The Constitution is the Constitution, anti-Muslims please read

I ask the question: How would the government be establishing a religion or failing to allow the practice of a religion by not allow a building to be built?

A ban on mosques would certainly abridge on people's right to practice their religion.

Our religious freedom is a cornerstone of our democracy. Many of the posts in this thread make a mockery of this freedom. You would have us restrict where a church might be built just as is done in many countries that do not have our freedom of religion.

To condemn a religion, race, or creed because of the actions of a few is just plain un-American.
We should be using this event to say to the world we’re different. We judge people as individuals not as groups. Freedoms guaranteed by our constitution cannot be taken away because of your religion. Let’s not be so willing to throw away what so many Americans have died to protect.
When you have an ideology that tells the members to lay in wait, ambush and kill non members, you are not dealing with a religion. You are dealing with a crime syndicate.

5. Then when the Sacred Months (the Ist, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islâmic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikûn (see V.2:105) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush.

(and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush), do not wait until you find them. Rather, seek and besiege them in their areas and forts, gather intelligence about them in the various roads and fairways so that what is made wide looks ever smaller to them. This way, they will have no choice, but to die or embrace Islam,
So you are saying in all mosques, members are told to lay in wait, ambush and kill non members? I find this just little hard to believe.
It is in the founding charter.
it also says .
Once
8:39. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allâh Alone [in the whole of the world[]]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allâh), then certainly, Allâh is All-Seer of what they do

The Noble Quran : Surat 8
Twice

2:193. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allâh) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allâh (Alone).[] But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zâlimûn (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)
The Noble Quran : Surat 2

2:216. Jihâd[] (holy fighting in Allâh's Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allâh knows but you do not know.

2:217. They ask you concerning fighting in the Sacred Months (i.e. 1st, 7th, 11th and 12th months of the Islâmic calendar). Say, "Fighting therein is a great (transgression)[] but a greater (transgression) with Allâh is to prevent mankind from following the Way of Allâh, to disbelieve in Him, to prevent access to Al-Masjid-al-Harâm (at Makkah), and to drive out its inhabitants, and Al-Fitnah[] is worse than killing. And they will never cease fighting you until they turn you back from your religion (Islâmic Monotheism) if they can. And whosoever of you turns back from his religion and dies as a disbeliever, then his deeds will be lost in this life and in the Hereafter, and they will be the dwellers of the Fire. They will abide therein forever."

The Noble Quran : Surat 2

Our religious freedom is a cornerstone of our democracy. Many of the posts in this thread make a mockery of this freedom. You would have us restrict where a church might be built just as is done in many countries that do not have our freedom of religion.

To condemn a religion, race, or creed because of the actions of a few is just plain un-American.
We should be using this event to say to the world we’re different. We judge people as individuals not as groups. Freedoms guaranteed by our constitution cannot be taken away because of your religion. Let’s not be so willing to throw away what so many Americans have died to protect.

Most of the people here are not saying they can not be Muslim. Most of the people complaining they are building a Mosque so near to ground zero. I really do not care if they build it there. It is just not a Constitutional Right given to them. Show me in the Constitution where it states that you have the right to build a religious building where ever you see fit. Until you do that I would have to say that using the Constitution as a basis for you argument is not holding much merit.

Last edited:
I say let'em build it. As soon as it's built it will for some odd reason be burn to the ground. It might be an electric short bad ground or a leak in the gas line. Or a bolt of lighting could hit. So it's their dime let'em waste it. Would you have them to take the money that will be spent building the muskrat hole and give it to someone who will buy weapons to kill more Americans?

yes, burn down the houses of worship of those evil non-white non-protestants!

Where have we heard that before?

http://blackchristiannews.com/news/kkk.jpg
kkk.jpg

How much worship versus how much planning of the next terrorist attack should we allow? Did I say I was against therm building it? Did I say I was against them building it at all? If they are determine to build one they could build it just about any place, and nothing would be said. But why that place? They are not showing any respect to Americans if they built it there. So fuck it let'em build it and watch it burn. And are you so sure it would be someone from the klan? not every building fire was start by a little man wearing a sheet.

BigRed, what the fuck is wrong with you? The last thing we need is for something like that to happen

For them to even want to build a mosque on that sight is a little insensitive. Allowing them to build it there would prevent what? The next terrorist attack? I doubt it. There is an upside to it the more money they spend building the less money they have for buying weapon to kill more Americans.

Sorry bout that,

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You monkeys need to quit playing the "Constitutional Patriot" act when you want to bash and disparage Obama while simultaneously ignoring and disregarding the Constitution when it comes to spreading your hate and ignorance about the religions of others you don't like. The Constitution is not a respecter of religions in that it does not favor any one religion over the other and neither does it deny the freedom of religion and right to peaceably assemble. I am a Christian and member of the church of Christ and do not believe in Islam and will never do so, but those Muslims do have the Constitutional right to freedom of religion and peaceable freedom of assembly so you dumb monkeys need to quit with the protests and spreading ignorance.

Your calls on the government to stop Muslims from building mosques is un-Constitutional so you apes need to stop it.

Holy crap, bass said something intelligent and reasonable.

I never thought I'd say this, but CB:

:clap2:

1. Problem with islam is, is a really a religion?
2. I think not.
3. Its a politcal party.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You monkeys need to quit playing the "Constitutional Patriot" act when you want to bash and disparage Obama while simultaneously ignoring and disregarding the Constitution when it comes to spreading your hate and ignorance about the religions of others you don't like. The Constitution is not a respecter of religions in that it does not favor any one religion over the other and neither does it deny the freedom of religion and right to peaceably assemble. I am a Christian and member of the church of Christ and do not believe in Islam and will never do so, but those Muslims do have the Constitutional right to freedom of religion and peaceable freedom of assembly so you dumb monkeys need to quit with the protests and spreading ignorance.

Your calls on the government to stop Muslims from building mosques is un-Constitutional so you apes need to stop it.

Holy crap, bass said something intelligent and reasonable.

I never thought I'd say this, but CB:

:clap2:

1. Problem with islam is, is a really a religion?
2. I think not.
3. Its a politcal party.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Streetgang.

I ask the question: How would the government be establishing a religion or failing to allow the practice of a religion by not allow a building to be built?

A ban on mosques would certainly abridge on people's right to practice their religion.

That is not happening nor will it. That is a what if scenario. I do not care if the build the building but it is not a Constitutional right. Muslims are currently doing fine worshiping in NYC so this building is not going to make or break the religion. It has brought religious differences to the forefront and instead of bringing together all of New York it is putting a rift between the Muslims who want to build this and those opposed. I did not say Christians because there are Jews and other Muslims who are opposed to this as well.

Last edited:

Most of the people here are not saying they can not be Muslim. Most of the people complaining they are building a Mosque so near to ground zero. I really do not care if they build it there. It is just not a Constitutional Right given to them. Show me in the Constitution where it states that you have the right to build a religious building where ever you see fit. Until you do that I would have to say that using the Constitution as a basis for you argument is not holding much merit.

People were complaining about mosques being built in Tennessee, there's a thread about that one if you wish to comment.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/128071-another-islamic-center.html

And the freedom to build religious buildings is covered under the freedom of religious clause of the first amendment.

Next you're going to tell us that you don't have a right to publish books because the constitution doesn't mention books.

Last edited:

That is not happening nor will it. That is a what if scenario. I do not care if the build the building but it is not a Constitutional right. Muslims are currently doing fine worshiping in NYC so this building is not going to make or break the religion. It has brought religious differences to the forefront and instead of bringing together all of New York it is putting a rift between the Muslims who want to build this and those opposed. I did not say Christians because there are Jews and other Muslims who are opposed to this as well.

Preventing a religious group from accomodating its members with necessary facilities is tantamount to placing restrictions on freedom of worship. The government does not have the power to interfere with anybody's property rights simply because what they're doing is deemed "insensitive" by some... sensitivity toward others' misguided emotions is not a requirement in New York City's building code.

Preventing a religious group from accomodating its members with necessary facilities is tantamount to placing restrictions on freedom of worship. The government does not have the power to interfere with anybody's property rights simply because what they're doing is deemed "insensitive" by some... sensitivity toward others' misguided emotions is not a requirement in New York City's building code.
Eminent domain

It would be unconstitutional to block the building a place of worship because it is a mosque. You would be discriminating based on religion which is unconstitutional. In the United States you can't say it's ok to build a Christian church or synagogue but not a mosque.

Eminent domain

Not going to fly. The state would never allow eminent domain to be invoked as such a transparent pretense for preventing the building's construction.

Eminent domain

Not going to fly. The state would never allow eminent domain to be invoked as such a transparent pretense for preventing the building's construction.

The statement was made that the government doesn't have the right. Even though I do not agree with Eminent domain the government does have the right to take anyones proprety that it deems necessry. That is unless you are wishing to use the tenth amendment to justify your stance.

Eminent domain

The statement was made that the government doesn't have the right. Even though I do not agree with Eminent domain the government does have the right to take anyones proprety that it deems necessry. That is unless you are wishing to use the tenth amendment to justify your stance.
That decision would never be made in a case like this. Even if it was, it would almost certainly be appealed and struck down. The government's true intentions would be far too obvious.

BigRed, what the fuck is wrong with you? The last thing we need is for something like that to happen

For them to even want to build a mosque on that sight is a little insensitive. Allowing them to build it there would prevent what? The next terrorist attack? I doubt it. There is an upside to it the more money they spend building the less money they have for buying weapon to kill more Americans.

None of your monkey speak has anything to do with the Constitution and those people have a right to build a mosque, the insensitivity ploy is just a monkey screen to hide the fact that no one wants Muslims building a mosque. Besides, the very idiots walking around with those damn signs are some of the most insensitive baboons in the country, we have Columbus Day as a holiday, do you monkeys ever think or care that that maybe insensitive to Native Americans? The same with Thanksgiving Day, very insensitive to Native Americans with its fake Miles Standish story or Pilgrims and native Americans being living together happily ever after . What about pro sports teams like the Washington Redskins and the Cleveland Indians' logo of a Native American?

Many white Americans[who are the majority of those who are carrying the signs and complaining about the mosques] view people who complain about such things as whiners, but when something is insensitive to them they want people to bend over backwards to accommodate them. I'm convinced that a good amount of white people don't give a damn about what's insensitive and offensive to others because those others are not human enough to them to be respected, only people white like them are human.

They have the right to build it there under the first ammendment.

The people of the country also have a right to criticize the building of it in that location under the first ammendment.

In other words, stop being a hypocrite and let people use their free speech to voice their opinions.

Have a nice day.

There are people who are actively trying to get the government to forbid them from building the mosque.

So his rant is justified.

Also with in the rights of the people. They can petition the local Zoning board to rezone. Or have you never heard of Democracy?

No one is asking for a ban on Mosques. Some people are asking for a SPECIFIC Mosque in a SPECIFIC spot not to be built.

They have the right to build it there under the first ammendment.

The people of the country also have a right to criticize the building of it in that location under the first ammendment.

In other words, stop being a hypocrite and let people use their free speech to voice their opinions.

Have a nice day.

There are people who are actively trying to get the government to forbid them from building the mosque.

So his rant is justified.

Also with in the rights of the people. They can petition the local Zoning board to rezone. Or have you never heard of Democracy?

great, they can use rezoning as a cover for their obvious religious bigotry, you monkeys don't get, they're not rejecting the mosque for "zoning" reasons, its because of religious bigotry, have a pair of balls and have some honesty.

Now go tell all your Muslim Buddies in their Countries the same.... ohh wait I forgot, since Islam is the only religion that matters outside the US you are fine with Islamic Countries preventing the free exercise of religion with in their domains.

Hypocrite.

Forum List

Back