Legally preventing Trump from running is unconstitutional and is net detrimental to our nation.

Supposn

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2009
Legally preventing Trump from running is unconstitutional and is net detrimental to our nation.

It was Evelyn Beatrice Hall, (not Voltaire) who wrote, “I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". She better than all others expressed the essence of the “Bill of Rights first amendment to the USA's constitution: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances”.

A democratic republic must and is always vulnerable due to its dependence upon the judgment of its citizens who elect the government's officeholders. We seldom if ever have had lesser, and sometimes have had better government than we deserve. Among those us who believe ex-president Donald Trump to be inferior to all others who are or have ever been president, they only pay lip service to our constitution and our democratic republic if they advocate Trump be legally prevented from again seeking federal office.

Only until he's tried and convicted of sedition against the United States of America, should he be legally prevented from running for that office.
Respectfully, Supposn

It was Evelyn Beatrice Hall, (not Voltaire) who wrote, “I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". She better than all others expressed the essence of the “Bill of Rights first amendment to the USA's constitution: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances”.

A democratic republic must and is always vulnerable due to its dependence upon the judgment of its citizens who elect the government's officeholders. We seldom if ever have had lesser, and sometimes have had better government than we deserve. Among those us who believe ex-president Donald Trump to be inferior to all others who are or have ever been president, they only pay lip service to our constitution and our democratic republic if they advocate Trump be legally prevented from again seeking federal office.

Only until he's tried and convicted of sedition against the United States of America, should he be legally prevented from running for that office.
Respectfully, Supposn

Holy Crap. Tell me you really don’t believe that nonsense.

First. Nothing in the 14th says that the individual must be convicted. In fact it clearly indicates conviction is not needed. As Congress has the power to remove the disability. Congress has no such power regarding any criminal conviction.

Second. The freedom of speech is not absolute. You can’t claim first Amendment protection if you tell someone to murder another.

Shall I continue to point out the obvious and fatal flaws of your assertions?

Respectfully, Supposn
The text of 14/3 does NOT require a conviction and the many people on which it was used following the end of the Civil War were removed from ballots AND FROM OFFICE by CIVIL procedures, not criminal.

Respectfully, Suppos
It's insane a convicted felon can be president but not vote for president. This needs to be fixed. This is why we are open to the possibility of being taken over by a criminal. I can't believe America.

BUT, America hasn't voted for this criminal yet. They voted for him in 2016 when he was just a criminal in his personal life. Not yet as a politician. After 4 years of Trump, we rejected him. That was before he was up on 4 cases.

If we didn't like him in 2020, imagine now. Especially with what his judges did with Roe? AND, think of how many of Trump's supporters in 2020 are dead now.

Respectfully, Supposn

Trump disqualified himself when he tried to overthrow the government on January 6th. You cannot vote for a "naturalized" citizen for President, you cannot vote for someone under the age of 35 for President.

It is neither "unconstitutional" nor a violation of your "rights" if your preferred candidate is disqualified from running. Perhaps you should look for a candidate that isn't a lying insurrectionist.

We need to get rid of election interference.
You mean like when Trump sends fake electors from MI to Washinton and when Pence doesn't accept them send a mob to hang him?

Or like when Florida was doing a recount and National Republicans sent a mob to Florida to disrupt the process? So it got cancelled and sent up to the right leaning Supreme Court who gave it to Bush?

Interesting fact. Roger Stone was involved in the 2000 riot and the 2020 insurrection.

Ultimately, it will be up to the courts to decide. I would personally drop the whole ballot challenges, let him run, and let him face the current indictments he has against him. Just like every other citizen would have to do. He's doing a good job of destroying the Republican party in the process. I say, let him continue. :)

You need to find a qualified candidate. One who didn't try to overthrow the government.
You use the constant propaganda against Republicans and those who run for office to destroy them. You listen to the TV Prog talk show hosts as gospel. We are a long way from Johnny Carson. A dangerous way. We now know the war mongers. You used to e against wars. As soon as Republican voters changed you Progs became war mongers. The hate for Nixon, Ford, Reagan, George Senior, W, and Trump was incredible.

You need to find a qualified candidate. One who didn't try to overthrow the government.
I am now confident, certain that America is not going to vote for this man in the general election. No fucking way. If we do, then we deserve what we get. Biden has done a fantastic job. He deserves another 4 years. Fuck how old he is. But maybe Democrats did a horrible job at promoting Kamala the last four years. Missed opportunity. They could have made her look presidential. Instead she went into hiding for 4 years. Certainly she's no Dick Chaney type of VP. One who's very involved. And if she is, they did a terrible job explaining that to America. It's too late now. But, it's not too late for Biden to explain to poor and middle class America all that he did for them. He did A LOT. And the economy is booming. Stocks, unemployment, inflation going down.

Republicans have one good issue. The Border. We have Abortion.

You mean like when Trump sends fake electors from MI to Washinton and when Pence doesn't accept them send a mob to hang him?

Or like when Florida was doing a recount and National Republicans sent a mob to Florida to disrupt the process? So it got cancelled and sent up to the right leaning Supreme Court who gave it to Bush?

Interesting fact. Roger Stone was involved in the 2000 riot and the 2020 insurrection.
Really interesting fact…. John Roberts was involved in the 2000 “Brooks Brothers riot”

I am now confident, certain that America is not going to vote for this man in the general election. No fucking way. If we do, then we deserve what we get. Biden has done a fantastic job. He deserves another 4 years. Fuck how old he is. But maybe Democrats did a horrible job at promoting Kamala the last four years. Missed opportunity. They could have made her look presidential. Instead she went into hiding for 4 years. Certainly she's no Dick Chaney type of VP. One who's very involved. And if she is, they did a terrible job explaining that to America. It's too late now. But, it's not too late for Biden to explain to poor and middle class America all that he did for them. He did A LOT. And the economy is booming. Stocks, unemployment, inflation going down.

Republicans have one good issue. The Border. We have Abortion.
And the Republicans have no intention of solving the Border issue.

Note Trump trying to scuttle the Bill currently working its way through the Senate

Holy Crap. Tell me you really don’t believe that nonsense.

First. Nothing in the 14th says that the individual must be convicted. In fact it clearly indicates conviction is not needed. As Congress has the power to remove the disability. Congress has no such power regarding any criminal conviction.

Second. The freedom of speech is not absolute. You can’t claim first Amendment protection if you tell someone to murder another.

Shall I continue to point out the obvious and fatal flaws of your assertions?

SavvannahMann,I did post it. I do believe it.
What's the basis of your stating “As Congress has the power to remove the disability. Congress has no such power regarding any criminal conviction”?

Few things are unequivocally absolute, but in this particular case, why is it legal to prevent Trump from running for federal office? I do suppose a person convicted of sedition against the government of the United States would and should be prevented from being sworn in as president of the United States.

Please continue pointing out any obvious and/or fatal flaws of my assertions but provide supporting evidence of what you believe to have found. Respectfully, Supposn

The SCOTUS will decide the ballot issue, but that the democrats are trying this shows how desperate they are. Joe is not going to recover from the damage being done by the morally bankrupt but politically brilliant decision by border governors to start shipping their illegals off to blue cities. They have superglued that dead albatross to democratic necks.

Ultimately, it will be up to the courts to decide. I would personally drop the whole ballot challenges, let him run, and let him face the current indictments he has against him. Just like every other citizen would have to do. He's doing a good job of destroying the Republican party in the process. I say, let him continue. :)

The danger of "letting him run" is that when, not if, he loses, his Cult will try another insurrection. There is also the danger of boiling US politics in another year of hate, racism,, violence, threats and fear mongering.

We also have the Speaker of the House and the Republican House launching phony impeachments and attacks and investigations of the Biden Family and Administration, in order to smear the Bidens and confuse the public into thinking theres no difference between the two.

Proving that even a stopped clock is right twice a day, Ron DeSantis bitch whined yesterday that it's impossible to run against Trump when right wing media is giving Trump all of this positive coverage and parroting his lies, because they're afraid they'll lose their Cult viewers if they tell the truth.

Reality!!! What a concept!

Respectfully, Supposn

Except none of this is legal, it's nothing more than lawfare.

The SCOTUS will decide the ballot issue, but that the democrats are trying this shows how desperate they are. Joe is not going to recover from the damage being done by the morally bankrupt but politically brilliant decision by border governors to start shipping their illegals off to blue cities. They have superglued that dead albatross to democratic necks.

How many times do we need to point out to you that it is REPUBLICANS who are bringing these suits and applications to bar Trump from running. This is a moderate REPUBLICAN initiative and Democrats have had no part in it.

It is the border governors who are suffering from their failure to work towards any kind of immigration reform, but to simply use these poor people to create a political, but do NOTHING towards solving the problem.

The smarter voters are catching on to the notion that Republicans are REFUSING to deal with any of the nation's problems, because to help the American people or solve any of these problems would be giving "Joe Biden a win".

They've voted against any and all measures to deal with immigration or border security, including increasing border security, because they need all the angry voters they can get. If Biden "fixes" the border, how will that help them win in November??? Wash rinse and repeat for inflation - they voted against reducing insulin costs for seniors.

Republicans voted against the Instructure Bill, and then ran on the benefits it brought to their states!!! One Republican ran ads on a provision in the Inflation Reduction Act that gave a tax break to small restaurant owners, that he specifically opposed in Committee and bipartisan Committee meetings.

The Biden Economy is so successful, Donald Trump is already trying to take credit for it, saying it's running on the "fumes" of the Trump economy.

Nobody is going to be voting for the orange menace. They didn't vote for him in 2016, or 2020 and Trump has done NOTHING to endear himself to business leaders, big money Republican donors, women, minorities, or anyone with half a brain.

Even Republicans are saying they'll vote for Biden if Trump is the nominee. January 6th really was a bridge too far.

There are 6 Constitutional qualifications to be eligible to occupy the Office of the President.

If not eligible, then that is not unconstitutional.

Glad to help.

WW

Forum List

Back