The coming civil war in the US

rhodescholar

Gold Member
May 31, 2009
Strafing Iranian RGs with my .50 Cal
There are some who have been saying for decades that another civil war is coming to the US, and have differed over what it will that causes it to start, but in my mind, one of the thrusts will be for the impoverished, broken middle class worker who will begin a major attack on the public workers, and their unions.

The public unions have for far too long, been damaging the cities and states' ability to function, by forcing ever higher taxes to pay for their ever increasing salaries, benefits and pensions - which start for many public workers in their early 40s.

This scenario is totally unsustainable, and will lead to a major internal conflict, if I am correct:

Editorial: $100K pension club is growing - Sacramento Opinion - Sacramento Editorial | Sacramento Bee

Group Shines Light on Hefty Government Pensions - WSJ.com

"One of the top 10 pensioners listed is from Sacramento. Donald Gerth, No. 3 on the list, retired in 2003 after 19 years as president of California State University, Sacramento. Gerth receives a $278,555 annual pension, or $23,171.22 a month."

This is just fucking insane.

Last edited:
Pensions are going to be the catalyst for the coming right wing revolt?

Yeah, right.

We all know why you guys are going bonkers.

Anyone that takes up arms against their nation, deserves what they get:

To be crushed by the federal Army.

Again.

Yeah, right.

Again.

Interesting sentiment so close to Independence Day.

Time to whup them Yanks, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hah!

3399223571_8be75ed797.jpg

There are some who have been saying for decades that another civil war is coming to the US, and have differed over what it will that causes it to start, but in my mind, one of the thrusts will be for the impoverished, broken middle class worker who will begin a major attack on the public workers, and their unions.

The public unions have for far too long, been damaging the cities and states' ability to function, by forcing ever higher taxes to pay for their ever increasing salaries, benefits and pensions - which start for many public workers in their early 40s.

This scenario is totally unsustainable, and will lead to a major internal conflict, if I am correct:

Editorial: $100K pension club is growing - Sacramento Opinion - Sacramento Editorial | Sacramento Bee

"One of the top 10 pensioners listed is from Sacramento. Donald Gerth, No. 3 on the list, retired in 2003 after 19 years as president of California State University, Sacramento. Gerth receives a $278,555 annual pension, or $23,171.22 a month."

The irony is that no matter what happens in a political cycle, most hard-working middle-class people are Democrats. Look a little deeper and you'll find that their anger is directed at the wealthy CEO's who make 300 times what they do--the ones turning the wheels for the fat cats. They're not stupid, just frustrated.

Thanks for sharing your fantasies with us.

So like most leftist chimps you prefer to continue to allow this theft of mine and all other hard working americans' money to continue unabated, a concept you cannot share since you probably have been collecting welfare using 4 names in 6 states.

What ignorant statements. You dishonor the integrity of Rhodes Scholars everywhere.

The irony is that no matter what happens in a political cycle, most hard-working middle-class people are Democrats.
There are just as many hard working middle class Republicans :eusa_angel:

Yeah, right.

Again.

Tell it to the one who fired the first shot. Hey, I heard Sarah Palin is now free to lead the new revolution.

The irony is that no matter what happens in a political cycle, most hard-working middle-class people are Democrats.

I'm sure there are, but Rhoady thinks the working man will rise up against unions whose membership almost always votes Democratic for obvious reasons.

As idiotic as the OP is, many public pension plans are too rich and are going to require taxes be raised or services to be cut. The plans are going to have to be cut or cities such as San Diego are going to declare bankruptcy.

Of course, pensions and medical expenses are a big reason why the auto companies are bankrupt. Also, many bankrupt companies have dumped their pension obligation on the Pension Guarantee Corp., the government plan that guarantees private sector pensions. So it isn't just government.

I'm sure there are, but Rhoady thinks the working man will rise up against unions whose membership almost always votes Democratic for obvious reasons.
Very true MaggieMae!

RhodesStupid lives in a retards fantasy world :lol:

As idiotic as the OP is, many public pension plans are too rich and are going to require taxes be raised or services to be cut. The plans are going to have to be cut or cities such as San Diego are going to declare bankruptcy.

Of course, pensions and medical expenses are a big reason why the auto companies are bankrupt. Also, many bankrupt companies have dumped their pension obligation on the Pension Guarantee Corp., the government plan that guarantees private sector pensions. So it isn't just government.

Yep. How convenient they forget that last part. I do believe the PGC is close to broke itself because of so many companies just tearing up their retirement contracts with vested employees.

You REALLY think this will lead to a civil war?

Before the civil war happened one state was going to put up slavery to a vote so a whole bunch of people from both sides moved to that state to try to swing the vote to their side. The two split up into camps and ended up in near open warfare with each other (houses were burned, people were killed).

I can't think of any modern issue with that much hatred between the two sides.

impoverished, broken middle class worker who will begin a major attack on the public workers, and their unions.

No, they will revolt against the rich aristocracy that now owns over 95% of the wealth because they have been successful in destroying most of the unions..

Most public workers and union workers are middle class.

More bullshit from what ever side your on.:cuckoo:

Yeah, right.

Again.

I have no sympathy for treason.

Forum List

Back