The Democrat Worm Turns

It seems as though the Liberal position is "we don't profess to have any morals, so, therefore we can do whatever we like".

Apparently the appearance of hypocrisy is a greater sin than utter degeneracy.

1. Need proof that the nation is right center, a position that spells doom for the Obama cult? Here is Chris Matthews saying same in his own inimitable way:

“Matthews was aware that Weiner’s behavior might not be as big of a deal in his home district of New York, but knew that around the country it played much worse. “If you’re a blue dog Democrat from a conservative culture part of the country . . . your life is getting difficult enough defending the East coast and the left coast Democratic party, they’re too far left,” Matthews said. From there he issued a stern warning to the Democratic party at large:

“If [Weiner] stays, [Democrats] never get the leadership [in the House] back. They never get the speakership back. Because the people in the rural areas of this country who are Christian, conservative, culturally – you can say ‘backward’ if you want – they don’t like this stuff.”
Chris Matthews Anthony Weiner | Weiner Resign | Video | Mediaite

"...backward..."???

2. A another couldn’t-be-more-Left-wing Democrat, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Reticent no longer, the Democratic Party hierarchy demanded on Saturday that Rep. Anthony Weiner resign for sending online material ranging from sexually suggestive to explicit to several women.

"This sordid affair has become an unacceptable distraction for Representative Weiner, his family, his constituents and the House," Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the party chairwoman, said in a written statement calling for the New York lawmaker to quit

Read more: Top Democrats: Weiner must go - seattlepi.com

3. So, what’s the story? Suddenly, the hallmark of the Left, what Daniel Patrick Moynihan labeled “defining deviancy down,” is no longer acceptable? Well, at least not when the election is on the line and the public is looking at the face of the political left….
What happened to the Clinton defense, it’s his private life, and has nothing to do with job performance….

Giving it up? A ‘come to Jesus’ moment? A jailhouse conversion?

4. And, ya’ mean that Teddy Kennedy wouldn’t be the ‘Liberal Lion’ today? That they would demand that Teddy 'quit'?

5. So, Coulter was wrong:
“…every Democrat who voted for Bill Clinton feels the need to defend duplicity, adultery, lying about adultery, sexual harassment, rape, perjury, obstruction of justice, kicking the can of global Islamofascism down the road for eight years, and so on.”

Who knew?
If it weren't for the fact that libs lack moral fiber or the gene for feeling 'shame' much like sociopaths, he would have resigned the instant he got caught, like any responsible conservative would have.

As Rush is wont to say, this is a resume enhancer for the left.

Oh goody...I love tit for tat...(just a short list...which is still longer than yours :D )

Christopher Lee - Sent flirtatious e-mails and a shirtless photo in response to a personal ad of a single 34-year-old woman on Craigslist.

Mike Duvall - He was recently caught in assembly session gossiping about his recent extra-marital affair with a fellow lobbyist, not knowing that the microphone at his dais was switched on."

Mark Sanford - Affair with a woman in Argentina.

John Ensign - Admitted to having an affair with a married staffer

Vito Fossella - Affair with a retired Air Force lieutenant colonel

Larry Craig - Bathroom sex solicitation scandal

David Vitter - Part of the DC Madam scandal

Charles R. Boutin - Resigned from MD Public Service Comission after email exchanges with a prostitute surfaced."

Newt Gingrich - Acknowledged having an affair in the 1990s

Bob Allen - Solicited oral sex from a male undercover cop. (one of my personal favorites...he offered the cop $20 so that Allen could blow the cop!)

Mark Foley - Involved in a texting scandal with male House pages

Don Sherwood - Affair with 29-year-old woman while he was a PA congressman.

James E. West - Removed as mayor of Spokane, WA after an gay Internet sex scandal.

Jack Ryan - Former wife Jeri claimed he took her to sex clubs and pressured her to have sex in public.

Steve LaTourette - Accused of affair with staffer, who he later married.

Rudy Giuliani - Ex-wife Donna Hanover accused him of "notorious adultery"; he's now married to Judith Nathan, his girlfriend at the time

Henry Hyde - Admitted he'd had an affair many years prior

Helen Chenoweth-Hage - Admitted to a six year affair with a married rancher in her home state of Idaho (Yes, even Republican WOMEN getting in on the action)

Bob Livingston - Admitted to multiple extramarital affairs."

Bob Packwood - Resigned from Senate amid allegations of sexual harassment and abuse

Ken Calvert - Arrested while soliciting a prostitute.

Jon Grunseth - Swam nude with group of 13-year-old girls; suspended gubernatorial run.

Buz Lukens - Spent time in jail after having sex with a 16-year-old girl.

Dan Crane - Reprimanded for having sex with a teenage House page.

John G. Schmitz - Had an affair that led to an out-of-wedlock child.

Jon Hinson - Caught attempting to have oral sex in a men's House restroom.

Robert Bauman - Solicited sex from a 16-year-old boy

Thomas B. Evans, Jr. - Along with other politicians, accused of being involved with lobbyist/former Playboy model Paula Parkinson.
Huh... fuzzy math strikes again.

38 listed Dems (removing Foley) is more than 29 Republicans.

Who knew?

And on the republican side, I counted a minimum of 6 who left office voluntarily. I wonder how many of those libs rode it out... as it were?

The great family values party seems to only care about the family values of people with Ds behind their names.

where is all your outrage for Vitter who wore a diaper to a prostitute and is still in office years aftrer the scandal broke.

In terms of R versus D you're absolutely correct, TM. However, for those of us who have neither an R nor a D anywhere near their name, Morals and Values are a large part of why we support NEITHER party. This is because neither party has even the most basic ability to claim any morals or values at this point in time; nor have they for the last century.

I vote, pretty much every time the opportunity arises. However, I find that very often I may only check a box in one out of every five races on the ballot. This is because I will not vote AGAINST a candidate; nor will I vote for the "lesser of two evils". If I cannot support either candidate on the ballot, I simply skip that race entirely. For example.... In 2008 I ended up casting my Presidential vote for a third party candidate, Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party because I could not vote in good conscience for either the R or the D. They were both Liberals who had little in common with my political philosophy. If Baldwin runs again in 2012, he'll probably get my vote again. If not I have a new option.... I'm now eligible to write my own name on the line at the bottom of that race.

Are your morals better?
Oh are we going to pretend we have morality now? After the giant meltdown you had in your own epic meltdown thread over the subject of hatred for morality?

Hah!

Oh goody...I love tit for tat...(just a short list...which is still longer than yours :D )

Christopher Lee - Sent flirtatious e-mails and a shirtless photo in response to a personal ad of a single 34-year-old woman on Craigslist.

Mike Duvall - He was recently caught in assembly session gossiping about his recent extra-marital affair with a fellow lobbyist, not knowing that the microphone at his dais was switched on."

Charles R. Boutin - Resigned from MD Public Service Comission after email exchanges with a prostitute surfaced."

Bob Allen - Solicited oral sex from a male undercover cop. (one of my personal favorites...he offered the cop $20 so that Allen could blow the cop!)

James E. West - Removed as mayor of Spokane, WA after an gay Internet sex scandal.

Jack Ryan - Former wife Jeri claimed he took her to sex clubs and pressured her to have sex in public.

Rudy Giuliani - Ex-wife Donna Hanover accused him of "notorious adultery"; he's now married to Judith Nathan, his girlfriend at the time

Helen Chenoweth-Hage - Admitted to a six year affair with a married rancher in her home state of Idaho (Yes, even Republican WOMEN getting in on the action)

Bob Packwood - Resigned from Senate amid allegations of sexual harassment and abuse

Jon Grunseth - Swam nude with group of 13-year-old girls; suspended gubernatorial run.

Thomas B. Evans, Jr. - Along with other politicians, accused of being involved with lobbyist/former Playboy model Paula Parkinson.

Yes we tend to get rid of the reprobates while the Dems hang onto theirs.

Charlie Rangel - tax cheat
William Jefferson - taking bribes
Bill Clinton - perjury
Anthony Weiner - whipping it out online
Barney Frank - prostitution, drug trafficking
Alan Cranston - one of the Keating 5
Dennis DeConcini - Keating 5
Don Riegle - Keating 5
John Glenn - Keating 5
Gerry Studds - sex with underage male pages
Brock Adams - sexual assault and rape
Fred Richmond - soliciting sex from underage male

Then there's these folks:
Dan Rostenkowski - House banking fraud
Albert Bustamante - bribes
Cynthia McKinney - assaulting a DC policeman
Jim Traficant - bribes
Webster Hubbell - mail fraud
Lawrence J. Smith - tax fraud
Walter Nixon - perjury
Jim Wright - bribes
Harrison A. Williams - Abscam
John Jenrette - Abscam
Raymond Lederer - Abscam
Michael Myers - Abscam
Frank Thompson - Abscam
John M. Murphy - Abscam
Fred Richmond - Drugs and child-abuse

This is a fascinating exercise in the perserverance of the Rightwing propaganda machine.

The Left has not been acting according to the script the Rightwing had written for them, i.e.,

that they wouldn't throw Weiner under the bus, and thus live up to their supposed lack of ethics, morality, and decency, so,

what does the machine do?

It manufactures a Plan B propaganda line that attacks the Left because it IS throwing Weiner under the bus.

The elegant simplicity of rightwing propaganda is that somehow, somewhere, no matter what a liberal does,

it can find a way of making him look bad for doing it.

This is a fascinating exercise in the perserverance of the Rightwing propaganda machine.

The Left has not been acting according to the script the Rightwing had written for them, i.e.,

that they wouldn't throw Weiner under the bus, and thus live up to their supposed lack of ethics, morality, and decency, so,

It manufactures a Plan B propaganda line that attacks the Left because it IS throwing Weiner under the bus.

The elegant simplicity of rightwing propaganda is that somehow, somewhere, no matter what a liberal does,

Don't you have some Palin emails to sift through you fucking hypocrite?

Some leftwingers are beginning to understand that character matters. I guess better late than never.

You are so naive. You remember Livingston chastizing Clinton, all the while roaming the DC streets for blow jobs in his limo. How he begged for mercy, cried not to be found out to his wife & family, and was finally kicked down the Congressional steps to shut him the hell up. Henry Hyde the wife cheater, etc. etc.

FACE THE FACTS!!! Congress is crawling in perverts!!! Keep those bastards the hell away from your families.

Uh, no. I'm merely repeating what so many leftwingers said when Clinton was caught with his pants down: "Character doesn't matter." They would say idiotic things like, "I don't care about the character of a pilot! I only care if he can fly the plane!" And BTW, this thread is about leftwingers, but if you want to start a thread about rightwingers then be my guest.

Why do you suppose Reince Preibus called Weiner a creep and then refused to call David Vitter a creep in the same minute?

Why do you suppose Reince Preibus called Weiner a creep and then refused to call David Vitter a creep in the same minute?

Those Palin emails izzzz waiting for ewe.

I suggest this information be conveyed to Political Chic. It appears her moral compass and scale maybe in need of repair.

And BTW, this thread is about leftwingers, but if you want to start a thread about rightwingers then be my guest.

Which is a very natural segmentation, given that moral indignation is generally a function of the party or political label of both a) the outraged and b) the outrager. See the constant refrain of "it's bad ⇔ ¬ my party does it" permeating this thread.

Witness the absurd spectacle of not only pretending that folks like Mark Foley, Howard Scott Heldreth, and Randall Casseday are Democrats, but actually digging down to the level of campaign workers to try and pad the numbers for the argument that there are more deviants in the Democratic than the Republican ranks. When political affiliations determine what is or isn't morally acceptable in your mind, you might try to hide behind the veneer of some objective moral code, but in reality you're as emotivist as the rest of modern society.

I suggest this information be conveyed to Political Chic. It appears her moral compass and scale maybe in need of repair.
Oh? And how many of those listed there either left office immediately or did not get re-elected as compared to the provided list of leftists caught in n'ere-do-well activity?

And BTW, this thread is about leftwingers, but if you want to start a thread about rightwingers then be my guest.

Which is a very natural segmentation, given that moral indignation is generally a function of the party or political label of both a) the outraged and b) the outrager. See the constant refrain of "it's bad ⇔ ¬ my party does it" permeating this thread.

Witness the absurd spectacle of not only pretending that folks like Mark Foley, Howard Scott Heldreth, and Randall Casseday are Democrats, but actually digging down to the level of campaign workers to try and pad the numbers for the argument that there are more deviants in the Democratic than the Republican ranks. When political affiliations determine what is or isn't morally acceptable in your mind, you might try to hide behind the veneer of some objective moral code, but in reality you're as emotivist as the rest of modern society.
huh... selective identity politics outrage is not very outrageous.

Morality. That's my point. Vaules, and which party, which political view doesn't have any.

NEITHER PARTY HAS ANY, PC.

The Republicans are just as Morally bankrupt as the Democrats. The Democrats are just as unlikely to even be able to discuss Family Values with a straight face as the Republicans are; and neither one can back the words up with the biography of their life even if the words sound good coming out of their mouths.

Let's frame the debate: it is not one of absolutes, sadly....but rather of relative merits.

The scale weighs heavily to the right.

:rolleyes:

please

for every wiener, there's a vitter

for every craig, there's a frank

for every edwards, there's a gingrich

the only thing the scale weighs is bullshit

• Thanks
Reactions: Cal

The Republicans are just as Morally bankrupt as the Democrats. The Democrats are just as unlikely to even be able to discuss Family Values with a straight face as the Republicans are; and neither one can back the words up with the biography of their life even if the words sound good coming out of their mouths.

Let's frame the debate: it is not one of absolutes, sadly....but rather of relative merits.

please

Hey you left out bubba..and da blue dress..

• Democrat Congressman Mark Foley abruptly resigned from Congress after "sexually explicit" emails surfaced showing him flirting with a 16-year old boy.

Is this a joke? Are you seriously not even reading (much less fact checking) the things you're copying and pasting here?

Of course she isn't. She blindly copies and pastes without even caring about the facts.

To the "morals" part of sex scandals.. I mean, really, I think anyone involved with this kind of shit, should just resign. It becomes a huge distraction for them, their family, their party, the country, the media.. and on and on. But in the end, it is their personal decision. However, whether it should or not, it does make it worse when the person has preached some moral and family values superiority to the gays, and generally anyone who isn't a "traditional" couple. Then it comes out what they did.. and years later, they're running for President -- as a family values man.. :lol:. That's the Republicans for you.

But anyhow.. I'll say this: at least Democrats are calling for a resignation. A step Republicans never took against Vitter. But of course that's excused.. I mean, it was just so long ago! :cool:

please

Actually, for every weiner, there's a frank.

Now all we need are some pork and beans.

Sorry, but the moral equivalency argument is a fail.

Last edited:

please

Hey you left out bubba..and da blue dress..

i left a lot out.

i've got important things to do, like alphabetizing my sock drawer. :lol:

Forum List

Back