The Democrat Worm Turns

With all due respect, then, my efforts are not meant for you...but for those with a serious intention to get their candidate elected, and understand the realities of politics.

Your respect or disrespect for me is of no more concern to me than anyone else's.

You're obviously a politician, or at least a political activist yourself. Your only goal is to get a particular group of people elected. You have no morals or values that you actually believe in. You have now made that really clear. As I mentioned earlier, it's people like you that I believe are a major barricade to correcting the problems in the United States.

Oh, and the true reality of politics is that BULLETS, not ballots are what made and have maintained this country; and they are what will eventually either redeem or destroy this nation completely.

Last edited:
Sorry, but the rules of this game are that there are only two choices, the two major parties. Any other vote is wasted.

Then I guess I have and will continue to WASTE a huge number of votes in my life; because I will not accept that philosophy, PC.

Personally, I'm all for OUTLAWING ALL POLITICAL PARTIES AND POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEES. They are about the largest part of the problem these days.

Each of us would love to present a candidate who is 100% aligned with our own views...but that is not the blood sport known as national politics. You know that. So, it comes down to...and 'down' is usually the operative term, sadly- picking the lesser of two...you know the rest.

Sorry, that's not a philosophy that I am willing to accept. Personally, given the two options, I tend to vote for the GREATER EVIL, with the hope that people will realize how much of an evil it is and actually straighten the issue out. I would rather deal with someone who I KNOW is my ENEMY rather than one whose allegiances I cannot verify at any given moment.

And on that basis, those of us concerned with morality, or values, or views consistent with those of the Founders, usually find the Republican choice more appropriate than the Democrat. Those who insist on a privatization of morality, or personal view of morality, and who are more impulsive in demands for change (and hope) often tend to vote for the Democrat.

PC, that's only because those of you who CLAIM to concern yourselves with morality and values are unwilling to actually DEMAND that someone follow those same ideals both verbally and in their lives rather than simply paying lip service to them. You folks willingly sell your allegiance to a bunch of WORDS that even you have to realize mean NOTHING to the person whose mouth they're coming out of.

I'll reserve comment on the "views consistent with those of the Founders" since I tend to believe that you and I would have very different ideas on what those views would be.

The OP was adduced because, suddenly, the Democrats felt the need to subscribe to a more right-wing view of morality....

No they're not. No more than the Republicans ever are. They're simply paying lip service to it, like every other politician.

She's right on this one. Voting third party in any major election is futile. It can be principled, but it's not pragmatic. The rules of the game are what they are.

She's right on this one. Voting third party in any major election is futile. It can be principled, but it's not pragmatic. The rules of the game are what they are.

Any vote which does not issue from the barrel of a firearm, or the blade of a weapon is futile.

Principles and Ideology are all that a Man has. Without them He is nothing. With them He can be anything.

The rules of the game need to CHANGE, and soon; or the game is going to end and all of the players will find themselves LOSERS at the end.

With all due respect, then, my efforts are not meant for you...but for those with a serious intention to get their candidate elected, and understand the realities of politics.

Your respect or disrespect for me is of no more concern to me than anyone else's.

You're obviously a politician, or at least a political activist yourself. Your only goal is to get a particular group of people elected. You have no morals or values that you actually believe in. You have now made that really clear. As I mentioned earlier, it's people like you that I believe are a major barricade to correcting the problems in the United States.

Oh, and the true reality of politics is that BULLETS, not ballots are what made and have maintained this country; and they are what will eventually either redeem or destroy this nation completely.

Silly, and bordering on juvenile.

and? rightwingnut freaks like santorum don't play in new jersey. your point?

Morality.

That's my point.

Vaules, and which party, which political view doesn't have any.
Surely you understand that.

Both parties and political views are devoid of morals and values – they’re politicians.

To argue that one party or political doctrine is ‘more moral’ or ‘has values’ is naïve, idiotic, and pointless – just like this thread and similar threads started by the OP.

I say a plague on both their houses.

Morality.

That's my point.

Both parties and political views are devoid of morals and values – they’re politicians.

To argue that one party or political doctrine is ‘more moral’ or ‘has values’ is naïve, idiotic, and pointless – just like this thread and similar threads started by the OP.

I say a plague on both their houses.

Remember that next time you spew your bullshit about it being worse for those who preach "family values" you fucking hypocrite.

The rightwingers are beside themselves; they can't believe the Democrats didn't circle the wagons around Weiner.

It's funny to witness.

Not so.

This right winger finds the situation exhilarating!

The Left is sweating bullets, and has been forced by an awakening nation to behave in a moral manner.
Unusual for those folks....and hardly bodes well for the 2012 elections.

Huzzah!

And, this is your big chance to leave the sinking ship....
...the water's fine.

Too bad your party just shrugged its shoulders at Vitter shitting in his diapers while fucking a prostitute

Bingo. When political affiliations dictate moral evaluations of a given circumstance (as they clearly do for most folks in this thread, including PC), it becomes clear that the language of morality is being hijacked for purposes of political expediency, not philosophical conviction. But it does make the self-righteousness that much more entertaining.

Some leftwingers are beginning to understand that character matters. I guess better late than never.

Most of the nation has long since figured out that having an (R) behind your name is no guarantee of having character.

Most rational people recognize that both parties have their share of ruthless scalawags.

Regardless, it's the truth.

Show me what a Man will kill or die for and I will show you what he believes in and cares about. Show me what a Man will neither kill nor die for and I will show you what he neither believe in nor cares about.

But that's not your way is it, young lady? No. You and yours will smile, bat your eyes, and sell your immortal souls in the attempt to win an election. You are whatever you think someone wants you to be rather than being honest about anything. Scheming, Misinformation, Misdirection, and Subterfuge are your tools. You scream "Thief!" and point at your accomplice when the Master arrives while concealing the greater part of the loot in the folds of your own skirt.

The only means to fix what is wrong with this country is going to be a total re-formatting of the system. A full wipe of the hard drive and installation of an updated operating system. One which does not make the same mistakes as the old one.

The great family values party seems to only care about the family values of people with Ds behind their names.

where is all your outrage for Vitter who wore a diaper to a prostitute and is still in office years aftrer the scandal broke.

Its fine if you are a republican , they can do what ever they want.

Not to mention the Larry Craigs and John Ensigns who finished out their terms...

How about the Bill Clintons and Barney Franks?

Morality.

That's my point.

Just wondering, if that party has no honor or integrity in their personal lives, what makes people think they will treat citizens with honor and integrity (or will they just be tools to use)?

Some leftwingers are beginning to understand that character matters. I guess better late than never.

Most of the nation has long since figured out that having an (R) behind your name is no guarantee of having character.

Most rational people recognize that both parties have their share of ruthless scalawags.

"The common wisdom holds that 'both parties' have to appeal to the extremes during the primary and then move to the center for the general election. To the contrary, both parties run for office as conservatives. Once they have fooled the voters and are safely in office, Republicans sometimes double-cross the voters. Democrats always do."
Coulter, 11-27-03

Regardless, it's the truth.

Show me what a Man will kill or die for and I will show you what he believes in and cares about. Show me what a Man will neither kill nor die for and I will show you what he neither believe in nor cares about.

But that's not your way is it, young lady? No. You and yours will smile, bat your eyes, and sell your immortal souls in the attempt to win an election. You are whatever you think someone wants you to be rather than being honest about anything. Scheming, Misinformation, Misdirection, and Subterfuge are your tools. You scream "Thief!" and point at your accomplice when the Master arrives while concealing the greater part of the loot in the folds of your own skirt.

The only means to fix what is wrong with this country is going to be a total re-formatting of the system. A full wipe of the hard drive and installation of an updated operating system. One which does not make the same mistakes as the old one.

I get it....I know exactly what you're trying to say, but E.A. Robinson said it first, and better:

Miniver Cheevy by Edwin Arlington Robinson

Miniver Cheevy, child of scorn,
Grew lean while he assailed the seasons;
He wept that he was ever born,
And he had reasons.

Miniver loved the days of old
When swords were bright and steeds were prancing;
The vision of a warrior bold
Would set him dancing.

Miniver sighed for what was not,
And dreamed, and rested from his labors;
He dreamed of Thebes and Camelot,
And Priam's neighbors.

Miniver mourned the ripe renown
That made so many a name so fragrant;
He mourned Romance, now on the town,
And Art, a vagrant.

Miniver loved the Medici,
Albeit he had never seen one;
He would have sinned incessantly
Could he have been one.

Miniver cursed the commonplace
And eyed a khaki suit with loathing;
He missed the mediæval grace
Of iron clothing.

Miniver scorned the gold he sought,
But sore annoyed was he without it;
Miniver thought, and thought, and thought,
And thought about it.

Miniver Cheevy, born too late,
Scratched his head and kept on thinking;
Miniver coughed, and called it fate,
And kept on drinking.

I love poetry, too!

I get it....I know exactly what you're trying to say, but E.A. Robinson said it first, and better:.......

I love poetry, too!

Not a big lover of poetry, personally. I AM a big believer in the idea that the Old Ways are the better ways. I've never seen anything that would suggest to me that our way of doing things these days is superior to the way things were done in the past. We've got better technology, but it's been at the cost of our souls; a trade I'm not real interested in making that trade, thank you very much.

BTW - THIS is what I DO in terms of medieval re-creation.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9clJNa6eik&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Pennsic 36 Field Battle #2‬‏[/ame]

YES, I am actually IN that video; part of the army on the left (the ones with blue tape on the helms). You don't see me individually, but I am out there.

I get it....I know exactly what you're trying to say, but E.A. Robinson said it first, and better:.......

I love poetry, too!

Not a big lover of poetry, personally. I AM a big believer in the idea that the Old Ways are the better ways. I've never seen anything that would suggest to me that our way of doing things these days is superior to the way things were done in the past. We've got better technology, but it's been at the cost of our souls; a trade I'm not real interested in making that trade, thank you very much.

BTW - THIS is what I DO in terms of medieval re-creation.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9clJNa6eik&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Pennsic 36 Field Battle #2‬‏[/ame]

YES, I am actually IN that video; part of the army on the left (the ones with blue tape on the helms). You don't see me individually, but I am out there.

So- I nailed it?
You are Miniver Cheevy?
Wow! I am soooo impressed with me!

Actually, you couldn't be more incorrect about bullets versus ballots.

What you need is an in depth study of the French Revolution versus the American Revolution.

Forum List

Back