The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
1408095936529.cached.jpg

The officers got the wrong man, but charged him anyway—with getting his blood on their uniforms. How the Ferguson PD ran the town where Michael Brown was gunned down.
Police in Ferguson, Missouri, once charged a man with destruction of property for bleeding on their uniforms while four of them allegedly beat him.

“On and/or about the 20th day of Sept. 20, 2009 at or near 222 S. Florissant within the corporate limits of Ferguson, Missouri, the above named defendant did then and there unlawfully commit the offense of ‘property damage’ to wit did transfer blood to the uniform,” reads the charge sheet.

The address is the headquarters of the Ferguson Police Department, where a 52-year-old welder named Henry Davis was taken in the predawn hours on that date. He had been arrested for an outstanding warrant that proved to actually be for another man of the same surname, but a different middle name and Social Security number.

“I said, ‘I told you guys it wasn’t me,’” Davis later testified.

MUCH MORE: The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie - The Daily Beast

So, Ferguson cops beat the shit out of an innocent man and then charged him for bleeding on their uniforms. Unreal.

Wow, now that we know the "victim" was a robber you're reaching way back in history for anything aren't ya? Could make similar statements about every other city's police force too. Doesn't mean the current one is bad or guilty of anything.

1408095936529.cached.jpg

The officers got the wrong man, but charged him anyway—with getting his blood on their uniforms. How the Ferguson PD ran the town where Michael Brown was gunned down.
Police in Ferguson, Missouri, once charged a man with destruction of property for bleeding on their uniforms while four of them allegedly beat him.

“On and/or about the 20th day of Sept. 20, 2009 at or near 222 S. Florissant within the corporate limits of Ferguson, Missouri, the above named defendant did then and there unlawfully commit the offense of ‘property damage’ to wit did transfer blood to the uniform,” reads the charge sheet.

The address is the headquarters of the Ferguson Police Department, where a 52-year-old welder named Henry Davis was taken in the predawn hours on that date. He had been arrested for an outstanding warrant that proved to actually be for another man of the same surname, but a different middle name and Social Security number.

“I said, ‘I told you guys it wasn’t me,’” Davis later testified.

MUCH MORE: The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie - The Daily Beast

So, Ferguson cops beat the shit out of an innocent man and then charged him for bleeding on their uniforms. Unreal.

Oh yeah I believe that. How much did he get in the civil suit?

If that is in fact Mr. Brown, we need to stop making a big deal about his being "unarmed." Looks very well armed to me. Plus, legally it doesn't matter if he was armed or not, retreating or not.

Wow, now that we know the "victim" was a robber you're reaching way back in history for anything aren't ya? Could make similar statements about every other city's police force too. Doesn't mean the current one is bad or guilty of anything.

So that merits the death penalty without a trial?

A whole lot more facts need to come out before we start taking sides.

If that really is Michael Brown in the convenience store video - since when is a misdemeanor worthy of a death sentence by cops? When murdered, THREE eyewitnesses said Michael Brown had his hands raised in the air when the cop killed him.

If that really is Michael Brown in the convenience store video - since when is a misdemeanor worthy of a death sentence by cops? When murdered, THREE eyewitnesses said Michael Brown had his hands raised in the air when the cop killed him.

Which is precisely why we should let the investigation continue instead of distracting the authorities with protests and riots.

When was Brown ‘convicted’ of ‘robbery’?

In the United States persons are innocent of alleged crimes until proved guilty in a court of law.

Which is precisely why we should let the investigation continue instead of distracting the authorities with protests and riots.

I agree, but the protests are now peaceful since the governor brought in the new black highway patrol captain to oversee security. However, based on new information (video and shooting officer identified), I'm not so sure that protesters will be peaceful tonight. I hope they are. There is a First Amendment right to peaceful protest.

Kind of sad that they have to appoint a black officer to get the protests to become non-violent. Why should the color of his skin matter?

While many other police depts have been guilty of beating a suspect, if it is true the name was prosecuted for getting his blood on their uniforms it shows a completely different level of depravity and arrogance.

Kind of sad that they have to appoint a black officer to get the protests to become non-violent. Why should the color of his skin matter?

Well, Ferguson is 67% black with a 94% white police force (50 out of 53). I can see why color matters.

While many other police depts have been guilty of beating a suspect, if it is true the name was prosecuted for getting his blood on their uniforms it shows a completely different level of depravity and arrogance.

I have a hard time believing that one.

This is what Michael Brown was doing just prior to the Police stopping him that night....

xbrown-robbery-stroe.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Dzg1QE4GTT.jpg

That hasn't been established.

Nor does it justify the shooting of a suspect absent an imminent threat to law enforcement or public safety.

That you and others on the right are seeking to 'justify' the killing predicated on an alleged robbery is both ignorant and reprehensible.

Forum List

Back