Michael Brown v. Trayvon Martin

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Some people have already made this comparison. But the only real point of comparison is that once the media established a narrative, facts don't matter. Here the narrative is that some cop shot Brown because...well for no reason at all. In Martn's case some white Hispanic guy shot Martin because he didnt like the looks of him. Both narratives are completely wrong, not even believable. But it doesnt matter. People will insist those are the true accounts and they will dismiss, or rationalize away any contrary evidence.

Some people have already made this comparison. But the only real point of comparison is that once the media established a narrative, facts don't matter. Here the narrative is that some cop shot Brown because...well for no reason at all. In Martn's case some white Hispanic guy shot Martin because he didnt like the looks of him. Both narratives are completely wrong, not even believable. But it doesnt matter. People will insist those are the true accounts and they will dismiss, or rationalize away any contrary evidence.

Of course facts matter. Like the fact that neither one of them was armed at the time they were shot. But that fact doesn't appear to matter to conservatives.

Of course facts matter. Like the fact that neither one of them was armed at the time they were shot. But that fact doesn't appear to matter to conservatives.

Wow, here it is already. The officer shot the unarmed Brown for no reason other than he was a black kid on the sidewalk.
It wont matter what else is found out or comes to light. That's the story. And the low information dolts will stick to it.

Wow, here it is already. The officer shot the unarmed Brown for no reason other than he was a black kid on the sidewalk.
It wont matter what else is found out or comes to light. That's the story. And the low information dolts will stick to it.

Well I know for one thing I won't get my information from you....that would be as stupid as thinking info wars is a legit site.

It matters, as does assaulting people, even cops. Martin and Brown are dead because they're really dumbfucks. Saved future victims and taxpayers a lot.

I don't see how they are comparable.

First off Martin was clearly self defense from the story of the only eye witness. And it didn't involve police officers.

Second, Brown is not clearly self defense from the multiple eye witnesses. It may be if the facts are significantly different than what has been reported. Precisely why we need an investigation. this case does involve police officers.

Let the investigation be conducted and then let's make decisions based on facts.

The case of Trayvon Martin is completely different. There Zimmmerman shouldn't have had his gun with him (I don't give a shit it was legal he had it with him). If he didn't have his unnecessary gun, both would have been arrested because there were no witnesses who could verify who started the right. The facts after that would have decided who should be punished. Instead someone died for no good reason.

This Brown story is nothing like that. We have to wait for the official report but given what we know now I think it is likely the cop shot him in self defense. Obviously the cop should have been carrying his gun regardless. What will really matters is how the IA report went.

First off Martin was clearly self defense from the story of the only eye witness. And it didn't involve police officers.

Second, Brown is not clearly self defense from the multiple eye witnesses. It may be if the facts are significantly different than what has been reported. Precisely why we need an investigation. this case does involve police officers.

Let the investigation be conducted and then let's make decisions based on facts.

They arent comparable, except in the way I outlined.
It wont matter what the facts are. The officer in the Brown case is already convicted of being a racist out of control cop. The facts wont matter. I feel sorry for the guy, honestly His life just became worthless and he'll have years of shit to put up with for doing his job.

Trayvon doesn't have the right to defend himself from armed stalkers?

The case of Trayvon Martin is completely different. There Zimmmerman shouldn't have had his gun with him (I don't give a shit it was legal he had it with him). If he didn't have his unnecessary gun, both would have been arrested because there were no witnesses who could verify who started the right. The facts after that would have decided who should be punished. Instead someone died for no good reason.

This Brown story is nothing like that. We have to wait for the official report but given what we know now I think it is likely the cop shot him in self defense. Obviously the cop should have been carrying his gun regardless. What will really matters is how the IA report went.

If he didnt have his gun he'd be dead.
Libs are OK with dead victims. Live heroes not so much.

Wow, bingo. The low information crowd chimes in.

Jumping a man walking back to his car and beating him against the cement is hardly defending oneself against armed stalkers.

Had he known Zimmerman was armed, he probably wouldn't have jumped the guy.

Forum List

Back