The Dangers of Whitewashing Black History

The best thing Blacks could do is to stop judging a man by his skin color before judging his character.....

. . . and that sir, is all they really want from whites.
Well, that and reparations, and other free shit, and they want to blame white people today for shit that happened LONG before any of us were born, and they want to demonize the police and burn shit down when criminals are shot.

YOU are blamed for now. YOU have benefitted from the past. For 240 plus years you whites have been given free shit.

And you know that. It's why punks like you try running your game on the internet. You can't take your argument live to the pubic. You tried and got slapped down in Charlottesville to such extent that you tried again this year and about 20 people showed up. You can't beat truth pod-nuh.

I probably know more about real black history than IM2 from talking to people, and I'm a cracker. :auiqs.jpg:

I bet he's a coal-black doodoo-type, too.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Take your act to the comedy house.

The best thing Blacks could do is to stop judging a man by his skin color before judging his character.....

Not IM2. He puts down whites and calls all white posters racist just for disagreeing with him. He never finds anything positive to say about whites.

Yes, I agree with you.

I think that comes from a lifetime of oppression though.

I once was robbed by some friends of friend. . . . . simply because of the color of my skin. NO OTHER REASON. I was at a complete loss, and did not get it. Before I called the police on them, I had to sit down and have a long talk with friend, knowing that calling the police would do two things, first, it would do no good, and second, it would probably make matters worse.

It would take me hours, maybe even days for me to make you understand.

And still? You probably would never understand how a friend of a friend could break into your house and steal from you, simply b/c they believe they are owed, b/c you have a different skin color. I get it though, it took me a long time. It is a completely different mind set when you live in a community that is oppressed and hopeless.

When you see someone as the enemy, not as individuals, but as a group, because that is how YOU TOO, have also been always been treated since birth.

It is much the same way soldiers are indoctrinated to go into battle. Society does this to us all. You may think you are different, but you do not see the many ways in which you act as he does. He sees it, he is just trying to make YOU see it.

If you don't understand at this point, you probably never will.

You don't seem to understand this:

“ I posit that the Discourse of Individualism functions to: deny the significance of race and the advantages of being white; hide the accumulation of wealth over generations; deny social and historical context; prevent a macro analysis of the institutional and structural dimensions of social life; deny collective socialization and the power of dominant culture (media, education, religion, etc.) to shape our perspectives and ideology; function as neo-colorblindness and reproduce the myth of meritocracy; and make collective action difficult. Further, being viewed as an individual is a privilege only available to the dominant group. I explicate each of these discursive effects and argue that while we may be considered individuals in general, white insistence on Individualism in discussions of racism in particular functions to obscure and maintain racism.”

Robin DeAngelo

You also don't seem to get that when we talk about white racism it is not just limited to random acts of individuals. We are talking about almost 2.5 centuries of laws, polices and systems to benefit one group and limit others. This obtuse obsession whites have with trying to force us to ignore a system to try tellig is hat w us guess one by one whether whie pes is racis has jus got to go.

150622092921-president-barack-obama-racism-quote-6-22-15-exlarge-169.jpg

And you really need not listen to Molly. I don't see any compliments towards blacks by whites here including her. So f--- Molly.

No, I completely understand it.

I never called the police.

My reparations are paid. I advocate when I can, and work with the community when I can as well.

I have been robbed three times by the black man, I have given him thousands and thousands of dollars in wealth, simply because he felt he needed it more than I. That is fine, I hold no ill will. Proverbs 22:22-23, Proverbs 3:27-28, Proverbs 28:27 We could go on.

I realize, that my position in society was possible because of who I am, so I just learned, and adapted.

I will no longer be a whipping post though. I live at 75% of poverty, am disabled, I have no more to give sir.

You CAN NOT use the government to FORCE people to do their part though, that is the same as instituting slavery. SLAVERY IS THE USE OF FORCE ROB PEOPLE OF THEIR FREEDOM.

Readdressing one wrong, with the same use of another wrong is morally and ethically repulsive and will never, ever heal this nation. It will only cause more ill will and racial strife, which, the ruling class is well aware. As you can see from the reactions in this thread, it will only bring about rebellion and obstinacy from hypocritical materialists.

We must fight this battle together, and bring folks together as one.

As long as you are going about dividing them? You will never have success. Though I do wish you luck.

You and I both know, none of these folks would ever trade places with you for even a day. That is how awful they are. I would.

Not IM2. He puts down whites and calls all white posters racist just for disagreeing with him. He never finds anything positive to say about whites.

Yes, I agree with you.

I once was robbed by some friends of friend. . . . . simply because of the color of my skin. NO OTHER REASON. I was at a complete loss, and did not get it. Before I called the police on them, I had to sit down and have a long talk with friend, knowing that calling the police would do two things, first, it would do no good, and second, it would probably make matters worse.

And still? You probably would never understand how a friend of a friend could break into your house and steal from you, simply b/c they believe they are owed, b/c you have a different skin color. I get it though, it took me a long time. It is a completely different mind set when you live in a community that is oppressed and hopeless.

When you see someone as the enemy, not as individuals, but as a group, because that is how YOU TOO, have also been always been treated since birth.

It is much the same way soldiers are indoctrinated to go into battle. Society does this to us all. You may think you are different, but you do not see the many ways in which you act as he does. He sees it, he is just trying to make YOU see it.

“ I posit that the Discourse of Individualism functions to: deny the significance of race and the advantages of being white; hide the accumulation of wealth over generations; deny social and historical context; prevent a macro analysis of the institutional and structural dimensions of social life; deny collective socialization and the power of dominant culture (media, education, religion, etc.) to shape our perspectives and ideology; function as neo-colorblindness and reproduce the myth of meritocracy; and make collective action difficult. Further, being viewed as an individual is a privilege only available to the dominant group. I explicate each of these discursive effects and argue that while we may be considered individuals in general, white insistence on Individualism in discussions of racism in particular functions to obscure and maintain racism.”

Robin DeAngelo

You also don't seem to get that when we talk about white racism it is not just limited to random acts of individuals. We are talking about almost 2.5 centuries of laws, polices and systems to benefit one group and limit others. This obtuse obsession whites have with trying to force us to ignore a system to try tellig is hat w us guess one by one whether whie pes is racis has jus got to go.

And you really need not listen to Molly. I don't see any compliments towards blacks by whites here including her. So f--- Molly.

My reparations are paid. I advocate when I can, and work with the community when I can as well.

I have been robbed three times by the black man, I have given him thousands and thousands of dollars in wealth, simply because he felt he needed it more than I. That is fine, I hold no ill will. Proverbs 22:22-23, Proverbs 3:27-28, Proverbs 28:27 We could go on.

I realize, that my position in society was possible because of who I am, so I just learned, and adapted.

I will no longer be a whipping post though. I live at 75% of poverty, am disabled, I have no more to give sir.

You CAN NOT use the government to FORCE people to do their part though, that is the same as instituting slavery. SLAVERY IS THE USE OF FORCE ROB PEOPLE OF THEIR FREEDOM.

Readdressing one wrong, with the same use of another wrong is morally and ethically repulsive and will never, ever heal this nation. It will only cause more ill will and racial strife, which, the ruling class is well aware. As you can see from the reactions in this thread, it will only bring about rebellion and obstinacy from hypocritical materialists.

As long as you are going about dividing them? You will never have success. Though I do wish you luck.

You and I both know, none of these folks would ever trade places with you for even a day. That is how awful they are. I would.
"I have been robbed three times by the black man, I have given him thousands and thousands of dollars in wealth, simply because he felt he needed it more than I. "

Did you mean "a Black man" or Black people in general?

Yes, I agree with you.

Robin DeAngelo

"I have been robbed three times by the black man, I have given him thousands and thousands of dollars in wealth, simply because he felt he needed it more than I. "

Does IM2 mean a white man or white people in general?

Yes, I agree with you.

Robin DeAngelo

Da eebul whitey.

Owes him. :rolleyes:

As of now: KKK experiences in "get whitey" IM2's family= 0

My cracker ass= 2

That fucker ain't never even fought no Klan. Pussy.

Yes, I agree with you.

Robin DeAngelo

The first wrong that continues is the problem. Ignoring this continued wrong to blame those fighting it as if they are wrong is morally reprehensible. Whites used the government to create and maintain systems which are racially biased. So don't tell me what the government can't do. And use another example besides slavery because the government passed and made legal decisions after slavery ended to maintain white racial presences. I am not the one dividing anything and I am out f patience with whites making that comment. Whites keep us divided and I will not be blamed for that by anyone white or anybody else. Nor shall I accept that any blacks opposing white racism being blamed by whites for a division they maintain.

You want to fight this together, then work in the white communiy to end the racism in it. You don't want to be the whipping post, but whites have never been the whipping posts and are not now. We have and still are. Whites will be held accountable? You reap what you sow. Whites have sown the problems they face today. So I am not going to continue being the whipping boy while whites cry about being held accountable for the mess they made.

Racism by whites in America has not ended. The first wrong continues. Our fight for equality insures yours. Get that into your head.

As of now: KKK experiences in "get whitey" IM2's family= 0

My cracker ass= 2

That fucker ain't never even fought no Klan. Pussy.

You have never fought any KKK or any other whit supremacist. I've had well over 100 incidents

i didn’t watch the vid, but I will say it isn’t safe to walk through a predominately black neighborhood at night. Everyone knows that.

Yes, I agree with you.

Robin DeAngelo

Why do you try comparing things that don't happen? No policy made by blacks has robbed whites of hundreds of thousands of dollars. We blacks have been robbed by individual whites and whites in general.

i didn’t watch the vid, but I will say it isn’t safe to walk through a predominately black neighborhood at night. Everyone knows that.

I've walked in the hood at night plenty and never been bothered. However walking through a white neighborhood or an all white town at night is vey hazardous for blacks.

Everybody knows that.

I've walked in the hood at night plenty and never been bothered. However walking through a white neighborhood or an all white town at night is vey hazardous for blacks.

Everybody knows that.

Sounds like we both have walked through the wrong neighborhoods.:)

Have you, the OP, ever started a thread that wasn’t about the color of your skin? I’m just curious.

Have you ever been really good friends with a black man and spent a day walking in his shoes?

If you woke up every morning, and when you stepped out the door, you had to be alert, and had to live with fear and dread when you entered certain areas of the city, or interacted with certain businesses in certain ways, if you didn't dress or talk the right way, it would be on your mind constantly as well.

You will sort of feel like you are living in an occupied nation.

If we do not try to understand one another, one day, we could all end up feeling this same way.
I use to live in a nice place, but it got just like what you posted right after the Illegal Mexicans moved in and took over.

MisterBeale replied to Avery, "I am describing black Americans acting how they do. Just being themselves in their communities.

Then, they go into white communities and neighborhoods, not bothering to "front" or put on an ulterior demeanor to make whites feel safer".

Mister. B., could you be more specific, briefly describing typical black American behaviors that are acceptable in black American communities....yet may cause non-black Americans to experience concerns for their SAFETY?

Peace.
It seems you are not Black, we don't like the same things most Whites don't like. Shooting in the middle of the night, our daughters being harassed by gangs of boys. drugs being sold, drug houses, driveby shootings, people being shot on the corner, break ins. sounds the same, right? Looks like things got worst. It use to be drinking but drugs are the problem. Now they make pot legal it will just get worst.

Everybody knows that.

Are you saying that Black neighborhoods are safe places for Blacks? Where does Black on Black violence/murders occur?

Forum List

Back