The difference between Libs and conservatives

Rambunctious

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2010
When a conservative decides to buy a hybrid car he goes and buys one.
When a liberal decides to buy a hybrid car he wants everyone to buy one.

When a conservative decides to stop eating meat he stops eating meat.
When a liberal decides to stop eating meat he wants everyone to stop eating meat.

When a conservative decides to donate hard earned money to a worthy cause he donates to a worthy cause.
When a liberal decides to give to a worthy cause he wants everyone to give to a worthy cause.

Wanting others to do the things that you do is normal and fine but liberals go one step further.
They get government to force you to do the things they do and that’s what makes them dangerous.

When a liberal decides to stop eating meat he wants everyone to stop eating meat.

When a conservative decides to donate hard earned money to a worthy cause he donates to a worthy cause.
When a liberal decides to give to a worthy cause he wants everyone to give to a worthy cause.

Wanting others to do the things that you do is normal and fine but liberals go one step further.
They get government to force you to do the things they do and that’s what makes them dangerous.

When a liberal is against gay marriage, they don't marry a gay guy.
When a conservative is against gay marriage, they bus Mormons in from Utah to protest and pass laws against it.

When a liberal believes that Evolution is wrong, they home school.
When a conservative believes Evolution is wrong, they petition their school boards to "teach the controversy"

This isn't a conservative/liberal thing. This is a human thing. For whatever reason, human beings have always had a desire to make decisions for the greater good - even if other don't agree. I could go on and on with all the things that conservatives want "for the good of everyone" that I don't agree with. Take off your partisan blinders, and realize that EVERYONE is looking to control your life - not just liberals.

When a conservative is against gay marriage, they bus Mormons in from Utah to protest and pass laws against it.

When a conservative believes Evolution is wrong, they petition their school boards to "teach the controversy"

This isn't a conservative/liberal thing. This is a human thing. For whatever reason, human beings have always had a desire to make decisions for the greater good - even if other don't agree. I could go on and on with all the things that conservatives want "for the good of everyone" that I don't agree with. Take off your partisan blinders, and realize that EVERYONE is looking to control your life - not just liberals.

Doctor,
With all due respect you have it backasswards. When a liberal is in favor of gay marriage they want everyone to be in favor of gay marriage and they will go to the big daddy government to get it done, and that was my main point. When a liberal loses at the ballot box they run to the courts to get their way. I think the use of our court system to override the wishes of the American people is wrong and should almost never be done and I see liberals willing to do this on every issue that pops up.
That was my only point.
maybe you should remove the partisan glasses.

Doctor,
With all due respect you have it backasswards. When a liberal is in favor of gay marriage they want everyone to be in favor of gay marriage and they will go to the big daddy government to get it done, and that was my main point. When a liberal loses at the ballot box they run to the courts to get their way. I think the use of our court system to override the wishes of the American people is wrong and should almost never be done and I see liberals willing to do this on every issue that pops up.
That was my only point.
maybe you should remove the partisan glasses.

No, my friend - it doesn't work that way. No liberals are trying to force you to marry a gay man. Liberals wouldn't be going to "big daddy government" to get it done if it wasn't already made illegal by conservatives looking out for everyone's "family values".

If what you were saying is right, why did Bush pass the "Defense of Marriage Act"? Isn't that "going to big daddy government"?

Anyway, my goal was not to get all hung up on one single issue - there are plenty of others. Let's look at a few others.

Do you see many liberals trying to force people to recite prayers in school?
Do you see many liberals trying to force teachers to teach "the controversy"?

I've been watching liberals push God out of schools my whole life. I do not see liberals forcing people to "recite prayer in school" but I don't see conservative trying to force it either. Maybe you should re-examine your boogeymen.

I've been watching liberals push God out of schools my whole life. I do not see liberals forcing people to "recite prayer in school" but I don't see conservative trying to force it either. Maybe you should re-examine your boogeymen.
What about all the boogeymen you posted in your OP?

Who's forcing you to be a vegetarian?
Who's forcing you to buy a hybrid car?

Last edited:

The biggest difference is that Conservatives want to conserve the status quo, whereas lefties will try and change something if they think it needs changing (and sometimes even if it doesn't)

You know what? no one is forcing me to do these things yet because thankfully at this time we are politically kicking their butt.

You know what? no one is forcing me to do these things yet because thankfully at this time we are politically kicking their butt.

Not quite. No one has EVER tried to force you to do either of those things, and never will. Because, as you said, they're boogeymen.

And really, I expected better from you. I thought we'd actually be able to have a real conversation. But no, you seem to be just another partisan hack. I'm not going to waste my time having a conversation with someone who thinks that conservatives shit gold bricks and liberals are satan.

Seriously, grow up.

fucking people and their broad brushes.

This is a broad nation and a broad world. You can tinker with your tiny brush all you want however the only difference you will ever achieve is in your own head, you will feel great while damaging everything you come in contact with. Maybe BROARDENING your thinking will do you some good, and just maybe you will be able to post a comment without using profanity.
It only shows that you have a weak mind.

You don't see conservatives trying to force prayer back into schools? Then who is doing it? It never should have been there in the first place

Seems to me we all need a reminder every now and then:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZBTyTWOZCM]YouTube - Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance[/ame]

fucking people and their broad brushes.

This is a broad nation and a broad world. You can tinker with your tiny brush all you want however the only difference you will ever achieve is in your own head, you will feel great while damaging everything you come in contact with. Maybe BROARDENING your thinking will do you some good, and just maybe you will be able to post a comment without using profanity.
It only shows that you have a weak mind.

So relying on stereotypes and pigeonholing everyone into groups is broadening your thinking? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back