The Christian Tithe ripoff.

I have once done an experiment. It was about going to church but not paying them. After the third time, their looks alone were almost enough to kill me. So much for American churches. They are cults. Hehehe.

Oh yes , intimidation is a sure church tactic to get your money. They will pass that money plate three or four times during a service.
Most giving in our church is done online and during the service the pastor explicitly states that visitors are not to feel pressured to give. I don't know what churches you guys attended, but they weren't the ones I have been in.
This stuff I've never heard of. Have you just made it up? I have been to the early party of a new church, as an example. Most of it was about money.
I'm being very serious. Our church does not expect visitors to give anything, and members mostly give online. At the end of the service, we pass popcorn buckets (throwback to our start in a movie theater) to pick up visitor information cards and any giving that anyone might want to do. No pressure, no show, no pomp and circumstance. It works very well.

I have once done an experiment. It was about going to church but not paying them. After the third time, their looks alone were almost enough to kill me. So much for American churches. They are cults. Hehehe.

Oh yes , intimidation is a sure church tactic to get your money. They will pass that money plate three or four times during a service.
Most giving in our church is done online and during the service the pastor explicitly states that visitors are not to feel pressured to give. I don't know what churches you guys attended, but they weren't the ones I have been in.
This stuff I've never heard of. Have you just made it up? I have been to the early party of a new church, as an example. Most of it was about money.
I'm being very serious. Our church does not expect visitors to give anything, and members mostly give online. At the end of the service, we pass popcorn buckets (throwback to our start in a movie theater) to pick up visitor information cards and any giving that anyone might want to do. No pressure, no show, no pomp and circumstance. It works very well.

Oh how sweet , popcorn buckets , just the thing to collect a lot of money, a bucket. You don't " Expect" me to give , but you pass me a bucket when its time to choose to give. Subtle suggestion?

You see how these Christians are defending their churches ,no matter what the churches are doing ; because " Faith in your church is equal to faith in your God." The church or pastor can do no wrong.

Their using popcorn buckets to collect money , and this church member is thinking about going to the movies , while their pastor goes to the bank .

Oh how sweet , popcorn buckets , just the thing to collect a lot of money, a bucket. You don't " Expect" me to give , but you pass me a bucket when its time to choose to give. Subtle suggestion?

You see how these Christians are defending their churches ,no matter what the churches are doing ; because " Faith in your church is equal to faith in your God." The church or pastor can do no wrong.

Their using popcorn buckets to collect money , and this church member is thinking about going to the movies , while their pastor goes to the bank .
Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. We collect visitor information cards and make it very clear no one is pressured to give. If they want to give us some information about themselves and if they want us to contact them, they drop the card in the bucket. I'll issue you a challenge. Come to our service and see for yourself. If you won't, don't claim to have information you don't.

Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. We collect visitor information cards and make it very clear no one is pressured to give. If they want to give us some information about themselves and if they want us to contact them, they drop the card in the bucket. I'll issue you a challenge. Come to our service and see for yourself. If you won't, don't claim to have information you don't.

That visitor information card is the fore runner of becoming a business card ; you " Partner with the church" ; its a three way relationship ; its you , the church and your bank account.

That visitor information card is the fore runner of becoming a business card ; you " Partner with the church" ; its a three way relationship ; its you , the church and your bank account.
Not in our church. Like I said, the door is open for you to gain actual knowledge instead of relying on what you "know" from other churches and hate sites.

Not in our church. Like I said, the door is open for you to gain actual knowledge instead of relying on what you "know" from other churches and hate sites.

These are not hate sites , they are fact finding sites;

The pastors swim in millions, while their congregations are incredibly poor – Financial Juneteenth

These are not hate sites , they are fact finding sites;

The pastors swim in millions, while their congregations are incredibly poor – Financial Juneteenth
Ah, now we get to the crux of the problem. There are indeed pastors who take advantage of their congregations and live lavish lifestyles while their congregations suffer. They are properly described as wolves in sheep's clothing and will have to justify their actions to Christ. There are, however, many many more who do not. The Churches I have been a part of usually publish the pastor's salary in the annual budget so people know how much he makes. Heck, the church I grew up in didn't even pay pastors a salary, just a stipend to cover some expenses. They were expected to support themselves. But, like I said, come check out our congregation for REAL first hand information, not stuff you heard about or want to believe but haven't seen.

This is so pitiful ; the church does not want your money , but its passing around popcorn buckets instead of collection plates. And it has its members taking up for that like trained pets.

When they pass me the collection plate, I say thank you Lord, and take a few bucks.

This is so pitiful ; the church does not want your money , but its passing around popcorn buckets instead of collection plates. And it has its members taking up for that like trained pets.
I see where you're headed with this. I invited you to get actual, first hand information. Instead of doing so, you intend to continue spouting misinformation as if it were fact. That's really sad. It's no more realistic than insisting that law abiding concealed carry permit holders are dangerous wannabe gun fighters, then refusing to even see what checks they go through to demonstrate that they are authorized to carry a weapon. You have a belief you do not want to release, and refuse to even consider that you may be wrong.

When they pass me the collection plate, I say thank you Lord, and take a few bucks.

Hey , catch up to the conversation , there's a new thing going on; no more collection " Plates" , now we use popcorn buckets to hold more cash. The collection plate began in 1662 , plates and dishes were used ,but they are no longer big enough to rake in the dough.

Hey , catch up to the conversation , there's a new thing going on; no more collection " Plates" , now we use popcorn buckets to hold more cash.
Hey, here's a clue for the terminally uninformed. Come visit and you'll see what actually goes on. Don't, and you're not firing on all cylinders, you're just emotionally lashing out.

Hey , catch up to the conversation , there's a new thing going on; no more collection " Plates" , now we use popcorn buckets to hold more cash.
Hey, here's a clue for the terminally uninformed. Come visit and you'll see what actually goes on. Don't, and you're not firing on all cylinders, you're just emotionally lashing out.
I don't want popcorn, I only take cash.

The popcorn was out in the lobby, along with the coffee. Now there's coffee and baked goods in the lobby since we're not in a theater any more. Sorry to disappoint you, but the buckets are empty except for some visitor cards. Not even much cash because most members give online.

The popcorn was out in the lobby, along with the coffee. Now there's coffee and baked goods in the lobby since we're not in a theater any more. Sorry to disappoint you, but the buckets are empty except for some visitor cards. Not even much cash because most members give online.
Your church sucks. I bet your women aren't horny either.

Wow, you're juvenile.

Creflo Dollar has ATM's in his church lobby for those interested.

ATM's in the lobby , good grief , what a tangled web we weave. Stunning deception being swallowed daily.

Wow, you're juvenile.
I'm single, I'm looking for a horny single religious chick. Know any?

Wow, you're juvenile.
I'm single, I'm looking for a horny single religious chick. Know any?
I wouldn't tell you either way. You'll just have to stay frustrated. So sorry, said no one in particular.

Forum List

Back