Zone1 The Democrats are Lying to you.........

Republicans are the liars.

"I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality ... I will add to this that I have never seen, to my knowledge, a man, woman, or child who was in favor of producing a perfect equality, social and political, between negroes and white men."

These are words from Lincoln. But Republicans try telling us black folk that we should be republican because Lincoln freed the slaves. But Johnson signed our second emancipation proclamation in 1964. His attitude was no different than Lincolns but republicans like the OP try this tactic and it's getting really old.

"I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality ... I will add to this that I have never seen, to my knowledge, a man, woman, or child who was in favor of producing a perfect equality, social and political, between negroes and white men."

These are words from Lincoln. But Republicans try telling us black folk that we should be republican because Lincoln freed the slaves. But Johnson signed our second emancipation proclamation in 1964. His attitude was no different than Lincolns but republicans like the OP try this tactic and it's getting really old.

See, Freedomisneverfree, facts have nothing to do with what leftists belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve.

That was the universal opinion of whites at the time. The most ardent abolitionist was an irredeemable racist by today’s standards. They didn’t just think minorities and especially blacks were inferior to whites, they KNEW it right down to their bones. Being anti-slavery didn’t mean pro-black in those days.

That was the universal opinion of whites at the time. The most ardent abolitionist was an irredeemable racist by today’s standards. They didn’t just think minorities and especially blacks were inferior to whites, they KNEW it right down to their bones. Being anti-slavery didn’t mean pro-black in those days.
Our Black History Expert is always trying to bring the Racist Past into the present.

Forum List

Back