boat.

Like the prompter jokes, there's nothing of substance in the criticisms. It's just kinda fun to point out that they all use some kind of crutch. ;)

There is no difference between notes on a podium (as Palin used for ther speech itself) and a prompter, really. It's all what tool you're more comfortable with. I think that was the point.

Talking points for an interview jotted on her hand? Seems a little high school cheat sheet-ish to me, I would've smacked my students upside the head for doing that. But hey, she wasn't answering to me. Whatever floats her boat.

Like the prompter jokes, there's nothing of substance in the criticisms. It's just kinda fun to point out that they all use some kind of crutch. ;)

yay this is the first post in this thread that made me feel like i'm not alone on this one.

She mocked Obama for using a teleprompter while she had notes written on her hand. So if there's no difference, she was mocking herself, and if there's no difference, then all the rightwing Obama haters who have been mocking him for months (inexplicably) because he at times uses a teleprompter should be now mocking Palin.

Are they? No, they are lamely, hypocritically, comically trying to defend her.

since, as you said, there is no difference then by mocking Palin people are also mocking Obama.

Yes Palin was a hypocrite with that as she gave obama crap for it....just as obama was a hypocrite right here

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV22xAS7S3s[/ame]

The hypocracy of both doesn't change the fact that everyone giving either one of them, or any other public speaker, a hard time for using speaking aids are behaving in a poor manner.

Last edited:

eh, its not because of the notes, but the hypocrisy. Petty criticizing obama for not memorizing all the speeches he has to give, and using notes/teleprompter like every other president before used, all while doing it yourself

It's just dumb the teleprompter stuff, really makes Obama opposition look petty and partisan and not intelligent.

palin is such a punching bag and a joke to many because its just too easy, she says things that contradict what she does.

Using notes shows a command of the subject.

Using a teleprompter is like reading a book but trying to appear not to.

It's dishonest.

Barry the Boob isn't that good at reading the teleprompter either. Rather see someone do the speech from memory or off the cuff. or in Palins case off the hand!!!

I am sure that Fox does not use teleprompters, nor does Rush read from notes.

Well not totally sure.

But I am glad that some agree that using a prompter is dishonest.

;)

Forum List

Back