The Christian Tithe ripoff.

Christians control the religious money , and they think they control the honey; the salvation of humanity. They have a choke hold on religion and they will not let go. They want to drown unbelievers in their hell, but take their money first.

What is apparent is that you have chosen a subject in which you have little knowledge. It would benefit your own knowledge were you to try to get a grip on just exactly what tithes are used for in most all churches. The pastor of most churches draw a set salary. Most all churches are mortgaged to the hilt. Most all churches have electric bills, water bills, maintenance bills, lawn care bills, and support missionaries as well as community outreach programs.

Know your history.

Cyprian of Carthage was the first Christian writer to mention the misguided practice of financially supporting the clergy. He argued that just as the Levites were supported by the tithe , so should the Christian clergy; that is unbiblical , the Levitical system has been abolished, all believers are priest , so if a priest demands a tithe, all believers should tithe to one another. But Christians listen to their clergy more than they do their bible. Its a habit that will never be broken in this life.

More stupidity from you. Churches have expenses. These expenses and outreach programs have to be met. Many churches are closing because they cannot meet their expenses. Yes, a pastor's salary does usually come out of the tithes and offerings but so does the mortgage payment, the electric bill, and other expenses and programs. It has to come from somewhere, stupid.

I hold no need to call you names and insult you , those are Christian ways. By calling me stupid , you are showing the way of a Christian.

What's it feel like Christian , talking to someone who can see right through you?

Feels great to tell the truth. Try it sometimes. At least bone up on your subject.

What's it feel like , having your ways exposed? Having your church exposed?

What is apparent is that you have chosen a subject in which you have little knowledge. It would benefit your own knowledge were you to try to get a grip on just exactly what tithes are used for in most all churches. The pastor of most churches draw a set salary. Most all churches are mortgaged to the hilt. Most all churches have electric bills, water bills, maintenance bills, lawn care bills, and support missionaries as well as community outreach programs.

Know your history.

Cyprian of Carthage was the first Christian writer to mention the misguided practice of financially supporting the clergy. He argued that just as the Levites were supported by the tithe , so should the Christian clergy; that is unbiblical , the Levitical system has been abolished, all believers are priest , so if a priest demands a tithe, all believers should tithe to one another. But Christians listen to their clergy more than they do their bible. Its a habit that will never be broken in this life.

More stupidity from you. Churches have expenses. These expenses and outreach programs have to be met. Many churches are closing because they cannot meet their expenses. Yes, a pastor's salary does usually come out of the tithes and offerings but so does the mortgage payment, the electric bill, and other expenses and programs. It has to come from somewhere, stupid.

I hold no need to call you names and insult you , those are Christian ways. By calling me stupid , you are showing the way of a Christian.

What's it feel like Christian , talking to someone who can see right through you?

Feels great to tell the truth. Try it sometimes. At least bone up on your subject.

What's it feel like , having your ways exposed? Having your church exposed?

The only thing you have exposed is your total stupidity on the subject.

In the old testament the tithe was food, Christians changed that to a voluntary offering before the eight century , by the end of the tenth century it had developed into a legal requirement to fund the state church. That was demanded by the clergy and was enforced by the secular authorities. Today it is no longer a legal requirement, but members are made to feel like they are sinning if they don't tithe. In some churches , you are banned from the ministry if you don't tithe.

In the old testament the tithe was food, Christians changed that to a voluntary offering before the eight century , by the end of the tenth century it had developed into a legal requirement to fund the state church. That was demanded by the clergy and was enforced by the secular authorities. Today it is no longer a legal requirement, but members are made to feel like they are sinning if they don't tithe. In some churches , you are banned from the ministry if you don't tithe.

I remember a story from the old testament. In it, god supposedly ordered all the Israelites to gather in one place. To keep disease from spreading in that gathering, they had to make an offering to god. Both rich and poor had to pay two shekels.

Christians control the religious money , and they think they control the honey; the salvation of humanity. They have a choke hold on religion and they will not let go. They want to drown unbelievers in their hell, but take their money first.

Know your history.

How about showing the people reading , any new testament scriptures that show giving the clergy a salary.

This I got to see.

Know your history.

How about showing the people reading , any new testament scriptures that show giving the clergy a salary.

This I got to see.

Most folks possess common sense. Too bad you don't.

Know your history.

This I got to see.

Translation; you can't show any New Testament scriptures that teach supporting the clergy with a salary, because " There are none!" But see Christian , I already knew you could not show what is not there in the bible; its just all in your mind. Its what you been taught all your life.

Its just wrong ; but you are not able to see this.

Know your history.

This I got to see.

Translation; you can't show any New Testament scriptures that teach supporting the clergy with a salary, because " There are none!" But see Christian , I already knew you could not show what is not there in the bible; its just all in your mind. Its what you been taught all your life.

You can't get everything from a book. One must also have a little common sense. Does the Bible say anything about my contributing to your Obamacare insurance policy? Congratulations. You are without doubt one of the most ignorant people I have ever conversed with. You are a total loser.

Know your history.

This I got to see.

You can't get everything from a book. One must also have a little common sense. Does the Bible say anything about my contributing to your Obamacare insurance policy? Congratulations. You are without doubt one of the most ignorant people I have ever conversed with. You are a total loser.

There is also no doubt I will never insult your personage, unlike you , I don't need to. Why insult your personage? For what? See when you insult my personage , your frustration is leaking out ; your ways are leaking out ; you have a need to attack people's personage , and in your mind , you think that is normal , that its alright to do. So you slander people , thinking fine to do. This is the same spirit that causes people to slander the bible , and create biblical principles that really do not exist.

Know your history.

This I got to see.

Politics and religion don't mix ya moron. Spirituality should never be mixed in with politics as a way to rule a country. If you do that, you have a theocracy, which is what most Muslim countries have.

Heaven is a theocracy;

and I see no reason to call anyone a moron; why mix conversations with such needless vernacular?

This I got to see.

Politics and religion don't mix ya moron. Spirituality should never be mixed in with politics as a way to rule a country. If you do that, you have a theocracy, which is what most Muslim countries have.

Who put politics in here? Are you daft?

This I got to see.

I see your need to call me names is magnifying ;the habit grows stronger within you. The longer you do it to me , the more I will keep exposing it. Not that you care, I already know you don't care how much you insult others ; its a part of your walk.

Isn't it absolutely fantastic that we live in a nation where no one can be forced to give anything at all to any church at all therefore this OP is totally without any merit whatsoever.
There is a lot of hate and fear in those who oppose Christ. They will leap on any facet of doctrine in order to avoid the central truth of the Gospel. The Church should not allow such distractions to succeed.

Isn't it absolutely fantastic that we live in a nation where no one can be forced to give anything at all to any church at all therefore this OP is totally without any merit whatsoever.
There is a lot of hate and fear in those who oppose Christ. They will leap on any facet of doctrine in order to avoid the central truth of the Gospel. The Church should not allow such distractions to succeed.

There is much more hate and fear in the Christian message of eternal hell punishing; nothing else even rivals this insane message of hurting humans forever. And a religion is putting it out there. The Christian church will not allow this evil message to remain silent , they are trumpeting it all around the world.

There is much more hate and fear in the Christian message of eternal hell punishing; nothing else even rivals this insane message of hurting humans forever. And a religion is putting it out there. The Christian church will not allow this evil message to remain silent , they are trumpeting it all around the world.
God provided a way for man to avoid the punishment he brings on himself. That's the good news of the Gospel.

In the Jewish tradition, if you gave 1/40th, you were a mensch (great guy), if you gave 1/50th, you were considered average, and if you gave 1/60th, you were considered stingy.

10 percent of your total income is a Christian thing.

38% is a Democrat thing

In the Jewish tradition, if you gave 1/40th, you were a mensch (great guy), if you gave 1/50th, you were considered average, and if you gave 1/60th, you were considered stingy.

10 percent of your total income is a Christian thing.

Mickiel is right-----the original biblical tithing relates to the agrarian society which Israel/Judea was-----the donation of
the products of agriculture as a kind of tax--------DA FIGs AND DA BARLEY. Not a very precise thing------I have never heard (or read) of any cases of "FAILURE TO REPORT ONES FIG PRODUCTION" as a Sanhedrin issue. Several items of agriculture were immune from the tithe-----like CUMIN SEEDS and PEPPER CORNS --------it was largely what we call the CASH CROPS

I see your need to call me names is magnifying ;the habit grows stronger within you. The longer you do it to me , the more I will keep exposing it. Not that you care, I already know you don't care how much you insult others ; its a part of your walk.

Well, the fact that you realize I hold no respect at all for you yet you continue your misinformation exposing your own ignorance, goes to prove my point concerning your lack of intelligence.

Forum List

Back