The Correlation between Low IQ and Racial Prejudice

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice - Yahoo! News

As suspected, low intelligence in childhood corresponded with racism in adulthood. But the factor that explained the relationship between these two variables was political: When researchers included social conservatism in the analysis, those ideologies accounted for much of the link between brains and bias.

People with lower cognitive abilities also had less contact with people of other races.

"This finding is consistent with recent research demonstrating that intergroup contact is mentally challenging and cognitively draining, and consistent with findings that contact reduces prejudice," said Hodson, who along with his colleagues published these results online Jan. 5 in the journal Psychological Science.

Shocking? Not really.

I don't think that intelligence is a factor in party affiliation. Even the researchers made this point:

Hodson was quick to note that the despite the link found between low intelligence and social conservatism, the researchers aren't implying that all liberals are brilliant and all conservatives stupid. The research is a study of averages over large groups, he said.

"There are multiple examples of very bright conservatives and not-so-bright liberals, and many examples of very principled conservatives and very intolerant liberals," Hodson said.

This research, however, found that people of low intelligence were more likely to hold racist views.

"My speculation is that it's not as simple as their model presents it," Nosek said. "I think that lower cognitive capacity can lead to multiple simple ways to represent the world, and one of those can be embodied in a right-wing ideology where 'People I don't know are threats' and 'The world is a dangerous place'. ... Another simple way would be to just assume everybody is wonderful."

Which is kind of where we are now. We think "everybody is wonderful", yet the reality conflicts with that.

You also have to wonder about how useful this "intelligence" is, when it gets you killed. "I'm not racist against blacks, so I'm going to wander around Harlem after dark." Sure, go for it.

I think there are different manifestations of racism, some of which aren't pretty. I call this "instinctive" racism, as opposed to "considered" racism (the kind I maintain). But the existence of the one doesn't delegitimize the other... rape is an ugly manifestation of sex, but without sex, we'd all be dead.

'k... I'll own up to it... I'm a none-too-bright conservative primate...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNY8eYmzdH4]The Rolling Stones Monkey Man - YouTube[/ame]

it's a miracle I can work a keyboard...

Last edited:
Yep, just as I thought...

LiveScience.com – Thu, Jan 26, 2012

this stupid thing had been posted before...so who is it that has the low IQ?

• Banned

You're implying that I'm low-IQ because I posted an article I've never seen here before?

Wow. Do you have an aid to help keep you from drooling down the front of your shirt all day?

You're implying that I'm low-IQ because I posted an article I've never seen here before?

Wow. Do you have an aid to help keep you from drooling down the front of your shirt all day?
She's the truthmatters of the right around here :lol:

Poor paulie cant win with facts so he resorts to persoanl insults for people like me who force him to view facts he doesnt like.

Ron Paul is an idiot who will never be president

Poor paulie cant win with facts so he resorts to persoanl insults for people like me who force him to view facts he doesnt like.

When you come up with an original thought you let me know.

"My speculation is that it's not as simple as their model presents it," Nosek said. "I think that lower cognitive capacity can lead to multiple simple ways to represent the world, and one of those can be embodied in a right-wing ideology where 'People I don't know are threats' and 'The world is a dangerous place'. ... Another simple way would be to just assume everybody is wonderful."

Which is kind of where we are now. We think "everybody is wonderful", yet the reality conflicts with that.

You also have to wonder about how useful this "intelligence" is, when it gets you killed. "I'm not racist against blacks, so I'm going to wander around Harlem after dark." Sure, go for it.

I think there are different manifestations of racism, some of which aren't pretty. I call this "instinctive" racism, as opposed to "considered" racism (the kind I maintain). But the existence of the one doesn't delegitimize the other... rape is an ugly manifestation of sex, but without sex, we'd all be dead.

Harlem is mostly white now you dumb fuck.:cuckoo:

I didn't hear anyone address any comments to the idiot gallery, so shut up.

You clearly walk around thinking the world is dangerous and scary, and that anyone who looks differently from you poses a threat to you, so it's as if the article is merely a condensed description of your multiple cognitive issues and low intelligence.

You clearly walk around thinking the world is dangerous and scary, and that anyone who looks differently from you poses a threat to you, so it's as if the article is merely a condensed description of your multiple cognitive issues and low intelligence.

Billie gets the taste slapped out of his mouth on the New York subway regularly by young Black men so its not surprising that he thinks this way.

This research, however, found that people of low intelligence were more likely to hold racist views.

Are you looking for an excuse for you, del, yidnar, salt, joyce and the rest because you are all stupid?

Forum List

Back